Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Discussion - June 18th 2012>

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Time for a nice new regional thread, play nicely and stick to the rules please folks .....

post-10773-0-42927700-1340006285_thumb.j

Should you want to look back at the old one you can find it here...

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/73487-south-east-england-east-anglia-regional-discussion-june-7th-2012/page__st__640

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Much brighter and fresher this morning, 15C...Any major storms last night?

Posted

Well on a positive note we start the week with no weather warnings issued for this region and temperatures close to seasonal average at times, but do things look any hotter and dryer on the horizon……

UK Outlook for Monday 2 Jul 2012 to Monday 16 Jul 2012:

Periods of unsettled weather are likely to continue although these will be interspersed with drier and sunnier conditions. Temperatures are expected to start off a little below the seasonal average, but possibly recovering to nearer normal later in the period. Rainfall amounts are generally expected to be close to the seasonal average, but may end up above normal towards southern and eastern parts.

Issued at: 0318 on Mon 18 Jun 2012

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/forecast/?tab=regionalForecast&locId=se

……..not really angel.gif

Posted

Time for a nice new regional thread, play nicely and stick to the rules please folks .....

and if things take a turn for the worse:

post-6667-0-47223700-1340008858_thumb.jp

f015.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Well on a positive note we start the week with no weather warnings issued for this region and temperatures close to seasonal average at times, but do things look any hotter and dryer on the horizon……

UK Outlook for Monday 2 Jul 2012 to Monday 16 Jul 2012:

Periods of unsettled weather are likely to continue although these will be interspersed with drier and sunnier conditions. Temperatures are expected to start off a little below the seasonal average, but possibly recovering to nearer normal later in the period. Rainfall amounts are generally expected to be close to the seasonal average, but may end up above normal towards southern and eastern parts.

Issued at: 0318 on Mon 18 Jun 2012

http://www.metoffice...recast&locId=se

……..not really angel.gif

They wear their hearts on their sleeves don't they? I love the way their long term forecasts generally tend towards very average.

Still, I suppose, in their position, it's difficult for them to do much else.

Posted

*yawn*

Someone wake me up when the Sun comes out rolleyes.gif

Dull as dishwater out there today.

Nice and sunny here...shame I will have spent nearly half my day off at an appointment with my accountant *yawn* and in the animal hospital - I've managed to find time to have a pub lunch in between though angel.gif

Guest archiesmummy

Has been grey and horrible all day here so I decide to do a roast dinner for tonight and now the sun is out and am sweating hot, so because I like you all on here, will be doing stew for the rest of the week and salad Christmas day! :)

Posted

Has been grey and horrible all day here so I decide to do a roast dinner for tonight and now the sun is out and am sweating hot, so because I like you all on here, will be doing stew for the rest of the week and salad Christmas day! smile.png

lucky stew rofl.gif

Posted

PPVE89.png

tuesday looks dry with light winds nice

PPVI89.png

wednesday again dry with light winds

nicesmile.png

PPVK89.png

thursday morning looks dry and warm

thursday pm wet and windysad.png

Rtavn664.png

Rtavn7211.png

Rtavn728.png

thursday afternoon a chance of something stormy looks possible

Posted

Thanks for that John, but why oh why does it go down hill every week the nearer we get to the weekend...I'm feeling BBQ deprivation (and I need to use up my home made jalapeno and coriander burgers that are taking up space in the freezer)

Posted

I went out for a brief drive, to make sure my car started after my holiday. This was a couple of hours ago.

The cool air was very invigorating and pleasant, it has to be said.

Back to blasted work tomorrow! (actually today nowcray.gif )

Posted

Thanks for that John, but why oh why does it go down hill every week the nearer we get to the weekend...I'm feeling BBQ deprivation (and I need to use up my home made jalapeno and coriander burgers that are taking up space in the freezer)

I've difficulty believing the weather is just going to be unsettled now, all through the summer, so barbecues will hopefully be an option.

In my opinion, these unsettled spells may last a while, but eventually run out of puff after a few weeks, in SE England. This run seems to have started at the end of May ( the previous unsettled spell having lasted from early April until mid May with a 10 day or so anticyclonic break following) I'd therefore be surprised if it didn't break by the 10th or so of July. Having said this, the length of the break may not be all that long.Time will tell.

