Holidays
Local
Radar
Pollen

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Coast

Mclaren Mp4-12c

Just for you petrolheads on Netweather!

How refreshing to find my first live McLaren MP4-12C in the car park of my local pub!! Normally full of bland German luxo-barges, the new McLaren stood out a mile and I can tell you it is a beautiful in the flesh as it is in all the programmes and pictures you may have seen.

This one was even more dramatic as it was in the launch colour of Volcano Orange with anthracite alloy wheels - enjoy!

post-6667-0-95346700-1332063359_thumb.jp

post-6667-0-67653200-1332063371_thumb.jp

post-6667-0-39054300-1332063385_thumb.jp

post-6667-0-28413800-1332063396_thumb.jp

post-6667-0-56728200-1332063407_thumb.jp

post-6667-0-39066800-1332063417_thumb.jp

post-6667-0-13154000-1332063427_thumb.jp

post-6667-0-90773700-1332063437_thumb.jp

WOW!! what an amazing peace of craftmanship, it almost looks out of place.

I would love to own one of these beauties one day........ :rofl:

Dang! The nearest I'm ever likely to get to one of those is on Need For Speed Hot Pursuit,where it routinely buries a Bugatti Veyron!

This car made an impressive 1:16.2 around the Top Gear test track, beating the Ferrari 458 Italia.

"Very practical and very sensible"- Jeremy Clarkson (perhaps reflecting the high standards of the sports cars tested in Top Gear, as compared with 'normal' cars it looks like an out-and-out racing car). I certainly don't often see its likes out on the roads. Note that the Top Gear version is even the same colour!

Guest QuantumSnow

She's a beauty.

Now if you don't mind, just pop the keys back through the front door after you've put her back in my garage :rofl:

Oh dear, the boys and girls with their toys. It's okay I'm going straight back in my box.

Nice, a fine example of the breed! When I heard they were developing a road car based on F1 technology I was not convinced that anyone could pull it off, not even Mclaren as previous racing cars converted for road use were always horrid to drive, but they sure showed us skeptics with the MP4-12C.

I wonder who that car belongs to?

This car made an impressive 1:16.2 around the Top Gear test track, beating the Ferrari 458 Italia.

Indeed, second quickest time ever and it was in a luxury road car and not a racing car like the first place Ariel Atom. Shows how well engineered that thing really is.

Oh dear, the boys and girls with their toys. It's okay I'm going straight back in my box.

Ok Bye.

Coast,must be really well-to-do round your way; the most exotic thing I've ever seen in a pub carpark round here is an 'H' reg Sierra Cosworth.

Ok Bye.

Coast,must be really well-to-do round your way; the most exotic thing I've ever seen in a pub carpark round here is an 'H' reg Sierra Cosworth.

Not really, that's why I was so shocked to see it! Miss Shoreline's son is Deputy Manager there and said it was an ordinary guy who paid by Platinum Amex card, so maybe just someone who appreciates fine British engineering? It certainly had more presence than many exotic supercars I've seen 'up close and personal' and is definitely down on my lotto win list!