Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Uk Storm Chasers Needed

Lewis

Posted

I'd be more than willing to help out, but this area rarely sees anything of a massive size, last one near us was over Ferrybridge last year.

Posted

Shame my area doesn't get many storms so not sure I could input much, although I do like to get out an about and will drive pretty much anywhere to see stuff :D I just need something to keep me going after getting back from chasing in the states :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

An excelent idea, i wish i could take part but my eye sight won't allow me to take part but if there's anything i could do to help i would be glad.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: WINTERS WITH HEAVY DISRUPTIVE SNOWFALL AVRAGE SPRING HOT SUMMERS.

An excelent idea, i wish i could take part but my eye sight won't allow me to take part but if there's anything i could do to help i would be glad.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

Well as long as I keep away as an area up to 25 – 30 nm from a large storm or an oncoming MCS, and 15 – 25 nm for a medium storm It can be done perfectly safe, as far as I am aware. But if France was getting all the fun, I can take the aircraft mid channel and you could probably get a good view from there, of some distance MCS/Supercells. As long as the air is clear and the oncoming storms are clearly avoidable, I'd have every reason to go up to see what they look like.

I can take 1 (me) + 2 passengers up to 6-7000ft (FL70) and you'd get a view like this of France. On a similar routing to this..

24461z9.png

421359_2920023394485_1077805596_2916968_1223864241_n.jpg

(Taken Mid English Channel)

408069_2920025794545_1077805596_2916973_1132889850_n.jpg

I am up for it and will pay 1/3 of the cost for 4-5hrs flying, if the aircraft is free. 4-5hrs your looking at £540 including fuel and water safety equipment (Locator beacon, dingy etc)

I'd be interested to join up with someone in my area (east of England). I'd prefer to navigate and would pay for fuel if someone drives, but of course it depends on who/what/when/where. We have so few storms really that we have to be flexible I guess!! I have laptop and mobile internet too, coverage permitting.

As for flying, if I had a bit of notice (to get some cash sorted), I'd be there and willing to fly in a light plane, to see some storm systems. I've flown in and photographed/filmed before from light aircraft (different types) before so it doesn't bother me at all. Might message you further for details if that is OK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, clouds, aurora

I'd be interested to join up with someone in my area (east of England). I'd prefer to navigate and would pay for fuel if someone drives, but of course it depends on who/what/when/where. We have so few storms really that we have to be flexible I guess!! I have laptop and mobile internet too, coverage permitting.

As for flying, if I had a bit of notice (to get some cash sorted), I'd be there and willing to fly in a light plane, to see some storm systems. I've flown in and photographed/filmed before from light aircraft (different types) before so it doesn't bother me at all. Might message you further for details if that is OK

Hmmm re the 'notice' bit for cash... oops I'll start saving now as who knows when the storms might arrive! sigh

Guest QuantumSnow

Anyone out chasing then over the next 2 days?

Hi Lewis, I wouldn't say chasing but if it's a case of close but no cigar I might have to jump in the car and take a look! Might have picked a good week to be off by the looks of things :D

Posted

Hi Lewis, I wouldn't say chasing but if it's a case of close but no cigar I might have to jump in the car and take a look! Might have picked a good week to be off by the looks of things :D

Hoping to get out myself to do a bit of chasing tomorrow, was on standby today but nothing cropped up other than a few rogue cells to the South East of me across Lincolnshire.

Guest QuantumSnow

Hoping to get out myself to do a bit of chasing tomorrow, was on standby today but nothing cropped up other than a few rogue cells to the South East of me across Lincolnshire.

Yeah good luck mate, hopefully see a bit of action over the next couple of days. Nothing much down here today of note but I did see some lovely cloudscapes whilst driving this eve, including a big anvil, so here's hoping :good:

Posted

Yeah good luck mate, hopefully see a bit of action over the next couple of days. Nothing much down here today of note but I did see some lovely cloudscapes whilst driving this eve, including a big anvil, so here's hoping :good:

Tomorrow, and Thursday for you by the looks of it, fingers crossed for you.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms!

I'd be up for this. I'm in the SE (Kent) have decent sized transport, multiple laptops and mobile devices and mobile internet via a mifi. Have video recording and camera equipment too.

Can help out with any tech stuff too if needed. The only difficulty for me is that I work in London, and dont get home during the week until just before 8. However, evenings and weekends are completely open!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder Storms. All extreme weather.

I'm in Norwich but I'd love to storm chase. If I can help in any way, guys, just let me know here. I don't know if you're allowed to include email here, are you?

Cheers

Jess :)

Hello everyone, it's nice to see a UK community of Storm Chasers! I am myself an aspiring chaser and have wanted to chase the big ones in the states since I was about 10. I will be checking on this periodically for activity. I think it will be really good if anything kicks off that a group of chasers can get together!

QuantamSnow, it must be a small world as you live about 2 miles from me :p - I guess you know where Thakeham is?

Cheers,

Kieran

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunder - not necessarily at the same time!

Lewis' site does not appear to be working at the mo so I thought I would check whether he in fact meant .co.uk rather than .com. I found an interesting site but it appears that this group have not chased since 2008. HERE is the link.

Anyone heard of them?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms/squalls/hoar-frost/mist

Lewis' site does not appear to be working at the mo so I thought I would check whether he in fact meant .co.uk rather than .com. I found an interesting site but it appears that this group have not chased since 2008. HERE is the link.

Anyone heard of them?

Ive seen that site before, a few good chase reports on there, i think they gave up after a 5hour traffic jam on the motorway...

• 1 month later...