Definitely a warm late September / early October, as happened last year, is scant consolation for a poor summer, due to the much diminished daylight then.

Posted

seems that way at the moment doh.gif

do not take this as gospel but saturdays fax has high pressure

over the south east

brack4.gif

you never know we might sqeeze a dry saturday if it happens like this

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

They say it's something to do with the traffic, the build up of what ever pours from exhausts into the atmosphere builds up through the week and creates an effect with the weather systems and that's why it rains on friday...

really, i read it somewhere!

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

I would imagine it's quite possible we get some thunderstorms early hours Thursday, pulling up warm humid air as a system moves into SW England, we drag in some warm humid air from the Continent and the unstable air, and the storms develop, and that's not the only risk then we have more after that possible through Thursday, but some intense frequent lightning storms possible across our region, this could infact be our first proper thundery period for a long time, if the timing if right then we might just get those long awaited night storms, these are usually pushed away east, but i see a chance that things holding back west allowing the the imports to move in, also some developing inland to!

Confidence level-moderate risk

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

They say it's something to do with the traffic, the build up of what ever pours from exhausts into the atmosphere builds up through the week and creates an effect with the weather systems and that's why it rains on friday...

really, i read it somewhere!

It might have been here, back in 1998…

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/sci/tech/146120.stm

I heard the government are controlling the weather so it isn’t raining when the Olympics are on... but I can’t remember who told me that angel.gif

Posted

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

It might have been here, back in 1998…

http://news.bbc.co.u...tech/146120.stm

I heard the government are controlling the weather so it isn’t raining when the Olympics are on... but I can’t remember who told me that angel.gif

That is interesting although old, had heard that sunday being wettest day of week was proven,

Posted

I would imagine it's quite possible we get some thunderstorms early hours Thursday, pulling up warm humid air as a system moves into SW England, we drag in some warm humid air from the Continent and the unstable air, and the storms develop, and that's not the only risk then we have more after that possible through Thursday, but some intense frequent lightning storms possible across our region, this could infact be our first proper thundery period for a long time, if the timing if right then we might just get those long awaited night storms, these are usually pushed away east, but i see a chance that things holding back west allowing the the imports to move in, also some developing inland to!

Confidence level-moderate risk

I was thinking something similar when I saw the forecast this morning. The synoptics look favourable.

Having said that, I'm just back from Barbados and although had one very intense downpour of rain there, it was without thunder. I was hoping for a decent tropical thunderstorm or two / three etc. Maybe I've a bad sign over me.unsure.png

The only time I heard thunder was during the ads on the ESPN Sports channel out there, while watching the England footie games. Numerous times I heard "HEAT!, THUNDER!" - a tiresome ad about an important basketball game apparently.

Edited by Speed67

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Mornin all. Sunny and warm here in Norwich at the moment. 19o right now. Yesterday it was 71% chance of T storms here on Thursday but now down to 51%. Grrrrr! Why does it change like that? Is it the unstable nature of cells, or can't the met men make their minds up? :D

Posted

Mornin all. Sunny and warm here in Norwich at the moment. 19o right now. Yesterday it was 71% chance of T storms here on Thursday but now down to 51%. Grrrrr! Why does it change like that? Is it the unstable nature of cells, or can't the met men make their minds up? biggrin.png

Yes, GFS is showing the storm risk as being highest for you on Thursday afternoon now. I'd have thought it would be more likely before this time though, with any storms ahead of the main frontal activity. Time will tell...

Posted

Just thought I'd post this link from an amateur site in Colchester - it has nothing to do with me personally.

http://www.tijou.co.uk/weather/year2012.html

The average numbers might be dubious (Feb, March and April rainfall being the same, for instance, and all rounded to the nearest whole number etc.) but they look about right overall and provided there's nothing too untoward in the way the person collects data, it shows Colchester as having way above average rainfall for the first six months of this year. The slightly surprising figure is March, which although very dry overall in the SE, shows as average on the chart. This was down to two wet weekends we had in the Colchester area then, as I can verify.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Not bad at all here, Mostly sunny and 21C...