Holidays
Local
Radar
Snow?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Winter's Tale

Team Gb Football Team

Personally I wouldn't really care. I would support a GB side just as much as an English side. And the relevant authorities have said time and time again nothing would happen to the individual nations.

And of Course Sepp Blatter means everything he says. nea.gif

The moaners are driving me up the wall. Yeah it's cost billions, but we bid for it before the proverbial hit the fan. It's a once in a lifetime sporting event and I'm really looking forward to it all. I'm gutted I haven't got any tickets for the proper events but the BBC coverage looks superb.

I have booked time off for the Olympics so will be watching everything under the sun.

or rain.

And of Course Sepp Blatter means everything he says. nea.gif

i dont know why people are getting worried for????..although i support GB in the Olympics i would never support a GB football team outside of it..its England or nothing.

I do think we should compete in the Olympic football tournament regularly. It is a serious competition for those in it & gives some valuable international experience to young players, in a competition that most of the teams take very seriously indeed! Why would we want to miss out? If the other nations of the UK don't want to take part, then we just enter an English team as team GB. It's their loss.

Posted · Hidden by snow raven, July 6, 2012 - umm, let's take 5...
Hidden by snow raven, July 6, 2012 - umm, let's take 5...

Why don't you go & crawl up your own @rse & give us all a break.

As you can guess the olympics is not my thing but football is.

What I would say is that allowing proffessional players to compete goes entirely against what the Olympics is suppose to stand for. I understand that people do need to earn nowadays while participating in sport but these guys earn 10 of thousands a week.

The home nations 'C' squads should be those involved. I am sure many of you will not even realise we have a England C squad built from players who ply their trade in the Conference National and below.

The Olympics haven't been amateur for years HP. Usain Bolt earns millions as do most of the top athletes. I have sympathy with those who say that if an Olympic gold medal isn't the ultimate in your sport, then it shouldn't be there. I just think it's a useful arena for young players to learn about international competition in a bigger arena tham Euro or world U21 championships.

The Olympics haven't been amateur for years HP. Usain Bolt earns millions as do most of the top athletes. I have sympathy with those who say that if an Olympic gold medal isn't the ultimate in your sport, then it shouldn't be there. I just think it's a useful arena for young players to learn about international competition in a bigger arena tham Euro or world U21 championships.

True.

Another reason for the celebrity underwear salesmen to be kept away from it.