Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

What You Don't Want To See During Summer....

Posted

...or perhaps you do. An active cold front pushing southwards drawing very cool air for the time of the year from the north as happened during July 1993. It produced quite a temperature plunge. This heralded a period of below average temperatures that lasted right through to December in the south and to the end of the year in the north. Here are forecasts showing how it unfolded.

• Like 2

Posted

I just want to see some sunshine - been raining for the last 20 hours or so and still no sign of stopping!

• Like 1

Posted

Yes a notably chilly spell of weather for the time of year, the northerly must have brought down very cold uppers for the time of year, low to mid teen maxima is very very dissapointing for mid July..

It did mark the start of a very long protracted cold period of weather and often unsettled weather with limited high pressure or warm southerly/southwesterly airstreams lasting through until late Nov for the south and the end of the year for the north. It was a dissapointing school holiday period for sunshine and warmth, probably the coldest such period of the 90's, the following four years brought very different conditions for the same said period, often very warm or hot.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Posted

...or perhaps you do. An active cold front pushing southwards drawing very cool air for the time of the year from the north as happened during July 1993. It produced quite a temperature plunge. This heralded a period of below average temperatures that lasted right through to December in the south and to the end of the year in the north. Here are forecasts showing how it unfolded.

20 years ago
  • Like 2

Posted

I have to wonder has July 2013 started a trend of above average months for the remainder of the year?....  Like 1993, just the other way around?!

Posted

1993, 1998, 2007 and 2012 easily the worst summers I have ever experienced (I was only 3 when the hideous 88 summer occured so no memory).

1993 I remember being bored most if not all of the summer holiday due to it being horrible (plus we were moving from a highrise to a house with garden). Mum gave up on August Bank Holiday and took me and my sister to Rhyl. Rhyl being a naff place it was cloudy and VERY breezy that day. Felt like November. We just hated it.

I might have dreamt this but I remember my ninth birthday in late November having snow!

A month of rain a la June 2012/July 2007/August 1993 is the worst thing to have in summer plus maxima of 12-15c.

• Like 1

Posted

I want to See a really intense Spanish plume slowly creep north and the wife to get off her ar*e when we are having a few drinks lol.

Posted

Fat people with hardly any clothes on.

Yes and fat girls wearing tight tops ewwwwww. Its good when its a fit shirtless bloke ;-)Im a bit bulky myself but at least I have modesty. The few people from South Asia/Middle East in WSM at least have decency.
  • Like 1