Holidays
Local
Radar
Pollen

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PolarWarsaw

The 2012-2013 Nw Football Prediction League

I've been thinking about starting something like this for a few months now, but thought it to be best that I leave the idea until the new season isn't too far away. I've been part of a competition like this before. Basically below, I'll breakdown the rules and anyone who wishes to be part of the 'competition' simply signs up and predicts scorelines per fixture week.

Im part of a football forum that I have over 4,000 posts on and have participated in the exact same format as the one im going to suggest below for the last 3 or 4 years. Every year it runs perfectly.

Rules

- 2 fixtures from every division in the English Premier/Football League pyramid and 2 from the SPL.

- Every week I'll list the fixtures and you predict the score

- For every correct outcome you get correct, you score 1 point

- For every correct scoreline you get correct, you score 3 points.

- 1 division unless demands high

- Promotion and relegations if there's more than 1 league.

-There will be a log kept of every prediction week throughout the entire season, as well as individual game seasons, to keep things interesting.

Here's an example.

Predictions

Manchester City 1-0 Manchester United

Chelsea 2-1Tottenham

Exact Scorelines

Manchester City 2-0 Manchester United - 1 point for the correct outcome.

Chelsea 2-1 Tottenham - 3 points because the scoreline is bang on

Simply sign up below, anytime before the football season starts and your in.

yo radders looks good but my team are still in the hell hole of the BSP so i take it you won't be doing that league lol

ps this weather is crap so better talking about footy

I will be involved, but it's a big commoitment from you after the collapse of the last couple of prediction leagues. I would need convincing that it will actually be seen through. No offence mate, just saying how I see it.

The last couple of prediction leagues? They were nothing to do with me, this is the first I've seen of this on this forum and haven't par-taken in anything else as such bar on other football forums. Im more than willing to follow this through. It only takes a few minutes every week and a few reminders.

I just sing up.

What I have to do for having notifications? Following this topic?

I'll be sending PM's round. Okay so thats 5 so far. I no there's more football fans out there! Get signed up.

If there's no money on the table i cant be ar#ed

I'll probably give £20 to NW directly fand £10 to the winner or something like that.

Come on people keep them coming in! Season's getting closer and closer with most teams returning to pre-season training this week!

Great stuff - BUMP! More members the more interesting this turns out to be!

Please count me in also.

Many thanks

Dave

Welcome Dave. More the merrier guys! I'll get the 1st week fixtures up in time for the end of July.

12 or so including me. Ideally we'd need 3 or 4 more to run 2 divisions of 8. So anymore members out there that are interested please take part! Its free and there's a chance to win £20.

I'm in and money to charity when I win!!!!!!

Loving that attitude! Welcome to another member. At least now im going to have fun when I beat you!