Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

cheeky_monkey

Are You Related To Anyone Famous?

My mum because she is now retired etc has been doing these ancestry family trees online which she sent to me as something to show my kids.

Now i have always known from an early age that i was related to Gareth Edwards the great Welsh rugby player from the 1970s (He is my Father's cousin..my Grandfather's nephew)..anyway what i didn't know by a curious quirk of marriages during the 1980s and 1990s is that i am also related to Harry Redknapp through marriage and it goes like this...my cousin's(my mum's niece) husband's brother is Louise Redknapp's father...actually reading this i am not sure that technically makes me related?

Anyone else?

I'll need to have a good think about this.....

In my family, there's supposed to be a connection with Alexander Selkirk and the eldest male in the family passes on what is supposed to be Alexander Selkirk's bureau.

My Great grand-father was a footballer who played for Motherwell and Blackpool.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ronald_Duncan_(alpine_skier) - Ronald Duncan is my father's cousin and he was an alpine skier, born in 1962 in Dundee.

Mark Johnston is my uncle's brother in law, and he is a racehorse trainer.

I might have a look to see if there's anymore.

My mum because she is now retired etc has been doing these ancestry family trees online which she sent to me as something to show my kids.

Now i have always known from an early age that i was related to Gareth Edwards the great Welsh rugby player from the 1970s (He is my Father's cousin..my Grandfather's nephew)..anyway what i didn't know by a curious quirk of marriages during the 1980s and 1990s is that i am also related to Harry Redknapp through marriage and it goes like this...my cousin's(my mum's niece) husband's brother is Louise Redknapp's father...actually reading this i am not sure that technically makes me related?

Anyone else?

You aren't related (to the Redknapps) as there is no common ancestor.

I don't even reckon my mother knew David Lloyd-George...

2 that I know of......My uncle by marriage is comedian Lenny Windsor and one of my ancestors was renowned 18th/19th century industrialist Benjamin Outram

When I was off work for a while I did some of the tracing the family tree thing, haven't completed it but so far I've found out there was a Pope in the family, the only English one so far, called Nicholas Breakspear. Not sure if I should admit to this one.....Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall is a first cousin, twice removed - I'm not on the Christmas card list, didn't get an invite to the wedding and clearly am from the poor side of the family. Also found there was an ancestor transported to Australia for 15 years - his crime was to be present in the room when a threatening letter was written during the swing riots. As many did, he died on route.

I don't even reckon my mother knew David Lloyd-George...

There's always an exception to the rule.

The actress Claire Goose is a third cousin. Family legend says that there is a Tolpuddle Martyr on my Mum's side, but I haven't done any research.

The answer is; dont know, wont bother to look.