Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Convective General Discussion & Forecasts, 26th June 2012>

Coast

Posted

The Low clouds over last 24 hrs have been sandy brown in colour, i was going to mention this, must be from sahara, cars also covered in it

+1 my car - here in Essex is absolutely plastered in dust from the drizzle today

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

MW doesn't exist? By the way I'm an A licenced radio ham in case anyone was wondering about my credentials

Off topic, but coooooooome on everyones heard of Medium Wave????????? Surely????

Posted
timestamp='1340820463' post='2324107']

Thats the same question I have, but i would have much further to travel and much more to lose if nothing happened

As you are only about an hour away from the south coast you could just keep a watch on the radar and if things start getting close to the coast you could then head down there. That is assuming you are driving of course (using public transport it will be more tricky). Having said that, Bristol doesnt look a too bad place to be for early in the morning.

I think (stress the word think) that if there is any thundery stuff heading to the coastline then it will remain electrically active as it comes inland onto the coast. Danger is, if you headed down there without seeing something heading that way first, everything could end up in Ireland and SW Wales as some models are showing.

I'm only about 20 mins from Weymouth so I'll be keeping a close eye on things tonight and heading to the coast if anything starts traveling over the channel, been so long since I last seen an import coming across the channel .

I think it's going to be 50:50 if anything kicks off down here thought.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

Never heard of it being on MW. I have two modern radios and MW doesn't exist, it's just AM and FM, and in the past, AM was what i used to pick up the sferics.

Back on topic, local forecasts haven't mentioned a single thing about anything thundery. Either there's going to be a big bust, or it's going to be down to the wire.

AM = MW :-)

Very calm sky here, a blanket of cloud and nothing "bubbling".

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Looks like this extra dust in the atmosphere will make for a cracking sunset

Bye the way 'El Brumo camo' will be on early tomorrow morningwhistling.gif