Cold?
Local
Radar
Snow?

On 10/08/2018 at 17:08, Lauren said:

This rain has really battered my poor hanging baskets. 

My geraniums don't seem to want to to flower. They've got lots of sun, they've been fed. Not sure what else I can do!

What fertiliser?  Composting seems an option

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's been a glorious, Spring like day today, spent most of it sowing seeds and marking out a new flower bed. The new bed will be eleven and a half foot wide by just over sixty foot long, fronted by a

This is a bit of a bugbear of mine so if I slip into rant mode, I apologise now.   Titchmarsh is right, gardeners are universally regarded as too thick to do anything else, the public perception is a

The Pergola is up, the digging is all done, the gravel is spread and the massive tree has had a trim to expose the trunk and let some light through ; all that's left to do is plant it up and pray for

Posted Images

On 14/08/2018 at 13:39, lassie23 said:

the few tomatoes i have are going red?

Had outdoor tomatoes for months. Many pounds for family and friends.  Really tasty. Grew so well that canes broke. 

To be honest stuff sown at start of hot period done poorly. If you had things ready to plant out beforehand with a bit of watering done well. 

Plums small with a lot suffering maggots. Blackberries a good size as previous years. 

D57142DB-CDAA-4BB0-BEE5-7BFB343D93D0.jpeg

• Thanks 1
46 minutes ago, Snipper said:

What fertiliser?  Composting seems an option

It was a general one to encourage flower growth. Made from seaweed. Smelt absolutely gross!

22 minutes ago, Summer Sun said:

A really good crop of tomatoes this year started picking them at the end of June and will probably continue on picking until into October

rub it in why don't you lol

Edited by lassie23
56 minutes ago, lassie23 said:

rub it in why don't you lol

You should follow my way of gardening. Talk sweetly, regularly and look at your seedlings etc.  The thing you say is “grow you b***er or your straight into the compost bin”. Seems to work quite well. 

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...

A bumper crop of hazelnuts from my tree today,the tree is only six foot tall and three foot wide,also my peaches are coming along nicely but i knocked two off accidendently earlier of which i was a bit annoyed of,peach tree is about five foot,not much on my russet apple or conference pear this year though.

On 30/08/2018 at 22:11, Allseasons-si said:

A bumper crop of hazelnuts from my tree today,the tree is only six foot tall and three foot wide,also my peaches are coming along nicely but i knocked two off accidendently earlier of which i was a bit annoyed of,peach tree is about five foot,not much on my russet apple or conference pear this year though.

Squirrels eat most of my nuts, how do you grow peaches oooop norf when it snows 300 days a year?

2 hours ago, Summer Sun said:

A bumper crop of cucumbers this year got at least 10 off each plant and with 3 plants that's an awful lot

They are done now but the tomatoes have got a good month at least left in them yet probably a bit longer

lol i got two cucumbers from my plants in the sweltering south

Just now, lassie23 said:

Squirrels eat most of my nuts, how do you grow peaches oooop norf when it snows 300 days a year?

Strange as the conditions were perfect for them this summer mine are the smaller to medium sized variety

Still plenty of tomatoes outside. Seem to be suffering from nutrient deficiency but main tomato is fine. 

Interstingly blight started on on the 2nd for the last two years but not this. I am however growing supposedly blight resistant varieties. 

F71D2A02-2786-4B4D-BCE0-DD2EF96C1951.jpeg

• Like 1
On 04/09/2018 at 15:01, lassie23 said:

Lol i wish

my peaches fell ooorrrff!!!

i was looking forward to them but didn't make it through the final stages.

Edited by Allseasons-si
1 hour ago, Allseasons-si said:

Lol i wish

my peaches fell ooorrrff!!!

i was looking forward to them but didn't make it through the final stages.

My melons were almost complete but now they are sagging in the cold