Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Zenarcher

Strange Contrail

A plane flew over here not so long ago and noticed its contrail seemed strange any explanations?

Front

Back

The 'back' view looks like a normal contrail and the 'front' like a shadow...Other than that, not a clue, WM...

The 'back' view looks like a normal contrail and the 'front' like a shadow...Other than that, not a clue, WM...

The back view after a few minutes started to look the same as the front view. I'm thinking maybe its just a trick of light or something.

The back view after a few minutes started to look the same as the front view. I'm thinking maybe its just a trick of light or something.

Could it be a shadow cast on something that we cannot see? I've seen several things that I cannot, for the life of me, explain...

Could it be a shadow cast on something that we cannot see? I've seen several things that I cannot, for the life of me, explain...

Searched around and came across this site http://contrailscience.com/contrails-dark-lines-chemtrails/

Under Edge Shadow (Volumetric Shadow)

The above image is an excellent demonstrating of the fleeting nature of these edge shadows. Two photos taken just a few minutes apart, int the first the camera is more fully in line with the plane of the contrail. In the second the contrail (or the photographer) has moved, and we are viewing the edge shadows from a slight angle which reveals they are made up of two or three segments, caused either by the plane turning slightly, or variations in upper level winds bending the contrail.

Only thing I can find to explain it.

Good article, WM. Thanks for sharing.good.gif