Holidays
Local
Radar
Windy?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pip22

I Hate Weekend Tv!

In the weekends the television is always boring especially in the mornings, even the BBC news channel got programmes like Click or Our World. Why is BBC news have programmes in the weekends rather than live news all day?

Why dont we have more popular films rather than boring programmes, for example during the christmas break we had alot of films. Weekends should be chillax time and watching films after a long working week.

that is sad. :(

Hi FPOL,

Hasn't weekend TV always been crap? A comprehensive listing would be too long, but: Songs of Praise, EastEnders Omnibus, Britain's Got Talent, The Voice, Antiques Roadshow, You've Been Framed et. al. could all be consigned to the dustbin IMO... :bomb::clapping:

I agree. I particularly hate Sunday TV.

I'd rather be out and about doing stuff during daylight hours than watching TV, especially with weather as good as this weekend but when it comes to the evening I'm quite happy to settle down in front of something like BGT if I'm not going out, even the worst auditions are funny after a few drinks.....

Yeah weekend TV hasn't always been great. I think its because not as many people watch TV over the weekend compared to during the week days so they want to put on the best stuff during the week to get good ratings etc = more money.

In the weekends the television is always boring especially in the mornings, even the BBC news channel got programmes like Click or Our World. Why is BBC news have programmes in the weekends rather than live news all day?

Why dont we have more popular films rather than boring programmes, for example during the christmas break we had alot of films. Weekends should be chillax time and watching films after a long working week.

that is sad. :(

hate it? sunday 5pm-9pm Fresh prince of bel air! lots of football, and then if not that, then there's Elite, 914, no fella can dislike that

Go to America for a bit, then when you get back the weekend tv will seem great.

Btw, if you're on virgin media with their on demand service it doesn't really matter what's on live tv.

Guest QuantumSnow

Hi FPOL,

Hasn't weekend TV always been crap? A comprehensive listing would be too long, but: Songs of Praise, EastEnders Omnibus, Britain's Got Talent, The Voice, Antiques Roadshow, You've Been Framed et. al. could all be consigned to the dustbin IMO... :bomb::clapping:

You've just listed some of the reasons why I don't have one :ph34r: :lol:

You've just listed some of the reasons why I don't have one :ph34r: :lol:

I don't have one either, QS. I'm staying at my mother's for a wee while...TV is not a highlight!

Guest QuantumSnow

I don't have one either, QS. I'm staying at my mother's for a wee while...TV is not a highlight!

Ouch :lol:

Accidentally cut the plug off? :whistling:

Too many TV channels these days, and they have to fill their schedules with some rather pointless programmes!

To be honest i only watch tv now for football and f1.. and the odd weather report, and thats it.. tv is then used for xbox and ps3.. even thats gotta better viewing then most channels due to a love film subscription which i can stream thru xbox and ps3 when bored

Ouch :lol:

Accidentally cut the plug off? :whistling:

She might blow a fuse??? :blush:

If living without one full time isn't an option, there's always the off switch.

I prefer to throw the baby out with the bath water...

Hi FPOL,

What's wrong with the Antiques Roadshow/ I find it very interesting llistening to people who actually know what they are talking about; it sort of softens the blow when tuning in to some of the threads on here. Does anyone read a book anymore? No threads on the best book you have read lately does tell a story.

Youve been framed is ok, Harry hill does make it funnier with his comments, good news is Andrew marr has a new series on sunday , plus there's always the ITV news to enjoy, or the very posh antiques bbc road-show, and time team doing a bit of grave robbing.

What's wrong with the Antiques Roadshow/ I find it very interesting llistening to people who actually know what they are talking about; it sort of softens the blow when tuning in to some of the threads on here. Does anyone read a book anymore? No threads on the best book you have read lately does tell a story.

I prefer Dickinson's Real Deal myself :winky:

I'd rather be out and about doing stuff during daylight hours than watching TV, especially with weather as good as this weekend but when it comes to the evening I'm quite happy to settle down in front of something like BGT if I'm not going out, even the worst auditions are funny after a few drinks.....

I am not ashamed to admit that I really enjoy watching Britains Got Talent. Not every programme has to be intellectually stimulating! It is fun and should be taken as such. I have enough brain stimulation during the week that I quite like to rest it during the weekend and programmes like BGT are the perfect tonic for this!

There seems to be a theory that if a programme is not intellectually stimulating then it is not beneficial. Well, when we get the chance, sitting down as a family on Saturday evening and watching this type of programme together is extremely beneficial to my family life!

I hate Britain's Got Talent.. but I admit I do watch EastEnders every now and again, even though I know they can't act at all

There's only 2 programmes on regularly which are any good; Spongebob Squarepants and Family Guy. No,seriously. But I did like Discovery's recent 'Coal', and 'Moonshiners' on right now is pretty good.

There's only 2 programmes on regularly which are any good; Spongebob Squarepants and Family Guy. No,seriously. But I did like Discovery's recent 'Coal', and 'Moonshiners' on right now is pretty good.

Have you heard?

Only watch films on dvd now,to many adverts on telly,and then there's those 118 guys to contend with. :aggressive:

Go to America for a bit, then when you get back the weekend tv will seem great.

Btw, if you're on virgin media with their on demand service it doesn't really matter what's on live tv.

Agreed North American TV is dire i watch Uk tv through the internt via a VPN

They may know what they're talking about, but it's boring! ;)

I used to really hate Sunday evenings as it meant school again the next morning. Antiques Roadshow, Songs Of Praise, Last Of The Summer Wine, etc. - whatever the opposite of nostalgia is, that's what I'm feeling right now.