Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Winter Forecast! - He's At It Again...

Posted

i see james madden has his winter forecast out-

"

Winter 2012-13

I strongly emphasised on the strong winds throughout the winter period of 2011/12 in August, before any other suggestions from any other forecaster. I also suggest that unusually strong winds will again be problematic at times during the upcoming autumn/winter period too.

As for next winter, the Met Office representation/scientist who stated “we are currently expecting a series of milder winters†will be incorrect about the upcoming 2012/2013 winter (Aired BBC 2 - 6th November 2011).

I also expect that the “series of milder winters†statement was made due to the unexpected rise in solar activity during the late part of 2011, and the expected rises being forecast by other professional bodies for the future (when I have consistently argued otherwise).

I expect large parts of this winter to be very cold and exceptionally snowy in comparison to last year (forecasting confidence is quite high). I also expect these conditions to arrive earlier, rather than later this winter. There may even be the potential for some of the coldest/snowiest conditions in at least a century at times within the upcoming winter. More detailed information to follow on this shortly in the UK winter 2012-13 forecast/updates."

pretty much the same as every other of his winter forecasts!

http://www.exactaweather.com/UK_Long_Range_Forecast.html

Posted

What, no forecast for Winter 2013/2014??? Light weight!!!!! rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

That means we'll get a mild winter then, his forecast last year failed even though he won't admit it, even up to the final days before christmas he expected widesprea heavy snow instead we got a mild winter

We get the same every year from him

Edited by Gavin D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

"

Winter 2012-13

I strongly emphasised on the strong winds throughout the winter period of 2011/12 in August, before any other suggestions from any other forecaster. I also suggest that unusually strong winds will again be problematic at times during the upcoming autumn/winter period too.

As for next winter, the Met Office representation/scientist who stated “we are currently expecting a series of milder winters†will be incorrect about the upcoming 2012/2013 winter (Aired BBC 2 - 6th November 2011).

I also expect that the “series of milder winters†statement was made due to the unexpected rise in solar activity during the late part of 2011, and the expected rises being forecast by other professional bodies for the future (when I have consistently argued otherwise).

I expect large parts of this winter to be very cold and exceptionally snowy in comparison to last year (forecasting confidence is quite high). I also expect these conditions to arrive earlier, rather than later this winter. There may even be the potential for some of the coldest/snowiest conditions in at least a century at times within the upcoming winter. More detailed information to follow on this shortly in the UK winter 2012-13 forecast/updates."

http://www.exactawea...e_Forecast.html

Aye. Cobblers!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Strong winds??

Well he does spout a lot of hot air I suppose!

It does seem that he has taken last winters forecast and substituted 2011/2012 for 2012/2013?

Posted

Aye. Cobblers!

language Timothy

if you are old enough to remember that series?

Posted

language Timothy

if you are old enough to remember that series?

Sorry mother!rofl.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

"Exceptionally snowy"..."very cold"..."in comparison to last year"

Well, last year was hardly an ice age was it?

Posted

"Exceptionally snowy"..."very cold"..."in comparison to last year"

Well, last year was hardly an ice age was it?

Yep...........but in Madden land he was predicting an Ice Age last winter.

So if this is relation to his forecast from last year, then expect absolute zero to be recorded in Braemar!

Posted
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and storms
  • Location: Hayward’s Heath - home, Brighton/East Grinstead - work.

"

Winter 2012-13

http://www.exactawea...e_Forecast.html

One could forecast strong winds every winter and be right!!

If I remember rightly that James Madden completely ignored the cold stratosphere to his cost last year, and one could say he was very accurate if what he meant to say was that the exact opposite of what he forecast would occur!!

Posted

What, no forecast for Winter 2013/2014??? Light weight!!!!! rofl.gif

same forecast- just insert date, as appropriate......!

Posted

To bring some balance to the argument though (even though I think he is a chancer!), his summer forecast made in February is going pretty well:

At the very best we are looking at an unsettled to mixed summer for this year. The summer is likely to be hampered by periods of relatively cool and very wet weather at times. As a whole the temperatures for summer are likely to be near or below average, dependent on which scenario unfolds out of the given two. Rainfall amounts are also likely to be near or above average for the summer as a whole. In terms of the 2012 Olympics and although it does become extremely difficult to forecast for a two-week period this far out in advance, they are also likely to be pretty mixed in terms of the primary location in London. However, as we progress through August and into September, there is the potential for some warm or very warm periods of weather at times.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy weather in winter, dry and warm weather in summer

Interesting to see that Madden has stated that the series of mild winters being predicted "will be incorrect". He usually will never be definite in his forecasts "I expect, it is likely, I strongly emphasise, the possibility etc."

Not that I don't want a cold winter, but this is the man who went for a snowmageddon last year and got it wrong. He's also fairly vague and his forecasting is fairly basic "I expect to see high winds during the autumn and early winter" (fairly common every year).

I suppose he's going easy on it this time. I had a fair bit of lols reading this:

(https://sites.google.com/site/crabtreescompendiumofesoterica/predictions-for-2012-dated-thursday-december-1st-2011/2013-weather-geophysical-predictions)

This guy makes Madden look like the Met Office!

Posted

Interesting to see that Madden has stated that the series of mild winters being predicted "will be incorrect". He usually will never be definite in his forecasts "I expect, it is likely, I strongly emphasise, the possibility etc."

Not that I don't want a cold winter, but this is the man who went for a snowmageddon last year and got it wrong. He's also fairly vague and his forecasting is fairly basic "I expect to see high winds during the autumn and early winter" (fairly common every year).

I suppose he's going easy on it this time. I had a fair bit of lols reading this:

(https://sites.google...cal-predictions)

OMG..........that is hilarious. November 2012 could be colder than December 2010!!

I think you may have found the twin brother of Yamkin! rofl.gifblum.gif

Posted

His 'forecast' should end with ' That's all folks'!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy weather in winter, dry and warm weather in summer

OMG..........that is hilarious. November 2012 could be colder than December 2010!!

I think you may have found the twin brother of Yamkin! rofl.gifblum.gif

Please excuse my ignorance, but who's Yamkin? unknw.gif

Posted

who's Yamkin? unknw.gif

c078.gif

Posted

scroll right to the bottom of that page...... guess who's there!!!!

Posted

c078.gif

I know, I'm so sorry! I haven't been following this forum much. sorry.gif

If I remember rightly that James Madden completely ignored the cold stratosphere to his cost last year, and one could say he was very accurate if what he meant to say was that the exact opposite of what he forecast would occur!!

A little unfair, nobody knows the winter stratospheric temperature from this far out. In any case, polar strat was warm in January and at the end of that month and into February remember Europe was affected by an extreme spell of winter weather which we only caught the edge of - a near miss.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_European_cold_wave

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

Yes i red that forecast last week and didn't know what to make of it. Well now he is going for a cold winter we can kiss goodbuy and in sted will end up with mild mush.

Posted

A little unfair, nobody knows the winter stratospheric temperature from this far out. In any case, polar strat was warm in January and at the end of that month and into February remember Europe was affected by an extreme spell of winter weather which we only caught the edge of - a near miss.

http://en.wikipedia....opean_cold_wave

Which is why people shouldn't be pretending that they can?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Any long range forecast would look more credible if some data was included.

I don`t know his methods and why he comes to the conclusion of a cold Winter to come and so without some reasoning for his forecast it`s difficult to take it seriously.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

"Forecasting confidence is very high" ??

post-8895-0-35885500-1340121409_thumb.pn