Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Warm/hot Spell Discussion 22nd May Onwards

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spanish plumes, hot and sunny with thunderstorms

I thought it was a suitable time to start this thread about the upcoming warm/very warm spell which will take hold across most parts by tomorrow with temperatures into the low 20s. There will be exceptions as there nearly always is, but i'm hopeful that even the east coast will eventually see temperatures rise as the air will be sourced from a warmer direction come the end of the week.

Currently the GFS is showing Wednesday being the warmest day with 25c. I expect 27c to be reached in some lucky spots by the end of the week.

Before anyone says anything i know its not a record breaking spell, but it will feel all the more special given the poor Spring so far. I'm sure the warmth and sunshine cant come soon enough for all the farmers out there.

Posted

I think any decent warmth after this cool spell has to feel marvellous.

I think I just saw one of these on the home page..........

post-1669-0-57543200-1337601106_thumb.jp

biggrin.png

Posted

Still cool across the bulk of England and Wales. Western Scotland and Northern Ireland seem to be getting the highest temperatures. Much more sunshine over central areas tomorrow should work wonders for the temperatures.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything but mild south-westeries in winter

In any other May such weather would not require a thread because it would be perfectly normal.. temperatures of 25C in London in May.. wow.. shocking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Hopefully not too many sea breezes on côte de la manche because it's a easterly, looking foward to some pleasant weather though and relaxing outside.

Posted

In any other May such weather would not require a thread because it would be perfectly normal.. temperatures of 25C in London in May.. wow.. shocking

Well the poor excuse for a cold spell in early December was deemed worthy of multiple regional threads. And that was on the back of the much more notable cold spell the previous year.

Anyway, reserve judgement until after its happened.

Posted

Due to the lapse rates it's currently close to 19'c here but the heat has yet to set in with 3 months of the cold stuff, give it tomorrow for the thermal gradient lapse to catch up and the temps will start to kick in across the central swathes. For now i'm just enjoying the blue skies before the warmth.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Due to the lapse rates it's currently close to 19'c here but the heat has yet to set in with 3 months of the cold stuff, give it tomorrow for the thermal gradient lapse to catch up and the temps will start to kick in across the central swathes. For now i'm just enjoying the blue skies before the warmth.

It's already feeling nice and toasty out in the back garden, what a pleasant relief after what seems like aeons of cold & damp...Bring on the increasing warmth! good.gif

Posted

Still completely overcast here

Posted

Hi I'm new here :) I live in Hertfordshire and it's 14.5oC at the minute, and been cloudy all day, It's my birthday tomorrow and I've been saying for weeks that I think the weather will change on my birthday and it REALLY has... I'm amazed and excited :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Finally able to get the shorts back out, very pleasant indeed out walking the dog at lunchtime cool.png

Posted

A long shot, but looks like something trying to brew across these parts. 2 hours ago it was brilliant blue skies and now what I presume is Ac Cas forming, the deepest bases some 7 miles south of here near Buxton. http://xnet.hsl.gov.uk/siteweather/image00002.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

The cloud sheet is proving much more stubborn in Tyneside than I expected, so I am less confident re. the sun breaking through tomorrow, but the model outputs continue to suggest a stronger high pressure influence and drier airmass during tomorrow and Wednesday.

Posted

Yeah.. the sun has shone a few times today but that was very brief and it's still totally cloudy.. Met Office suggests 24C tomorrow.. eh

Sun is shining now.. but it's just a brief interval.. I hope it clears mostly before nightfall

Edited by Aaron

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - Heavy Snow Summer - Hot with Night time Thunderstorms

Very sunny in the West Midlands and warm. Much better than forecast. Looks cool and bleak in the East though the far SE looks fine. Could be a similar picture for much of the week though if so its all positive here! :)

Posted

In the last 20 minutes or so the sun has decided to BEGIN to show itself, Its gone from 14.5oC at half 2 to now 16.1oC, the temperature responded very quickly to the hazy sun! :)

Posted

More frequent sunny intervals here too with blue sky to the North East

Very sunny in the West Midlands and warm. Much better than forecast. Looks cool and bleak in the East though the far SE looks fine. Could be a similar picture for much of the week though if so its all positive here! smile.png

I have one word for you: schadenfreude. pardon.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold snowy Winters, warm stormy spring & sumemr, cool frosty Autumn!

Had a high of 19.1C here today, currently 17.9C. It feels very nice after recent cooler weather, expect tomorrow to be in the low 20s possibly which will be very pleasant indeed!

What areas look to see the highest temperatures this week?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Ample sunshine; Hot weather; Mixed winters with cold and mild spells

Horray - the sun is out!

At long last we can have the office windows & door open without it feeling nippy. Fresh air & light = no headache!

Looking forward to finally getting the chance to enjoy being outside again. Now if it can ensure to be around this weekend and the bank hol weekend then perhaps maybe I'll forgive the last 7 weeks of cold vileness...

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Surprisingly warm feeling day although only reached 17c.

Posted

There we go, largely sunny now. Too late for a meaningful temperature rise but I hope the cloud can hold off tonight.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Uninterrupted sunshine all day, with just a small % of cloud in the morning.

Temperatures peaked at 21.4C in my back garden, with it currently sitting on a pleasant 17.9C.

Bit more of a breeze than I expected though.

Had a high of 19.1C here today, currently 17.9C. It feels very nice after recent cooler weather, expect tomorrow to be in the low 20s possibly which will be very pleasant indeed!

What areas look to see the highest temperatures this week?

The South and West.

Although don't be surprised to see the Scottish Highlands really baking. They act as a sun trap, especially in this type of set up, really absorbing the heat and can encourage some impressively high temperatures.

So long Cairngorm skiing season. :lol:

Posted

It has turned into a mostly sunny afternoon here, though with the onshore breeze its pretty close to average temperatures.

The max was 14.5C and its now down to 13.2C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Hazy sunshine and 19C, the happy season is here! let the temperatures rise.

Posted

Possibly a 26c tomorrow according to BBC with 23/24c quite widely. Given that many central areas have been held in mid teens for much of today that will be one heck of a rise.