Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland - Regional Discussion

lorenzo

Posted

hi all. 16C on my weather station at the early hours this morning. seems to be backed up by MetO site. About 15C out there now. feels lovely!

We have a pesky bank of high cloud but it seems to be slowing shifting and big blue areas of sky forming out to the west. So hope to see the record broken today (think needs to get to 17.5C) if the cloud clear which it looks like doing.

So, warm, bright, very little wind, sun about to pop out. this is shorts and t-shirts weather for aberdonians!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

About 15C out there now. feels lovely!

So, warm, bright, very little wind, sun about to pop out. this is shorts and t-shirts weather for aberdonians!

Eh? I thought that was 0-10 C range. Surely 15C is bikini/bermuda's on the beach weather?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

12.5c S. Cloudy and miserable looking really Certainly no dizzy heights here I'm afraid! Would love the ECM to verify for next week. I fear it won't however and backtrack towards the Gfs solution.

Posted

hi all. 16C on my weather station at the early hours this morning. seems to be backed up by MetO site. About 15C out there now. feels lovely!

We have a pesky bank of high cloud but it seems to be slowing shifting and big blue areas of sky forming out to the west. So hope to see the record broken today (think needs to get to 17.5C) if the cloud clear which it looks like doing.

Yeah if it's still 16 under this bank of cloud, I can see us getting very close to the all time Scottish record for February which also Aberdeen in 1897, 17.9 if it break to allow some sun

You're right, feels so comfortable and mild outside just now

Edited by Zerouali lives

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

16.4c the high so far according to weatheronline. A couple of others also reporting 16c. Can the record go?

Is it still cloudy in the favoured spots?

Regards

gottolovethisweather

Posted
Eh? I thought that was 0-10 C range. Surely 15C is bikini/bermuda's on the beach weather?

Unbelievably I just back in office after taxi took me back via beach front and I did spy a couple paddling in the water.

Starting to think the cloud wont shift. It is bright enough though, but cant now see there being warm sunshine and cant see the record going here unfortunately. Dyce reporting 16C, same as here in the city but sun though (just checked on-line) so sun or not does not look like will make much difference. Maybe an hour window or so left then cools down later and through the night (and it looks through the rest of the week and weekend from what I can see - chilly temps in the 5 day forecast).

cheers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

12.7c and feeling decidedly chilly around the house. Ive put the heating on ( :ph34r: ) No records will be broken today here that's for sure. What on earth do we have to do in east central to get rid of this perpetual God-for-saken-cloud! I have the horrible feeling that yet again we will be experiencing a repeat of the last almost two years. Not very fond of Simon Cowell, but I understood his comment whilst auditioning in Glasgow:........... "These people are grey!"

Edited by Blitzen

Posted

Too much goddamn cloud - if we're getting 16.4 with cloud, you'd have to think 18 would be possible if the sun breaks through but it's not looking good...

Yeah, I wonder what it would have been like if the sun was out and just imagine it summer!

Posted

snaw from T+114 to T177 and counting (still coming out) on the 12Z.

Interesting...

e.g. T156

prectypeuktopo.png

h850t850eu.png

EDIT. And just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water remove the winter tyres..

h850t850eu.png

Michty me! :lol:

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: appropriately seasonal

Guid afternoon kilters!

Was really warm and sunny this morning when I was out and about (so no idea on temp), but definitely the warmest I have felt it in 2012 and the dog was panting (his dark winter coat and sunshine not mixing well). But, then by this afternoon it had clouded right over and a lot cooler.

Posted

Hmm.....I am poised to do just that if this mildness keeps up.

I was thinking the same; I love them but when it gets really warm they are too soft for hard cornering etc. If I needed to do that for some reason of course, I mean not that I would do such things normally... :whistling:

Anyhoo, I shall book an appointment for them to be changed at T+120.

Posted

Anyhoo, I shall book an appointment for them to be changed at T+120.

If you do that, and Blitzen arranges to have the snaw blower retired to the loft. :acute:

Hit one too many potholes today, and now have a £400 suspension repair bill :angry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

No record this afternoon perhaps but surely last nights temps must have been about the warmest overnight Winter temps recorded in Scotland. Saw 15.3c from Perthshire at midnight, higher at Aboyne with 15.9c and Aberdeen Airport had 16.1C at 0400 hrs.

Here we got 14.5C this afternoon.

Just been reading KevBrad's report on TWO of the blizzard in January 1913 when that same part of Perthshire got 31 inches of snow. Quite a difference! Know which I'd prefer at this time of year.

