Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Chase Day 31 Reports, Pictures And Goodbyes! - Kansas

Arron

Posted

Started the day in Chadron, NE and had to make the long drive back towards Dallas Fort Worth ready for flights back on Monday. The slight risk extended from MN down to Central Kansas with a cold front being the main focus point. Our target was to get to Norman, OK, some 800 odd miles away and on the way down the I135 I noticed some tops going up just south of McPherson, KS. There seemed to be some kind of outflow boundary and storms initiated as small cells but fairly quickly merged in to one LP supercell just east of Hutchinson moving ESE along another boundary that was interacting with the first one! As we turned west at Newton we got a great view of a wall cloud and visible rotation but alas she just cound not do it. Followed it down to a few miles west of Wichita where we set up the cameras and managed to get a fair few snaps of some anvil zits and crawlers :D

Had food in Wichita and a few beers and now on the road to Norman. Will hopefully get some pics up either tonight or in the morning.

I'd like to say a big thanks to Paul, John, Tom and Nick and of course all the guests for making these two trips an amazing experience again and hopefully look forward to doing it all again next year! :D

Tom says bye for now and has said to watch this space for Chicken George Probe MK1 :D Also he passes big thanks on to all the team and all the guests for making it another storming chase season for him :D

Bye for now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Another great and well organised tour of duty that no other tour group could beat for entertainment and value for money. Thanks to all the other guests on tour 3 that made it fun all the way and a big thanks to Paul, Arron, John, Tom & Chicken George for all the work, late nights and effort put in to make the tours thoroughly enjoyable

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

amazing!!! is all i can say! thanks guys for making this special, we will be returning!

Posted

Thanks to all involved for another memorable tour, not sure when my 5th will be yet but there will be one !! So much for a once in a life time trip eh !

good.gifdrinks.gif

Craig

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Home now and looking forward to reliving the tours by watching all the videos taken.

I want to thank all the guests from both tours for making the stay out there so enjoyable. Thanks also to the other members of the team Paul, Arron. Nick and John, It was a pleasure working with you all.

Last day was a flipping long drive but were blessed with a tornadic LP supercell to play with

Arron played the storm well

Tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

Great having Nick along to assist with the daily briefing but I am worried that he has taken an attraction to George.

Tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

Fantastic second tour for me, so many memories to take home from this trip. Thanks to Paul, Arron, Tom and Nick and all the guests - and of course Mother Nature :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Storms Winter - Blizzards

Tour 4 team shot!

post-1325-0-33637800-1339583441_thumb.jp