Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

UK Convective General Discussion & Forecasts - June 6th 2012>

Coast

Posted

Please discuss the current, or possible foreseeable future convective weather here!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Radar looks nice east of here.

Looking unlikely for anything other than maybe some rain.

Still early but time is running out :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Humid with plenty of showers around. No thunder as yet...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Copious rainfall now and a gusty wind - streets are flooded already but strangely no thunder now the rain has arrived. The cell also conveniently veered directly eastwards before reaching Bristol itself lol.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Supercells

Hey all.

Looks pretty potent! I take it this is a line directly on the trough moving in - withthe Jet where it is, this might hold together

By the way - COMPLETELY off topic, but does anyone remember a weekend in the late 80's when a low pressure moved up from the south and the BBC reported Taunton having the worst thunderstorm for 10 years I think on the saturday night ? might have been very early 90's -

Cheers, Sam

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Thunder now moved off towards Bridlington. Will there me any more today? Still looks very good way to the SW and there is plenty of sunshine about so I am failry confident.

A real humdunger would be nice: haven't seen one for a few years now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Copious rainfall now and a gusty wind - streets are flooded already but strangely no thunder now the rain has arrived. The cell also conveniently veered directly eastwards before reaching Bristol itself lol.

Seriously the Bristol area loves deflecting showers on setups like this. They either veer off or just fade out! Really do need either stalling fronts moving in against humid, moist air or a plume event to get a better chance of seeing storms here...Shame to see nothing behind the line of showers passing here on radar either. Looks like the main potential has now past us with the trough moving through. Good luck to the rest of you further E/NE.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

Well it's sunny, and? That better not be it.

Posted

We're still stuck under big rain band here (been raining on and off all day) but I tell you what it ain't half humid out there today! Just wonder if that might help aid anything later if the rain clears..................

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe gales, thunderstorms, snow

We're still stuck under big rain band here (been raining on and off all day) but I tell you what it ain't half humid out there today! Just wonder if that might help aid anything later if the rain clears..................

Yep it certainly is humid here as well, the rain now starting to clear away and the sun is coming out here.

Looking at the radar there are some impressive heavy showers across NI at the moment, I wonder if they will make there way over here later?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Well that was fun. 6mm of rain in the guage and a drop of 3.5C - not bad. Sun coming out again now.

Seriously the Bristol area loves deflecting showers on setups like this. They either veer off or just fade out! Really do need either stalling fronts moving in against humid, moist air or a plume event to get a better chance of seeing storms here...Shame to see nothing behind the line of showers passing here on radar either. Looks like the main potential has now past us with the trough moving through. Good luck to the rest of you further E/NE.

You really couldn't make it up haha. When I moved out of home I want to live in Bristol itself, closer to the social life and work etc. but from a weather point of view, I would be better staying put haha. I noticed this deflection in April when the northwesterlies threw out showers in lines to the NE and SW of Bristol but never over the actual city. People didn't believe me when I was reporting thunder and hail on the 12th and 19th because Bristol may as well have been in a different climatic biome.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

Big convecting mass Staffordshire way

looks interesting behind Barr Beacon

Edited by Arnie Pie

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Big convecting mass Staffordshire way

Sadly we look to be in quite a dry slot today. Not much at all from where winds would be giving us our showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Don't see where any thunder or lightning is going to come from here today...just a disorganised mess of moderate showers here atm.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

Just had a very heavy shower.

4 or 5 cracks of thunder. Did see one flash.

Good job.

Thats me done for this year then lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

Don't see where any thunder or lightning is going to come from here today...just a disorganised mess of moderate showers here atm.

Not expecting anything here either. Clouding over now, looks like generally moderate showers and that's it. I suspect it will be E Yorkshire as per usual copping the lot.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Thunder heard in Nottingham, finally! Loudest thunder I've heard since lasy years USA stormchase.

Still wasn't very loud though, and I can't see any lightning. I think the core of the storm is out of view to my north.

Posted

Finally a thunderstorm! A few rumbles of thunder but only 1 flash of lightning, still half decent! Rain was worst, very heavy for about 5mins.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Well the wait goes on here for a storm. Had a couple of heavyish showers but that's it. The energy is now transferring eastwards with some heavier returns now around (yes you guessed it) the east Midlands.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus

thunder in Brum