Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

V6 Radar Problem

I have a Samsung Galaxy Ace mobile phone

I find that I cannot access v6 radar on it - all I get is a white square loaded with the clock in the top right hand side and the menu loaded on the right

Only on very few occassions can I access v6 radar on my mobile when I am on the move outside

Does anyone else have this problem - if so is there a solution to it

PS- v4 works fine on my mobile - but i have problems with v6

Posted

Sriram, as per your support ticket (which is still open and awaiting your response), many people use the radar page on their android phones and very rarely have any problems with it been reported. The problem may be something locally on your phone relating to connectivity or your particular flavour of android (there are many of these).

Have you tried downloading another browser and testing with that, chrome beta works very well as does opera.

Hello Paul

In reference to ticket number #1613 - unable to view v6 radar

I have downloaded browser dolphin on my mobile - but still cannot view radar v6

please find attached file netweather.jpg

This is what i get on my mobile phone when I try and view v6 on my mobile phone

Hope this helps

Thanks Sriram

post-17217-0-99284100-1339846231_thumb.j

Posted

As I mentioned above, and in the ticket - I've seen the radar in action on a range of android devices from v1.6 up to v4, and have never seen the issue you describe so it's very difficult to point to what it is likely to be. Maybe an app on your phone is interfering with it in some way, maybe it's just a bug in your particular build of android, maybe it's a connectivity thing which is blocking the map / radar from loading, but since we can't recreate the problem and you're the only person to report it so far unfortunately there's little more I can do other than to suggest you use one of the browsers I mentioned to test those, and perhaps try disabling any browser/net connection related apps you have running to see if that makes a difference.

Thanks for all your help

This really is a difficult one to explain

When i tried on dolphin earlier - v6 did not work at all outside. Removed it and installed dolphin hd - i think this is different to the dolphin browser i had earlier - gone outside into the garden - and works fine - in any case my phone has no problems at all accessing v6 on wi-fi broadband at home

So it sort of works on my phone - in any case i would be grateful if you can confirm that you will be keeping the link for v4 - so if i have problems on v6 i can use v4 on my premium subscription

Thanks again for your help

Sriram

Good to know v4 is staying - a possible improvement on v6 would be to move the menu from the right hand side to the top like it is on V4 - it is very difficult navigating with menu on the right handside on mobile using the browser - as you have to zoom in and move and reposition - I think it might be easier navivigating if the menu was at the top - hope this helps

Sriram

Posted

Hi Andy, not seeing any problems at all this end and (as yet) no other reports of issues. Have you tried clearing your browser cache / restarting the browser?

Posted

Does seem odd, maybe one of our webservers had a moment and the page load wasn't completing properly which may have messed things up a tad. Glad it was only shortlived though.

Hello Paul

Good to know that v6 radar does work on my samsung galaxy ace mobile phone on dolphin browser

Sometimes needs to reload the radar page a few times which eats a bit of data usage - but the important thing is that the radar does work

The only thing to add really is that navigating to the menu on the RHS is a bit difficult on a mobile phone, and the map is a bit fuzzy when you try and zoom into your location for precipitation

If the menu could be relocated or made a bit simpler, with a better resolution when zooming in - that would be great