Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Warm/hot Spell Discussion 22nd May Onwards

Posted

I'm not happy with the NW wind! NW / W are the two directions we don't want! I imagine even a SW would send the temperature up. N / NE / E / SE / S would send the temperatures up by about 5C methinx, it's still hovering in between 15C and 16C here though it still feels amazing out there and there isn't a cloud in the sky at all!

Edited by Slowpoke

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

We always do well on the south coast in these set ups. Temperature is currently bang on 24C here with Lee-On-Solent reporting 22C at 12 noon.

Time for a southerly so the south coast is cooler I think.. hehe ;)

Posted

River Thames at Kingston Bridge at 8 this morning had loads of swans over it even though it was overcast and showing 13 degrees on car thermometer. Not just the swans more plentiful; snails all over the pavement when walking the dog and three spiders seem to have emerged from hibernation in the house and have been encouraged to move outside(!). Uxbridge this lunchtime has unbroken clear blue sky and finally smells of summer. Students on campus not quite prepared yet, but I think t-shirts and vests will be all the rage tomorrow....

Edited by Reefseeker

Posted

Time for a southerly so the south coast is cooler I think.. hehe tease.gif

Yes it would mean we would not be the warmest part of the UK if that happened, but as a southerly direction is a warm one it would still be warm here anyway good.gif

Posted

Right, that's enough of this warm nonsense. Time for the "Autumn Thread" anyone ??

GET OUT!!! sorry.gif

Posted

Right, that's enough of this warm nonsense. Time for the "Autumn Thread" anyone ??

Be strong TONA; only four weeks to go before we're at the top of the slope...

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

Yahyoo..!! Just hit 14°C here on the Northeast coast... At least its sunny and the dirty 'haar' isn't shrouding the skies..Yet.!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

17C just a couple of miles further inland at Cleadon and 20.9C at Newton Aycliffe (Durham), showing how striking the differences can be near the east coast in these setups. It feels warm here out of the breeze, but there is a nip in the air when facing the wind.

Posted

22.7°C in both Heathrow and Shoreham (close enough to me at work, but still coastal cool!) 23.5°C in the Solent and the hottest I've seen the internal temperature here in our new offices at work at 30°C!!! All the windows open and fans on, but the mercury keeps rising. Not sure what's going to happen when we get ambient outdoor temps in the late 20's here, I'll have to bring tomatoes in and grow them..... d030.gif

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=current;type=maxt;sess=

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/observations/

Posted

17C just a couple of miles further inland at Cleadon and 20.9C at Newton Aycliffe (Durham), showing how striking the differences can be near the east coast in these setups. It feels warm here out of the breeze, but there is a nip in the air when facing the wind.

It's the same here in Blackpool on the NW coast!

Posted

Cleadon Hills acts as a great barrier for you Ian and luckily for me, my back garden is south facing and my house is my barrier..lovely little 'sun-trap'. After last nights 'pea-soup' fog I had my doubts whether today was going to be one of those dull days, but a tiny shift in surface wind direction made all the difference...I still prefer my sou'westerlies though..

Posted

It's now 26.2C here & Lee-On-Solent (nearest Met office station) was 24.7C at 2pm good.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

24.1c max so far - utterly bang on perfect May weather!

I'll bank this thanks!

Posted

Still just 16C here in Blackpool, a few miles inland its 19-21C. As I've said earlier, it's not cold but there's a nip in the breeze. Can't wait for the wind direction change on Thursday! I have high hopes for Thursday through to Sunday...

Posted

Rdtlmett.gif

Reurmett.gif

post-6667-0-49569300-1337695787_thumb.jp

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

24.0c with a dew of 14.6c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Mediterranean climates (Valencia is perfect)

It's funny how it feels so hot here, but it's only average July max temperatures for this area!

One thing I'm looking forward to is the warmer evenings, with temperatures staying up to 14C and probably staying at 20C till 9/10pm. Brilliant weather

Posted

Highest temperature has come up to 21.8'c in Buxton today. Not bad for a spa town 1400ft asl and only a week ago we was seeing sleet showers.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Touching 26C here now, if my weather stations are correct, but wearing t-shirt and feeling comfortable and breeze isn't chilly which occurs around 26/27C, so it may well be right, impressive stuff if it is, unfortunately I've got an exam coming up so am having to revise and not fully enjoy the weather, off tomorrow afternoon so hope it's the same temperature so I can fully appreciate it.