Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

How Hot Do You Like It In Summer?

How Warm?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Normally, what would be a summer max that would settle for?

• 15-18C
    • 18-20C
    • 20-22C
    • 22-25C
    • 25-27C
    • 27-30C
    • 30-32C
    • 32c+
  2. 2. What is the Highest Temperature that you'd like to experience in summer?

• 20-22C
    • 22-25C
    • 25-27C
    • 27-30C
    • 30-32C
    • 32-34C
    • 34-36C
    • 36-38C
    • 38C+
  3. 3. What would you consider too warm?

• 22-25C
    • 25-27C
    • 27-30C
    • 30-32C
    • 32-34C
    • 34-36C
    • 36-38C
    • 38C+
  4. 4. At Night, how warm do you like it?

• 12-14C
    • 14-16C
    • 16-18C
    • 18-20C
    • 20-22C
    • 22C+

Posted

Today's weather is just about perfect for May-September. Lots of sunshine and warm but pleasant temperatures. For me, this is just about ideal for summer although I'd prefer some days around the 25C or slightly above mark on quite a few occasions and perhaps around 30C to keep things interesting. However, I do feel that there can be limit - that various through people's opinions - where it can get too hot. In summer, I feel that very hot days are needed at times to keep things interesting and exciting, but generally, I feel that temperatures in the 20S and below 25C is just about perfect: the house wouldn't feel quite as warm as in higher temperatures and you can continue to do activities inside and outside without feeling too warm. So I'd say that 23-25C is very reasonable for myself in summer, with much warmer weather coming in for extreme summer excitement. But how warm do you normally like it in summer? For me, 30C is probably just a bit too much for comfort so in that respect it's just abit too warm for me, but it is to an extent tolerable so I'd say that temperatures above 32C would just about be the definite mark for the too warm category.

So, in the daytime, temperatures below 30C and in the 20s would do with temperatures around 30C being the absolute maximum for any comfortable heat with that bit of excitement in it too. But what about night temperatures? Personally, I like it to be around 20C towards 7-8pm and drop in temperature after 9pm with some cool temperatures come midnight. I think quite warm temperatures in the high-teens around 10pm would do as long as it drops afterwards. I think having say 18C or more throughout the night wouldn't be pleasant. And of course, humidity plays a big impact in lower temperatures in the day and night. So, how do you like your summer temperatures and how does it affect your activities throughout the day?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

A summer max of 18C is absolutely fine given the right weather conditions, i.e. it'll feel more like 28C if the sun is shining. Although I like it warmer, around 24/25C is a great vantage point, warm enough to do any outdoor activity, or go swimming in the sea.

I've never experienced anything over about 29C, so to get a 32-34C would be epic, although combined with high humidity, it could be dangerous in the UK.

I'd also say 32-34C would be too warm after a day or two, in my idea summer it'd drop back to 24/25C after a couple of days, and spark off some intense thunderstorms.

12-14C at night is perfect, if there's one thing I can't stand, it's hot nights where I struggle to sleep due to inside being roasting. Right now it's 13C outside, I know if I open my window it's going to be refreshing, and I just took the dog wearing just shorts & t-shirt, combined with little wind, it felt nice.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

The humidity is when it starts setting me off into wanting a cool down. personally Monday was my perfect day. Sunny, 19 or so celsius with a light breeze. As soon as things get moist in the heat thats when i dont like it. A spell of 25-28 is nice again if its dryish heat and when im out enjoying it rather than sat in smart clothes in an office.

The only time i will be happy to suffer sweaty humid days is if there is some sort of lightshow at the end to make it worthwhile haha.

Posted

The spell last September was perfect here, 26-27c with temperatures in the low-mid teens by night and low humidity.

A nice breeze, low humidity with temperatures between 21-26c by day and the low teens at night is perfect for me.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

Ideally, about 28C by day and 18C by night. Interspersed with some days over 30 and some days at 25C.

This warm spell is good though, it shows that you don't need amazing conditions for hot weather, we have a north easterly flow here but are still predicted about 28C later this week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

I like temperatures above 30C every now and again purely for interest, but from a comfort point of view, I like temperatures between 18C and 25C during the day and 6C and 14C during the night.

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

23c to 24C by day 12C by night is about right.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

I couldn't complete your poll as all the temperature options were far too high.

10-14c is about right for a July maximum, accompanied by lots of soothing cloud and copious amounts of rain.

I was tempted to start a thread entitled 'Fed up with warm, dry sunny weather' but thought I might get lonely in there.

