Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Temperatures Of Record Hot Days

Posted

The warmest UK maximum temperatures for June, July, August are 35.6C (1976), 36.5C (2006), 38.5C (2008) respectively. However, the warmest UK minimum temperatures for June, July, August are 22.7C (1976), 23.3C (1948), 23.9C (1990) respectively. The 28th June 1976 saw the record warm max and min values for June, but July and August have record high temperature such as 38.5C in 2003, but with no record minimum for that day.

This makes me wonder how the temperature throughout the 24 hrs of the 10th August 2003 developed as surely it would make interesting viewing for large temperature increase or decrease within an hour.

I'm too young to remember any experience of record warm days, but I'm sure many of you have been through this warm spell and have experienced and observed the temperature changes. Any recollections, data or explanations of the temperature durations on that hot day, and on other record hot days would be great.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

The warmest UK maximum temperatures for June, July, August are 35.6C (1976), 36.5C (2006), 38.5C (2008) respectively. However, the warmest UK minimum temperatures for June, July, August are 22.7C (1976), 23.3C (1948), 23.9C (1990) respectively. The 28th June 1976 saw the record warm max and min values for June, but July and August have record high temperature such as 38.5C in 2003, but with no record minimum for that day.

This makes me wonder how the temperature throughout the 24 hrs of the 10th August 2003 developed as surely it would make interesting viewing for large temperature increase or decrease within an hour.

I'm too young to remember any experience of record warm days, but I'm sure many of you have been through this warm spell and have experienced and observed the temperature changes. Any recollections, data or explanations of the temperature durations on that hot day, and on other record hot days would be great.

I have a website that gives me METAR information for most worldwide airports for everyday since 1999. When I get home if I remember, if not PM me I'll have a look at it, and post the data on a graph here. for the 3 days surrounding 10th August 2003.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Hello,

Just spent the last 50 minutes putting this together using past metar data for LHR - London Heathrow.

I noticed the dewpoints dropped massively when the temperature went through the 34 barrier, and then came back pretty quickly when the wind picked up, and the temperature dropped quite a bit.

That was Britains taste of a desert climate.

ja8cxx.png