Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Chase Day 29 8 June Reports And Pictures

Tom Lynch

Posted

Just a guess, they might be training a pack horse for the tourist trade at the nearby National Park (or maybe it's a National Monument) that's named after Theodore Roosevelt, I don't think it has a huge flow of visitors but they may be doing the trail riding theme there. Otherwise, this guy is what was originally known as a "dude" before that word became just a stock phrase for any male person (over here, the word is used mainly as an expressive, like the way you say dude indicates how you view a guy's actions, you can say it respectfully, or sarcastically, or just as a warning -- "dude, she's not interested" -- or as a question -- dude? (why are you filming me on my horse?) ... :)

Oh and it's pronounced dood by westerners and dewd by easterners, this is one of the few words that are said differently from east to west over here.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

The guy was heading out to round up some cattle and used the gas station as a short cut. I waved and he doffed his hat to acknowledge me no problem with being filmed

tom