Posted

Well my perfect day would be around 4-10oC at night because I hate being hot while sleeping! Even mid winter I have my bedroom window open! Then after a cold start I think 20-24oC are nice temperatures depending on whattime of year it is and how humid it is, and if there is no humidity, 38oC would be nice to see! I've only ever seen 31.9oC and it was incredibly humid! the lowest the humidity got that day was 40% relative humidity which = to around 37oC humidex! That was horrible in class rooms at school but I could just about deal with it outside and even in the sun outside it was the night time temps which killed me! because the humidex didn't get below 22oC!

Oh and I would also like to see a record 39oC+ this year out of interest but I also don't because of the fatalities which are caused by it!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and dry summers with big thunderstorms.

Temps of 24-28c is ideal but wouldn't mind some very high values of say 35c as they add interest. August 2003 was amazing 37c was recorded here twice and we had about 5 days over 35c and some spectacular storms.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.

Love temperatures in the day maxing out at 24C and occasionally higher. The odd 30C does make it all the more exciting, with thunderstorms to follow.

I'd like temperatures in the night to actually drop to single figures just so you can start the day on a fresh note.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

25-26c is the ideal regular maximums for me with mins 16-18c in the cities. This keeps things warm into the evening as well as not stifling in the day.

In fact yesterday was pretty close to perfect (24.3c max, 14.4c min) especially since it was still t-shirt weather at almost 11pm.

I like to see extreme maximums too so higher the better - simply for the experience of it. I wouldn't want 35c everyday of the summer though but not and again it's good to feel it. If yesterday was the main default then that'd do me!

Posted

25-26c is the ideal regular maximums for me with mins 16-18c in the cities. This keeps things warm into the evening as well as not stifling in the day.

In fact yesterday was pretty close to perfect (24.3c max, 14.4c min) especially since it was still t-shirt weather at almost 11pm.

I like to see extreme maximums too so higher the better - simply for the experience of it. I wouldn't want 35c everyday of the summer though but not and again it's good to feel it. If yesterday was the main default then that'd do me!

My preferences are very similar to yours, regular highs of 25-26C would be fantastic with the odd hotter day. I'm not a huge fan of storms in this country because they often mean a breakdown in the heat, which then often doesn't return for some time! I wouldn't mind some storms if I was certain we would get warm conditions back quickly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

unbelievable the vote for 22+ at night, must have air conditioned home, I did vote in that but mine would be under 10

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Yes 22c+ minimum is deffo an air conditioning job especially in a well insulated UK home!

Think highest min I've recorded was just shy of 20c which was quite toasty that's for sure.

In Barbados it was 25c mins which was without a doubt an air con job!

Posted

The temps yesterday and potentially today, have been just right for me!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

For me I think 25C-30C most days would be great, as long as it wasn't too humid. A few days of 30-35C would be nice every now and then but not in long spells when it becomes too much. I think above 35C would be going too far and I would have to move into the freezer for the day. However night time temperatures I would like to drop away to below 15C otherwise sleeping becomes difficult.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

Enjoy the sun everyone, but please take care and DON'T BURN & USE SUNSCREEN. I speak through experience. I was lucky it was caught in time (a mole that turned cancerous)

Anyway, hope it's a good one from now on. Er, with some thunder too of course. :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I really don't mind how hot it gets, just so long as it's consistent enough for me to acclimatize. 1976 was good, in that regard.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Low 20s is plenty enough. Once it gets to about 24/25c I find it very uncomfortable. And once it gets into the teens at night I find it difficult to sleep.

The weather at the moment is on the brink of becoming generally uncomfortable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

Low 20s is plenty enough. Once it gets to about 24/25c I find it very uncomfortable. And once it gets into the teens at night I find it difficult to sleep.

The weather at the moment is on the brink of becoming generally uncomfortable.

I worry you may melt when you do your year in Oklahoma??

:)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

I worry you may melt when you do your year in Oklahoma??

smile.png

I have a swimming pool and air conditioning, I might just cope :p Plus I'm guaranteed to get storms at some point!

Posted

Fairly expected results with most folk preferring 22-25c by day and 12-14c by night - exactly the weather we have now!

Key for me is for it to remain t-shirt weather for sitting right till bedtime. Last night was like that despite cooling to just over 14c. Perhaps it isn't nightly mins we need to consider but perhaps 'temperature by midnight'?

Last night was 18c with no wind and decent humidity at midnight - easily be sitting out weather. Not that I was out that late but still!

Posted

20-22C by day and 10-12C by night for me, which is pretty much an average summer here. Occasional hot days (25-30C) are fine for the novelty factor, but I quickly start to struggle if they last too long. Its not fun trying to sleep between night shifts in hot weather either.

Fortunately being close to the North Sea coast temperatures of 30C+ are very rare indeed. The last was 9 years ago now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

I am genuinely gobsmacked by the amount of people who would like to experience over 38C in summer!