Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Warmer Week Monday, 25th June 2012 Onwards

Posted

I just thought I would make this because it seems we are heading towards a possible nicer week and temperatures, sunshine levels permitting, perhaps into the 80's Fahrenheit?

I do see us reaching those highs next week, do you?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I was more sure yesterday than I am today. But, judging from how the models tend to vary from run to run, there must be a chance, at least in the south, of something warm and humid, from sometime around mid-week?

Posted

I'm actually more sure of this happening due to the fact that GFS now seems to have come more into line with ECM now and is clearly showing temperatures into the mid 20s for the south around Thursday. Time for this to change but it certainly looks like a warmer week than last week. Thanks for starting this thread as I have got very fed up of the Model Output discussion- people in there are far too negative and are not posting about what the models are showing. I don't see how just saying a chart is 'dire' is informative at all!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Possibility of mid-twenties in the South yes, as higher 850's cross for a short time, soon moving away again though to ensure it returns back to normal.

Posted

I think rainfall is more important than temperatures going off recent times. I don't see 22C and steady rain any better than 16C and steady rain, arguably its worse because you try and wear a coat when it's wet but clammy. No for me it is whether it's drier, warmer is academic if we are still getting a soaking.

Posted

Possibility of mid-twenties in the South yes, as higher 850's cross for a short time, soon moving away again though to ensure it returns back to normal.

The 850s are generally higher than they have been for most of the past week though so many places will exceed 20C on most days next week. I know this is normally nothing to write home about but it is a crumb of comfort after what we've had.

Posted

I'm only a beginner really so I'm not sure how to read all of the charts and stuff yet but I do regularly check all of the forecasts for my area, such as, accu weather, met office, netweather obviously, bbc, the weather online etc etc, I really don't like the humidity, I love seeing the temperatures shoot up when we have a heatwave but if we are only going to have the mid twentys but humid then it just annoys me I would much preffer highs of 30+ and no humidity at all but hey ho, that's what you get for living in Britain I suppose...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Definitely, There is some serious heat coming up from the South and the SE should scrape it, 23-28C maybe,will be short-lived, broken down by a Spanish Plume with Severe T-Storms over France maybe affecting southern parts, then back to boring slack Northerly nonsense after that.

Edited by BrightInBrighton

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

At least it will give this June a respectable max temperature. I believe the highest so far is 23c. Might see 27/28c before the end of the week.