Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

2012 Storm Chasers Bbq

Paul Sherman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cloud 9

if it is any help people may start to arrive anytime around 1pm onwards

there will be two of us for certain I have booked a room at a hotel in Gosport for my wife and I but i might end up in a tent who knows ??

might need to go shopping once there because we might set off on Friday so any food might not keep.

Tom

Posted

if it is any help people may start to arrive anytime around 1pm onwards

there will be two of us for certain I have booked a room at a hotel in Gosport for my wife and I but i might end up in a tent who knows ??

might need to go shopping once there because we might set off on Friday so any food might not keep.

Tom

ok thanks Tom gives a better idea as i need to arrange delivery and collection of the bbq as not to tie my brother up too much

if it will help i have a small amount of spare fridge and freezer space if you require cool bag/box blocks freezing etc.

as i only live about a 30 min walk from the BBQ area.

Edited by the storm fisherman

Posted

how far from the site is a supermarket ? A lot of people brought a lot of food with them and I am sure we will get things sorted. It might be an idea to have some freezing blocks.

Tom

Posted

Booked! :D

We'll bring food and beer with us as usual. I guess we'll aim to get there in the afternoon some time, Can't beat an ice cold beer on a summers afternoon :p

Posted

how far from the site is a supermarket ? A lot of people brought a lot of food with them and I am sure we will get things sorted. It might be an idea to have some freezing blocks.

Tom

hI Tom

the supermarkets are a 5 min drive i will some ice packs on standby if required and ice can be purchased from the local supemarkets and 80p a bag las time it purchased some last year.

ps i will post some maps up with local amenitys and directions just figuring how best to show them on the site so that they are clear?

Posted

Thanks kind sir

As with Arron I think you cant beat a cold beer on a summers afternoon and so am already looking forward to the BBQ.

Tom

Posted

Talking about BBQs thought i might have one tonight, but whilst driving home with burgers on my mind i had to have a change of plan.

Saw a hefty shower a few miles away so thought i would film it, cos i could, and soon got surrounded. it was moving pretty quickly. Nice scenery though no thunder.

no showers wanted for the netweather bbq

Tom

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

Hi Guys

We now have confirmation that the 4th Netweather Summer Storm Chasers BBQ Will be held on The Weekend of the 21st and 22nd July in or Near Gosport (Hampshire).

Paul Harvey (Aka The Storm Fisherman) has kindly accepted the Mantle from Cumbria (2011) Evesham (2010) and SE Essex (2009) and will I am sure post up all the details of the exact location in the next few weeks. After the last 2 successes of the Camping Theme we will once again become Boy Scouts and Brownies in erecting Tents and BBQ's.

Think I am right in thinking this years location also has a Sea View of the Solent/English Channel so if we can get a Plume event it could be emotional!

Regards

Paul S

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: extreme weather

hi paul its very confusing for me just been looking at the map how to get der from dublin flight wise not sure what part ive to head to if ive to fly into portsmouth were do i go from der that seems to be the closet airport to get to gosport town,but also see stokes bay and that the oppisite side altogether :>(

Posted

hi paul its very confusing for me just been looking at the map how to get der from dublin flight wise not sure what part ive to head to if ive to fly into portsmouth were do i go from der that seems to be the closet airport to get to gosport town,but also see stokes bay and that the oppisite side altogether :>(

Hi Mick

either fly into southampton or gatwick then train from the airport to portmouth harbour then a 5 min ferry to gosport from outside the harbour station

go outside main station entrance and turn left down the gangway cost £2.80 return.

when on the gosport side leave the ferry terminal the bus station is on your left and the taxi rank is on the right the high st dead ahead if going to the campsite the bus you require is the no 4 or 34 and ask for the kingfisher caravan site same goes for the taxi

if going to straight to the BBQ ask for the carpark/ gosport diving museum at the browndown end of stokes bay no 88 bus stops there.

i hope this helps i will try to put up maps to help

Posted

Hi all

please find attched 2 maps and travel info

1 of the local area showing the where the local supermakets are and the ferry etc

more info is available on google maps the post code you require is PO12 2QU

The other map is the route into gosport from the M27

paul

GOSPORT LOCAL MAP.pdf

ROUTE OFF THE M27.pdf

2012 STORMCHASERS BBQ INFO.pdf

Posted

I now have another smaller tent a so may camp whilst my good lady lords it in the hotel . so do i need to book now or will it do when i get there.

Tom

Posted

I now have another smaller tent a so may camp whilst my good lady lords it in the hotel . so do i need to book now or will it do when i get there.

Tom

As far as I am aware you can book a pitch and pay on the day but the lady at the campsite said tents where no problems for space

Posted

As far as I am aware you can book a pitch and pay on the day but the lady at the campsite said tents where no problems for space

did you see the size of the tent that Paul S brought. It was like a canvas stately home, it had wings

Tom

Posted

did you see the size of the tent that Paul S brought. It was like a canvas stately home, it had wings

Tom

well there is plenty of room next door it is a army training base and then there is always the beach lolPosted Image

looking at the models if they dont do a major u-turn we should some rather nice weather for the bbq weekend

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything extreme

Tom, saw you on the Beeb last night on that Volcano programme. Didn't know you had a daytime job as a Volcano Ranger in Hawaii

post-5491-0-76573600-1341947764_thumb.jp

Posted

Hi all unfortunately I am now unable to attend work have just cancelled all least till further notice and has ballsed up a load of people's holidays am totally gutted to be missing the BBQ I hope you all have a fantastic time

Ian

Posted

Tom, saw you on the Beeb last night on that Volcano programme. Didn't know you had a daytime job as a Volcano Ranger in Hawaii

OK OK I have been rumbled

post-2466-0-16242400-1341955899_thumb.jp

Aloha !!!!

• Like 3

Posted

Tom

Hey Tom

I am in a tent quandry, was told I am not allowed to bring that tent so at the moment I am tentless Posted Image Seeing as I am picking the Irishman up from Stanstead I would imagine he has no canvas either, cant see him dragging that along a Ryanair Flight ?

Anyone have any room in their tents ?

Posted

Hey Tom

I am in a tent quandry, was told I am not allowed to bring that tent so at the moment I am tentless Posted Image Seeing as I am picking the Irishman up from Stanstead I would imagine he has no canvas either, cant see him dragging that along a Ryanair Flight ?

Anyone have any room in their tents ?

I have three man

two man

and pop up.

I was using the pop up leaving the 3 man and two (affectionately known as the coffin) spare. Which do you want me to bring along

Posted

If you could bring that Dave, that would be great, will check with tirty tree and a tird what his sleeping arrangements are

Posted

If you could bring that Dave, that would be great, will check with tirty tree and a tird what his sleeping arrangements are

Sleeping with you by the looks of it

Tom

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

I have a two man tent I can bring along.

Posted

Am planning to come, would it be wise to book a pitch before I come?

Posted

I'll chuck them all in the car. Be prepared an all that malarky