Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

What's On The Thermometer And What You Actually Feel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Maybe SS, For those that like snow, i was thinking that if we do get a body temperature rise during a freezing day because there is a snow event taking place then this could mean that we feel colder during boring cold weather and that can make people moody? this effect in reverse-feeling cooler, might not apply to summer heat, when there is thunderstorms on a hot humid day rumbling away i feel hotter.

So it's a warming effect caused by excitment from the weather?

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted

If im out and about and wide awake I can comfortably tolerate any low temperatures this country has to offer. I often walk my dog in shorts and a t-shirt even when its below freezing, provided it's calm and dry. However, when im tired i notice the cold alot more, even when it isn't that cold. Wind and rain also have a massive influence on how warm or cold you feel, rain more so than wind, in my opinion. Being wet completely robs your body of warmth and a stiff breeze will only add to the misery.

The coldest i've ever felt in my life was when i was about 10 years old playing football in Whaley Bridge. Dressed in a thin shirt and shorts + Driving wind + sideways sleet and rain = numbing cold! Just about everyone was frozen to the spot!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Being hungry can make a difference too, I think...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Yes i think it can, being hungry, tired and cold rather then tired, cold and had a meal, proberly does make a difference, and also depending on what meal you have had of course.

Posted

electrick snow storm .......the heat is certainly dictated bey how excited atoms are,so in a way yes, how we feel cold is linked to how excited we are.Mad thought.

Edited by greybing