Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

knocker

The Derby

A very odd Derby this year with the smallest field (nine) since 1907, so no hard luck stories. Camelot looks a shoo in but houses have been lost on these before. Still if I was going to have a bet, which I'm not, I would probably dabble a little on Main Sequence as I've always liked Lingfield as a Derby trial as the courses have some similarity.

Bonfire's a nice type of horse, just a slight doubt about his stamina, which can't be levelled at Thought Worthy who is improving well and should definitely be staying on at the finish.

Bonfire all the way! Though the St Nicholas Abby's win just now I'm worried about Camalot.

Yes that was very impressive. Nearly as impressive as Clare's hat which no doubt will disappear if Bonfire wins.

Yes that was very impressive. Nearly as impressive as Clare's hat which no doubt will disappear if Bonfire wins.

Lol I think Clare would be bouncing around the enclosure if Bonfire wins it

Well Camalot got it, next Frankel maybe?

I don't really think that's a comparison as I can see no reason why he shouldn't win the Triple Crown barring accidents. Very impressive as he didn't appear to cope with the hill very well.

Camalot v Frankel in the judmonte on good ground Frankel murders him ,sick of o ballyesdoyle monopoly of group 1 .

I thought Frankel was out of this world today.

I've never seen a miler like him, Wollow, Bolkonski, Kris, even the Brigadier wouldn't get near him.

When Queally lets him go he lengthens and lengthens and lengthens, destroying the field while hardly breaking sweat.

I heard that Timeform are going to rate him 2lb (about a length) better than Sea Bird!

Besides his ability he's an absolutely gorgeous looking horse with that white star and socks and a lovely honest eye.