Posted

ECM remains chilly although the GFS was better..

http://cdn.nwstatic....ecmt850.120.png

http://cdn.nwstatic....ecmt850.144.png

http://cdn.nwstatic....ecmt850.168.png

http://cdn.nwstatic....ecmt850.192.png

pesky warm sector

http://cdn.nwstatic....ecmt850.192.png

Then back to chilly...

http://cdn.nwstatic....ecmt850.240.png

GFS op has good support from the control up to 7 march...

t850Aberdeenshire.png

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

Maximum of 15.7C here today. A personal record for February/winter since I started recording in 2009. It could have been so much higher though without the cloud. Incredibly mild last night and was 14.5C and rising when I went to bed at 11:45pm.

Posted

Well temp back to 11C now. Missed out on any records I think from what i saw around the favoured sports. My garden therm maced at 16.8C (think official ABZ temp was 16.4C this aftenoon, and 161C at 4am this morning!! Cloudy pretty much all day too) - anyway, very pleasant - will happily take that in the summer!

Anyway, thanks SS for posting the charts. Chilly spell. Not ideal direction from imby but will take it! Hopefully will get the ski resorts back on track at the very least, and i guess away from immediate coasts most may do well out of it. Hope this develops further rather than vanishing.

Edited by thebigyin

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Got a good 15C today with some welcome sunshine, the snow of 10 days ago a puzzling memory. Plenty of warm mud around, getting a domestic earbashing for repeat offences recently.

I too was thinking of taking the winters off as they'll shred in these temps but they'll stay on for now - although I don't see more than sleet at low levels from the wondrous GFS 12z - and it's all too random yet anyroads. I'll set the end of March for taking them off, lazy decision as the MoT is due then.

Posted

Well it made it to 15c here today with sunny intervels and a moderate wind. Currently 9.9c. Fine day for mucking out the folds 150 tons of dung produces a fair aroma which seems to have stuck to everyone. I usually like partially emptying the folds at this time of the year as it is usually cooler and the aroma not so strong but with all the ammonia was I really soporific this afternoon. High summer anyone. Well at least we can open the gates more easily now. Just in as we had to finish scraping up by hand any spilt dung as we have a farm inspection tomorrow. So paperwork tomorrow for me and young Mr.Northernlights can feed the cattle while I smile politely to the inspector .

Posted

Plenty of warm mud around, getting a domestic earbashing for repeat offences recently.

I've done a fair bit of time on and off for the same over the years. Just can't seem to break the cycle of reform then re-offence. :sorry:

Edited by scottish skier

Posted
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit
  • Weather Preferences: Hot N' Sunny / Cauld N' Snawy
  • Location: The Highlands of West Fife. 650ft ASL. Nr Knockhill Racing Circuit

12.7c and feeling decidedly chilly around the house. Ive put the heating on ( :ph34r: ) No records will be broken today here that's for sure. What on earth do we have to do in east central to get rid of this perpetual God-for-saken-cloud! I have the horrible feeling that yet again we will be experiencing a repeat of the last almost two years. Not very fond of Simon Cowell, but I understood his comment whilst auditioning in Glasgow:........... "These people are grey!"

We must have the crappiest climate oan the planet here in Fife Blitzen :cc_confused::cray:

Gonnae end up wi Rickets an a' soarts due tae the lack o' Sunshine and warmth for fkn years noo. :help:

Dryer these last two days compared to oor usual pishyness, but still some slight mizzly pish this efty.

All together now!

On Monday morning he wake up, it's raining it's raining again

I can't go to school

today he said, it's raining it's raining again.

Antonio, Antonio, it's raining it's raining again etc. etc.

:D

Big Crabbit Innes :angry:

Edited by Big Innes Madori

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

Well it made it to 15c here today with sunny intervels and a moderate wind. Currently 9.9c. Fine day for mucking out the folds 150 tons of dung produces a fair aroma which seems to have stuck to everyone. I usually like partially emptying the folds at this time of the year as it is usually cooler and the aroma not so strong but with all the ammonia was I really soporific this afternoon. High summer anyone. Well at least we can open the gates more easily now. Just in as we had to finish scraping up by hand any spilt dung as we have a farm inspection tomorrow. So paperwork tomorrow for me and young Mr.Northernlights can feed the cattle while I smile politely to the inspector .

You're welcome to it! Plenty of heavy smells around here too. Also visited one naughty man throwing dead lambs and gralloch into a trench open to a burn, as well as burning the remains of an unharvested wheat field. Aaaargh. :aggressive:

I've done a fair bit of time on and off for the same over the years. Just can't seem to break out of the cycle of reform then re-offence. :sorry:

Yeah. I can do no good this week, getting rather depressing. :fool: