Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Have You Noticed The Reduction In Daylight Hours Yet ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

Actually in Barcelona it gets dark around 9:30pm with it totally dark only by about 10pm due to it being on CET despite a similar longitude to the east of the UK. I remember as I was there in late June this year- plenty of evening light but it only got light about half 6 or so in the morning. All they loose compared to us is 0430-0630 daylight + the lingering twilight (oh and the naff British summer weather!).

Ah yes, even though hours of daylight are less in Summer its only really in the early hours that it would be noticeable. I can see sunset times are similar to London. So i suppose you arent really losing out at all compared to the UK.

And in winter the evenings are quite a bit lighter. According to this http://www.gaisma.com/en/location/barcelona.html on the 31st November sunset is at 17:32 whereas in the UK it will be before 4pm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and 15-25c

have you noticed how quickly it gets dark on the equator?..i spent a bit of time in Singapore..it takes about 15 mins to go from daylight to pitch darkness after sunset...no good if you still have a few overs to play in a one dayer at sun down.

Posted

have you noticed how quickly it gets dark on the equator?..i spent a bit of time in Singapore..it takes about 15 mins to go from daylight to pitch darkness after sunset...no good if you still have a few overs to play in a one dayer at sun down.

Not personally as I have never been at or near the equator but, I remember hearing Michael Holding mention it on commentary when England were playing the West indies in Guyana a few years ago.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Seen it in Barbados - and yes - bam! At 5:30pm the sun is loads above the horizon (sort of height where in the UK you've got several hours yet) and by half 6 its pitch black. Felt almost unreal being so warm all the time yet dark so early. Wonderful place to be in January though that's for sure!

Posted

why do the yanks put their clocks back? next week in some parts sunrise will be at 6 15 am and sunset at 16 50 pm, no need for it to get light that early

maybe they have to because in other parts like houston, sunrise is currently at 7 45, its a bit like here, in the south and east the mornings are not that dark right now but its because of the scots and irish that we have to put our clocks back, so we have to suffer in the evenings cos of them

i can't see see the scots and northern irish ever agreeing to stay on BST in the winter, and thats joe public not the farmers, so until they get Independence the whole UK will have to go back to GMT in winter

Edited by Snowy Easterlies

Posted

Don't most people go to bed when its dark all year round?

lowest form of wit,

and not if you have kids you got to take all the sleep you can get light or dark blum.gif

Edited by itsnowjoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

... And can't you tell... *sits still at work with it pitch black outside*.