Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Warm/hot Spell Discussion 22nd May Onwards

Posted

Mr Data, it was exceptional Friday-Monday in Cumbria and Lacashire also, in Blackpool we reached around 27C three days in a row which is amazing in July and August, never mind May!

Any chances of storms here in Blackpool? I can't view the charts properly using my phone and I'm out on the park. Some rather nasty clouds seem to be developing!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: obviously snow!

warm spell just wont end, 26.8c here hottest of year, was supposed to be cooler monday, then yesterday, then today, I wouldnt be surprised if tomorrow is warm and sunny,

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Remarkably 26.0C today and second highest reading of the current warm spell, not bad since I had expected things to go down hill from today.

Posted

If its exceptional, it is only in terms of longevity and not absolute values outside the north of Scotland. As I pointed out before there were 4 consecutive days in May 1922 where maxima was above 30C.

was it exceptional given the three weeks of cold dross that preceded it kevin ?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Another lovely sitting out evening. Is it really gonna turn horrible from tomorrow? Seems so unreal like a slow poison steadily infecting you...

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Its looking cloudy and warm for the south and wetter and cooler for other areas

here is the NAE temperature and rainfall charts for 3pm

12053115_2_3100.gif12053118_2_3018.gif

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Although feeling cooler compared to how hot it has been, southern areas staying really quite warm and humid, with clouds keeping that warmth in and a humid night tonight, now with this cloud NAE does show some cloud breaks appearing in the far south more likely, what i see over the next cople of days is for southern areas holding onto the warm weather, if we had clear at night then this would cool things off, but clouds holding in the after heatwave warmth! and also the ground/building heat.

The North really seeing the coolest and wettest weather today.

Posted

Another lovely sitting out evening. Is it really gonna turn horrible from tomorrow? Seems so unreal like a slow poison steadily infecting you...

Well it's turned out quite nice here; total overcast with no hint of sun and a gentle rain is falling. A little cooler,too. Long may it last!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

It is similar here. Dull & miserable - the normal crappy UK weather returns!

This rain isn't even enough to water the garden - if its gonna rain I need something proper. This is just dull.

Posted

Well May looking to end much as it started for here, damp and rather dismal, after an absolutely superb 9-10 days.

Just to update on the statistics for here, and I suspect mine will be pretty similar to many other locations in the central area of England.

I had 9 consecutive days of 24C or more. Using my own data, January 1997 onwards and that for RAF Finningley 1942-1995 that has NEVER ever occurred before! So much for it not being a notable very warm/hot and sunny spell looking at some of the comments over the last few days.

The highest temperature was 28.4C on Monday this week. That compares to the highest May value for Finningley of 30.5C on 30 May 1947 and a value of 28.3C on 29 May 1944.My previous highest was during the 4 day hot spell in May 2010 with a value of 29.9C on 23 May that year.

Runs of temperatures of 24C or more prior to this year were 6 in 1959 and several with 4, 1944, 1947 and 1952 with 2010 also having 4.

So the end of a memorable spell of weather for this area.

Posted

Oh well, if I post weather updates on here now I'll be seriously off-topic!

After such a nice summery spell, this is just about the worst type of weather imaginable going into June.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

i c some people r already getting bord with this weather. I just wish it lasted alot longer, i could never get bord with this kind of weather accept winter, where i would like it to be cold and snowey. Lets hope the warm and sun makes a comeback before too long.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

I think that this thread might be closing soon?laugh.png

Posted

Warmer than the last 3 days here today, max of 22.5C with sunny intervals before more generally cloudy conditions rolled in and has now dropped the temperature to 16.8C. Recent days were a bit cooler here than many parts due to a sea breeze and/or the SW being generally a bit cooler than other areas.

If it wasn't for a max of 19.7C on the 28th though, we would be on our 10th consecutive day above 20C. Last year's longest chain of >20C days was only 7, this occurring twice and both were not in summer! (one was in April and the other in that late September/early October spell)

There's a chance tomorrow and maybe just Saturday could reach 20C before above-average conditions come to an abrupt end on Sunday.

Edited by Stormmad26

Posted

7 days maps here, 22nd-28th May,these are the current temperatures at that time(4pm all maps) on the day

post-11361-0-22312500-1338512344_thumb.gpost-11361-0-10663800-1338512363_thumb.g

post-11361-0-86623000-1338512483_thumb.gpost-11361-0-64906100-1338512501_thumb.g

post-11361-0-37823400-1338512663_thumb.gpost-11361-0-21323300-1338512709_thumb.gpost-11361-0-69244200-1338512732_thumb.g

These are not the max temps

http://www.weatheron...NG=en&CONT=ukuk

click on the calender and choose a month/day(for example-on the calender click this < to go back to May), click weather type, and then how you want to view the data.

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

It's amazing, parts of Scotland saw an 18 degree drop in temperature in the space of 1 or 2 days.

Edited by Aaron

Posted

It's amazing, parts of Scotland saw an 18 degree drop in temperature in the space of 1 or 2 days.

I think you need to clarify that there was an 18c drop in MAX temperature, as on many occasions an 18c + drop can happen overnight

as many of us had in late March with 21c ish maxxes and frosty mornings.