Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bristle boy

Redknapp Gone?

Increasing rumour just in that redknapp's left spurs! Moyes favourite to replace him.

Oh dear! I'm sorry to see him go, but I guess it's better now than three games' into the new season?

Is it still only rumours?

Well last night he denied speculation that he has resigned as Tottenham boss, describing the rumours as "scandalous". So I imagine it's true.

Well Martinez was holding off taking the Villa job on the off chance he would get the Spurs job. and he was never offered the Liverpool job.

http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/16246686

One-time favourite for the England manager's job Harry Redknapp is set to leave Tottenham, according to Sky News sources.

It apparently follows an impasse over the 65-year-old's contract with the Premier League outfit.

Redknapp and Spurs chairman Daniel Levy have reportedly failed to reach an agreement over an extension to his current deal, which is due to expire next summer.

It has been claimed Levy is only willing to offer Redknapp a rolling 12-month contract whereas the former Portsmouth manager wants a longer deal that will last him until retirement.

Redknapp achieved Levy's goal of reaching the top four last season but Spurs missed out on Champions League qualification after London rivals Chelsea won the competition last month in Germany.

More follows...

No-one can be sure until Dave Whelan has made an utterance on the subject.

Unless he comments, nothing has happened.

5 live just announced that he has left Tottenham.

Bad decision in footballing terms - levy's done well in terms of getting spurs back on stable financial footing but to allow breakdown of working relationship with redknapp - poor!

Oh well, let's all prepare for the David Moyes era!

Oh well, let's all prepare for the David Moyes era!

Im hoping that he decides against the job.....we will be back to a mid-table team again?

Im totally shocked about his departure and there must be some stuff in the background that us Spurs fans dont know about, cause we were just about to get things going then...bye bye thanks!!

I really am confused what the Spurs Board are doing.....who decided on selling Krancjar ??? Although Im not sad to see him go selling players and then losing a Manager doesnt look good.

I think Harry has probably talked himself out of both the England and Tottenham jobs. I kept wishing he would shut up about England as every time the hype died down he'd bring it back up again.

I also think his comments about the manager only having a 1 year contract not working for the players because of the uncertainty were madness bearing in mind the way he courted the england job and claimed all the speculation (much of which was based on the things he was saying) wasn't having an effect on the players at all.

I also think his comments about the manager only having a 1 year contract not working for the players because of the uncertainty were madness bearing in mind the way he courted the england job and claimed all the speculation (much of which was based on the things he was saying) wasn't having an effect on the players at all.

I think there is some sense in that as Spurs only collected six points from nine league games between Feb. 25th and April 21st. On the other hand to blame him for not getting a Champions League spot is a tad disingenuous as in any other year they would have qualified.

Sounds very similar to the way he left West Ham 10 years or so ago...i think it is good bye to any prospect of champions league football for a long while at Spurs!

Apparently Redknapp is getting £3m in compensation, which after tax leaves him with £3m.

Apparently Redknapp is getting £3m in compensation, which after tax leaves him with £3m.

That's because its cash in hand

That's because its cash in hand

I thought it was because his dog had it ???

That's because people are already rich don't pay any taxes...