Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Chase Day 30 June 9th - Nd/sd/ne

Arron

Posted

Okay we're off, models have not panned out for today further north, probably for the best to be honest as we need to start heading back towards Dallas. Initially heading to south central south dakota somewhere on the I90 and will then take a check on data etc smile.png

Extreme flooding back home in my town, typical! biggrin.png

Edited by Arron

Posted

Okay we're off, models have not panned out for today further north, probably for the best to be honest as we need to start heading back towards Dallas. Initially heading to south central south dakota somewhere on the I90 and will then take a check on data etc smile.png

Extreme flooding back home in my town, typical! biggrin.png

Arron, check the DE for the next few weeks, they are talking lotsof rain to comecray.gif .

I'm glad I'm off to the US for 2 weeksgood.gif

The current SLGT has gone further east of you now

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Well today is over, these stupid blooming cars :( One of them has locked all the doors with the car running, apparently a comment fault on these piece of rubish cars :( FUMING wallbash.gif Been waiting almost 2 hours for someone to come out and sort it only for them to say after 2 hours there's not enough location info to find us, we're sat inbetween the north dakota and south dakota sign lol! Can't be that hard to find :(

Waiting on the local locksmith now and if that fails................

Posted

What about a mobile windscreen replacement service? Get them to pop the old screen out so that you can get the key and then refit it - just a thought.

Posted

Right sorted, off to get the others and see what we can get out of today other than a suntan :(

Posted

Heading towards Rapid City now for some food, hopefully get some lightening off the back of these small storms :) Just driven through Sturgis, stunning town

Posted

As mentioned on the live chat, today (June 9th) is the anniversary of a severe flood in the Rapid City SD region, details from Wikipedia:

The Black Hills Flood of 1972, in the Black Hills of Western South Dakota, occurred on June 9, 1972. The extreme rainfall of around 15 inches (380 mm) of rain in 6 hours sent Rapid Creek and other creeks overflowing and flooded many residential and commercial properties around the Black Hills. During the night of June 9, the Canyon Lake Dam became clogged with debris and failed, resulting in 238 deaths and 3,057 injuries. Several bodies were never found.[1] There were over 1,335 homes and 5,000 automobiles destroyed. The value of the damaged property was over US$160 million in 1972 dollars.

The NWS account shows a map with a stalled front through the Black Hills, oriented NW-SE, uplift of cool moist air with Gulf moisture overhead, led to 10-15 inch rainfalls south of Sturgis, with the results described above.

Tonight's storms don't appear to have any such potential, and nowadays there would likely be better warnings and surveillance.

I believe this was the worst flash flood disaster in the U.S. since the 1889 Johnstown PA flood (end of May).