Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Does Anyone Have One Of These?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms,heavy rain,hot summer days,snowy winters.

http://www.paramountzone.com/forecaster.htm

I recieved it today but i cant get the outside temperature to display so i was looking for some help with it

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Is there a battery inside the outdoor sensor thingie? I had to buy one for mine...Not the same make btw.

Posted

Yep i brought fresh batterys for it.The outside sensor flashed at first but stopped.It doesnt say if its supposed to keep flashing or not.I took the batterys out and replaced them incase they were faulty and the sensor hasnt flashed at all since.I wonder if its dodgy...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

If it's like the contraption I had, I think it should flash, but I'm not sure; maybe it is dodgy...Is the emitter facing towards the receiver?

Posted

Have got them both in the same room.Looks like the sensor isnt being picked up at all sad.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Make sure both the outdoor sensor and indoor unit are on the same channel, otherwise it won't pick up the readings.

Also, it'll only flash when it transmits a temperature reading.

Posted

I cant find anything on the outside sensor to say if its on the same channel? It displays 1-3 on the indoor unit.I press search for it to connect to the outside unit,it seems as if its searching for a couple of minutes then the indicator dissapears.The instructions i got with it are really vague :(

Posted

You could try the old favourite advice reset everything to out of the box either by leaving batteries out or perhaps there's a reset button you push a paperclip end in.

It does sound like you may need to scan each channel.

That will be in case there is a similar unit nearby - you could use a different channel.

Most places are quite good at taking things back if you really can't sort it so being sensible don't resort to intrusive tactic like forcing it open (even though I would! fool.gif )

I would expect it to continually flash the LED on the sender every time it sends data.

With a similar unit I had previously you could see the (scanning) console find the sensor immediately after it flashed the LED

Posted

Tried a reset on the unit.Replaced the batterys in the outside sensor again and still nothing.Strange as when i first took it out the box and put batterys in the sensor it did flash.Nothing since from it so i guess its faulty wich is why the unit isnt unit showing the outside temperatures :(