Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Tour 5 - Model Watch

Paul

Posted

Info packs are going out this weekend, so now's a good time to take a look at how T5 is looking model wise...

We're obviously a way off right now, but start of the tour not looking too bad - the chasing will be some way north but that's why we're starting in Denver!

post-2-0-27801800-1338570583_thumb.png

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoors

We were getting twitchy Quentin, but it looks like there are some signs of life for us now - there looks to be a huge trough coming through later next week which is a very good sign for an active tour.

Posted

I thought I'd leave it open before commenting as it was beginning to look high pressure dominated, across the USA central & midwestern area.

Which of course would be in keeping with my ability to squash the storms completelyaggressive.gif

It does begin to look as though some other member powers might be winding up to overpower mine.

QUick look around appears to suggest a cooling trend even down into the 60's in Denver next week after a high in the mid 90's this weekend, with some recovery later.

Wolly jumpers pt 2, Mt Evans here we come

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stormy...

I thought I'd leave it open before commenting as it was beginning to look high pressure dominated, across the USA central & midwestern area.

Which of course would be in keeping with my ability to squash the storms completelyaggressive.gif

It does begin to look as though some other member powers might be winding up to overpower mine.

QUick look around appears to suggest a cooling trend even down into the 60's in Denver next week after a high in the mid 90's this weekend, with some recovery later.

Wolly jumpers pt 2, Mt Evans here we come

Paul's smiling about the chances of T5 so is a good sign...If not we've found a fantastic bar & grill to drown our sorrows in!

We were getting twitchy Quentin, but it looks like there are some signs of life for us now - there looks to be a huge trough coming through later next week which is a very good sign for an active tour.

Hi Ian ...weather geek speak ? Did you come to this by yourself or did you have some help?

Edited by duckeyh

Posted

Looking at the latest update the high appears to be pushed further east (nice) and the Jet only appears to flatten right at the end of the tour.

Nice......things are looking up.

Now question for Paul S. How many cigarette outlets are in the motta.

I have to ensure Max can plug her in Kindle in and recharge, in between knitting spellshelp.gif

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Am at the airport now just about to get on board heading to Dow then plane to Amarillo were I shall meet up with Paul S and Claire.

So see you guys out there

Posted

Reading latest SPC raises an eyelid for this week

"SETUP COULD YIELD MULTIPLE EPISODES OF AT LEAST LOW-END SEVERE POTENTIAL CENTERED OVER THE NRN PLAINS"

good.gif

Posted

"SETUP COULD YIELD MULTIPLE EPISODES OF AT LEAST LOW-END SEVERE POTENTIAL CENTERED OVER THE NRN PLAINS"

good.gif

Thanks Owen...Paul S was hiding this news from me !

Posted

good.gif

Yep and that generated the raised eyebrowclapping.gif

Posted

No weather geekery here, Paul S mentioned it on fb chat before I headed off for a wedding at the weekend. The combined powers of myself and Quentin are usually enough to see off hurricanes from 20 metres away, so things must be looking up.

Posted

Any other folks flying out early on the direct BA flight on Tuesday?

I am, the 4pm ish flight? I cashed in some avia miles and managed to blag an economy plus seat, which will help with getting the kit home without excess baggage charges. pm me your mobile number, we can test the airside bars... you have mine in the welcome pack Trevor

Posted

I might have miscalculated my trip to Denver a tad, so with a full 24 hours spare me, Claire and Big Dog will probably be chasing the expected Moderate Risk tomorrow (No knives to be thrown at us please)

Next week looks pretty damn good, as Mike Hollingshead put it on Fb, could be 7 straight days of active weather.

Paul S

Posted

It now looks fairly certain that a trough will establish itself in the Rockies by this weekend giving SW flow over most of the Plains for at least week!

Edit - I see that both Paul and I are now on 66 tornadoes each :)

Edited by Stuart Robinson

Posted

He can be soo cruel at timesdiablo.gif

Not to worry, I punished him with my singing in the car on the trip upto Amarillo from DFW....mwahahaha

Posted

I might have miscalculated my trip to Denver a tad, so with a full 24 hours spare me, Claire and Big Dog will probably be chasing the expected Moderate Risk tomorrow (No knives to be thrown at us please)

Next week looks pretty damn good, as Mike Hollingshead put it on Fb, could be 7 straight days of active weather.

Paul S

Enjoy, after that mammoth drive a little lite chasing wont go amissrofl.gif

Posted

Not to worry, I punished him with my singing in the car on the trip upto Amarillo from DFW....mwahahaha

Note to Paul S. Walmart, duct tape, armed & readyspiteful.gif

Posted

It now looks fairly certain that a trough will establish itself in the Rockies by this weekend giving SW flow over most of the Plains for at least week!

Edit - I see that both Paul and I are now on 66 tornadoes each smile.png

Stuart

IF this week comes off, he could well end the season aheadclapping.gif