Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Winter's Tale

Rangers To Be Liquidated?

HMRC have rejected Rangers' CVA proposal as Propsective owner will try to form a "newco". Now, the SPL member clubs will vote as to whether the newco should be able to play in the SPL.

Not good news for the club and it would have a massive impact on the football in the country. By no means, it isn't the end of a Scottish Football but it may never be the same again. I believe that a newco would not be the continuation of a history that included a European trophy but I think the only good thing coming out of it would be the fact that the history of many, many years with catholics being banned from playing for Rangers would end. It has been a wrongly been used as a symbol of bigotry and in some ways, it has influenced the decline of Scottish football since the late 1980s.

What i don't get is.. If there joined English there would have to start from bottom... Yet there going to be starting from bottom in Scottish... So now could be there time to make the move.

Why would they join the English league..and why would the FA allow them to join even as a new club..what would be the benefit to English football?..big fat zero from what i can see.

Rangers adopted the ecconomics of the madhouse and are now reaping the benefit. Any other team would have been thrown out long ago and if a new club wants to rejoin, let 'em come up the hard way like Inverness Cali had to.

Scotish footbal HAS to be bigger than the Old Firm and if it can't be then it should go by the wayside.

As for the English Leagues, they didn't want either of the Old Firm teams (or the trouble and bigotry) years ago and the situation hasn't changed.

Starting from the bottom in the Scottish league wouldn't be too bad. Look how Gretna romped to top division before the chairman became ill and couldn't back them any more. Rangers could try and break a few of Gretna's records.

I don't think Rangers are the only British club who had been messing around with money. We know that Portsmouth's future is looking bleak, Birmingham City isn't all that optimistic either and I believe quite a few Premier League clubs could be feeling a bit nervous. The thing with Rangers being hit first signals a warning for other clubs.

To be honest, the way this debacle has unfolded has been incredible. I believe that the fans and people associated with the club have no reason to blame the SFA when it's only themselves who have created their demise. They've been correctly punished.

I can understand the need for Rangers to be punished for all of this but if they get relegated? What going to happen to the SPL in General? Most of the sponsors and what not are there because of the prospect of old firm games and take that out the equation by relegating us? What happens then? They won't want to pour their money into the game up here with no prospect of old firm games for at least 4 seasons.

I can understand the need for Rangers to be punished for all of this but if they get relegated? What going to happen to the SPL in General? Most of the sponsors and what not are there because of the prospect of old firm games and take that out the equation by relegating us? What happens then? They won't want to pour their money into the game up here with no prospect of old firm games for at least 4 seasons.

I just think that Rangers should be treated in exactly the same way as would any other club...

I just think that Rangers should be treated in exactly the same way as would any other club...

I do agree. We do deserve to be punished but as far as relegating us? Don't see what that is going to achieve (Game up here is bad enough as it is)

I do agree. We do deserve to be punished but as far as relegating us? Don't see what that is going to achieve (Game up here is bad enough as it is)

True enough, I think. It's hardly the players' and supporters' fault...It's the owners who deserve to feel the wrath of the law, IMO. But, of course, they never do!

If it was anyone other than the old firm they would have been kicked out long ago. One rule for one etc.

If it was anyone other than the old firm they would have been kicked out long ago. One rule for one etc.

I think my lot were the beneficiaries of similar favouritism, a few years' back. Swindon got relegated, we even got our points-deduction rescinded...

Taken another twist now with the news that Walter Smith wants to buy the club with a consortium! Beginning to get a bit lost and confused with it all now to be honest

Possibly but you also have to consider the revenue the smaller clubs get by having Rangers in the league.

I think Charles Green's consortium has announced that they've bought Rangers. And the newco will be named as "the Rangers Football Club". They'll await the verdict from the Football Authorities at to whether they should stay in the SPL. Despite essentially being a newco, I still feel that the fans will continue to support Rangers so it should remain alongside Celtic as Scottish Football's big names i.e Real Mardid and Barca are Spain's big names.

First and foremost, Rangers should be punished in the same way as any other club in this situation would get punished. If Rangers were to drop down to Div.3, in my opinion it wouldn't be a bad thing. The support and resources the club has got should mean that it would get it's way back up to the top, it would still be a big name club in Scotland and may come out really strong if the club invests in a succesful youth-system. The SPL wouldn't die without Rangers, the league really shouldn't evolve around two clubs from one city. Without the Old Firm, the competition that is the SPL and football in the country wouldn't end and without Celtic and Rangers are league wouldn't even be as low profile as the Irish League. And I think we've got into this situation of poor quality of football and poor finances because clubs have relied too much on the Old Firm. This could give the Scottish clubs a bit of a reality check and perhaps in the clubs having to work harder, we could see the quality and management of football in the country improve.

If Rangers get wound up and another company is formed they should start from the bottom. If they get taken over but fail to come out of admin before the new season they get a points deduction but stay in the same league.

Fixtures to be announced tomorrow and Rangers are going to be replaced with "Club 12"

Kilmarnock 1-4 Club 12? No, it doesn't sound the same...

Kilmarnock 1-4 Club 12? No, it doesn't sound the same...

And funny when you said that? that who kilmarnock will play their first game against LOL!

And funny when you said that? that who kilmarnock will play their first game against LOL!

rofl.gif

Rangers trying to bully there way in the Scottish League one. Why not the bottom league scottish div 3?

Rangers trying to bully there way in the Scottish League one. Why not the bottom league scottish div 3?

Perhaps there's pressure with the Sky Deal. If Rangers can get promoted then the Old Firm match will survive and Scotland will still get tv money from sky. Scottish football only has £80m really and compare that to £50b in Premier League. I think with footballing integrity Rangers should be Div 3, Scottish football can survive and even thrive without Rangers but I think it would be best to get Rangers to re-group and try and get back into the SPL as a fitter outfit.

Well it's been confirmed they're out of the Premier league being overwhelmingly rejected. Question is can press there way into Division one. Hopefully not and they'll have start in division three.

Well it's been confirmed they're out of the Premier league being overwhelmingly rejected. Question is can press there way into Division one. Hopefully not and they'll have start in division three.

why even div 3?..if i started a new club in Scotland would i be allowed into div3?..of course not

One of my pub mates supports Celtic. I asked him whether the loss of Old Firm matches would be a big negative for him.

Needless to say, he was happy that the derby would stop. He called Rangers a load of effing cheats who should have to start from scratch, as CM has indicated too (without the swearingbiggrin.png ).