Holidays
Local
Radar
Pollen

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shotski

Reasons To Be Cheerfull

Why I think England are on the right track going into Brazil 2014, take a look at this lot

and I think the future looks bright indeed. Add to this we are becoming a major force

now at international youth football and now regularly beat Spain at this level.

Hart (man city)

Butland (birmingham)

Walker (spurs)

Gibbs (arsenal)

Smalling (man utd)

Jones (man utd)

Rodwell (everton)

Kelly (liverpool)

Cleverly (man utd)

Richards (man city)

Johnson (man city)

Chamberlin (arsenal)

Wellbeck (man utd)

Sturridge (Chelseas)

Henderson (Liverpool)

Wiltshire (Arsenal)

Rose (spurs)

Wickham (sunderland)

McEachram (chelsea)

Sterling (liverpool)

Please add any you think I've missed, the Chelsea fullback in Champions league final ? can't think

of his name ?

Shotski

Why I think England are on the right track going into Brazil 2014, take a look at this lot

and I think the future looks bright indeed. Add to this we are becoming a major force

now at international youth football and now regularly beat Spain at this level.

Hart (man city)

Butland (birmingham)

Walker (spurs)

Gibbs (arsenal)

Smalling (man utd)

Jones (man utd)

Rodwell (everton)

Kelly (liverpool)

Cleverly (man utd)

Richards (man city)

Johnson (man city)

Chamberlin (arsenal)

Wellbeck (man utd)

Sturridge (Chelseas)

Henderson (Liverpool)

Wiltshire (Arsenal)

Rose (spurs)

Wickham (sunderland)

McEachram (chelsea)

Sterling (liverpool)

Please add any you think I've missed, the Chelsea fullback in Champions league final ? can't think

of his name ?

Shotski

Unfortuantly, the way the English League and Club set-up is, I doubt that some of England's finest young talent will reach their full potential. I think the Premier League may have to make a few sacrifices for England to become a major force. I really doubt that England will win the World Cup in 2014 as there as so many other tricky teams for England to beat and other emerging nations.

It's the same with Scotland, we've got some real potential, we reached the final of Under-19 European Championships a few years ago and now we've got a very good under 21 side that recent won and drew against the Netherlands - and we all know how good the dutch youth system is.

In the past 10 years, we've seen some very talent young Scottish players but they don't reach their potential by the way the Scottish clubs are run and when they go to the Old Firm or England at the wrong time. I hope that the current crop of young Scotland players can go further and be able to get Scotland back into major international tournaments again. With Mark Wotte our footballing director, new regional schools and perhaps a future without Rangers, I feel that Scotland will move in the right direction in terms of how football is organised and played on and off the pitch.

I have to say that I feel that England could still win the Euros. You've gone from the ridiculous over confident attitude of the past to patheticly pessimistic attitude with this tournemant. You've got a very decent squad in comparison to some of the other teams, you are in a tournament of 16 teams and other teams with more limited squads play with a confidence to get the job done. So the attitude has gone from one extreme to another, what about the attitude inbetween, set out to do your best, make the most of the resources and get the job done.

With Spain looking a bit "funny" this year, a Netherlands side set to knocked out (potentially Porugal too) aswell as the rest of the teams being similar to England, I can see your lot having a real chance of winning.

I respect and admire England's football squad, manager and some of the fans but I'll be supporting France tomorrow. I really don't know how that game will go though.