Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Konstantinos

Animation Of Atlantic Hurricane Seasons

The 1971 animation is very interesting with Hurricane Ginger being the second longest lasting Atlantic hurricane on record. Just look at how many storms form and dissipate within Ginger's lifespan!

The 1971 animation is very interesting with Hurricane Ginger being the second longest lasting Atlantic hurricane on record. Just look at how many storms form and dissipate within Ginger's lifespan!

We are talking about one month duration? I cannot believe it... I am surprised. 6 September 1971 - 5 October 1971. But what is the FIRST longest lasting Atlantic hurricane on record?

We are talking about one month duration? I cannot believe it... I am surprised. 6 September 1971 - 5 October 1971. But what is the FIRST longest lasting Atlantic hurricane on record?

Hurricane 3 of 1899 is the longest lasting Atlantic hurricane on record. Lasted from August 3rd- September 4th 1899. Also known as the San Ciriaco hurricane.

Hurricane 3 of 1899 is the longest lasting Atlantic hurricane on record. Lasted from August 3rd- September 4th 1899. Also known as the San Ciriaco hurricane.

I understand, but now I am wondering, how was our level of watching and following a hurricane this period? Did we have good equipment? We are talking about 113 years ago. Obvious without computers...

And now we are waiting for 2012 Atlantic Hurricane season.