Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SNOW_JOKE

Leek/derbyshire 'double Sunset'

Once again the annual Double Sunset is viewable from many locations in Leek and the Derbyshire countryside. Glutton Bridge set to be the most favourable with the author of the 'double sunset' book Jeff Kent guiding talks on the Wednesday, Thursday & Friday.

This phenomenon will only last for the next 2700 years until the angular tilt becomes too great that reappearance from Chrome Hill and The cloud in Leek won't happen for another 10,000 years after that.

http://www.buxtonadvertiser.co.uk/news/your-chance-to-see-double-sunset-1-4651106

• Similar Content

• By ARW WeatherMan
      I realised we talk a lot about the weather generally, on here and across the UK but one thing that is rarely mentioned is the UV index so my first question is; Do you guys know whether we have ever recorded a UV index of 9 here in the UK? 
      I see many places as far north as Nottingham will be hitting 8 next week provided there are clear skies and many times I've known the UV to hit 8 in London, most years we get atleast 7-10 days I'd say but surely somewhere on the south coast will have hit 9 on a few accasions.
      I also regularly check www.temis.nl which gives a clear sky UV index forecast which over many years I've come to realise is generally is out by 1UV. They are forecasting 7.5 in London next week which if I'm right would mean 8.5 and surely the south coast could hit 9 by that reasoning? Any thoughts or facts would be interesting to hear. Thankyou 

• By Spawney
      Strange looking orange sun due to the Saharan dust and smoke from the Spanish/Portuguese wildfires blown over by Ophelia.
    • By Xathaos
      A photograph of Durdle Door, using longer exposure to create a serene look on the waves. The sun was pointing right into the bay, making for a beautiful shot.
      Canon EOS 1300D, 27mm, f/16, 15 sec, ISO-100
      Compressed to optimise upload speed.

• By Jack Billy
      Check out the 27 most beautiful beaches in the world according to Forbes.