Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 13

kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

just re-subribed to netw radar - and Chelmsford is literally about 10 miles too far east - hence why Ongar etc getting snow

but we had our fair share last weekend so can't complain

I dont know but its still coming down quite nicely here trees all covered,cars,pavements,etc

Posted

Nothing for a while now. Still got loads left from last weekend mind so must not grumble, well not that much anyway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Spring, Autumn, Snow ..... not, I repeat, not heatwaves!!

Pretty much stopped now ....... a let down thus far!

Posted

Actually i'd rate this on the same scale as the weekend so far, but could become better than it if it continues and sticks on grass and pavements, stuck on some things though.

Dont like to say it but here near Fiveways Brighton its looking a bit sleety now. Not sticking to the roads or pavements, very wet, tops of cars have a dusting - it actually feels like its a bit "warmer" than earlier - just been out to let the snow fall on me!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Yup this is much better than the weekend...what a nice suprize :-) I'm happy for you, proper snow AT LONG LAST :-) just hope it doesn't go pear shaped like it did at the weekend ...fingers and toes crossed

Well temp is dropping currently 1.2 and dewpoint is 1.1 .Its laying on the cars and surfaces,cheers to you, im happy :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Cold/Snowy Winter! Just SEASONAL!!

Question....its not settling on roads yet but would the fact its making roads wet and its gonna be below freezing tonight mean that it cud be severely icey?! Just thinkin about the school run tom morn?!

H x

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

A dusting here now in Croydon and still coming down, however, not settling on pavements and roads.

Looks like the heavier stuff now beginning to develop more to the west, but not bad considering the snow was supposed to stay mainly to the west of London on yesterday evening's and even this morning's forecasts.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoors

where in horsham are you? i'm in broadbridge heath, its light here at the mo

Not far from you, Shelley's is the local school. I'm out in the sticks a bit, and the kids are desperately hoping I'm wrong about it all blowing through...

Posted

Still snowing here, about a cm on cars and dustbin lids! Still only small flakes but lovely to see! Never know this might be the last snow of the winter!! :rofl:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

West London looks like it's doing well at the moment. Snow has eased off here but still snowing lightly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

Dont like to say it but here near Fiveways Brighton its looking a bit sleety now. Not sticking to the roads or pavements, very wet, tops of cars have a dusting - it actually feels like its a bit "warmer" than earlier - just been out to let the snow fall on me!!

Same, wet but stuck on cars, temperature dropping as well as dew point so hopefully should turn less sleety soon!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

Actually i'd rate this on the same scale as the weekend so far, but could become better than it if it continues and sticks on grass and pavements, stuck on some things though.

Its no where near what it was like Sat this is so much better ,bigger flakes and def heavier,im very happy lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Outdoors

Question....its not settling on roads yet but would the fact its making roads wet and its gonna be below freezing tonight mean that it cud be severely icey?! Just thinkin about the school run tom morn?!

H x

Surrey CC are doing regular gritting runs on the main routes, and the current light snow will create brine, so it should be ok in most areas tomorrow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

West London looks like it's doing well at the moment. Snow has eased off here but still snowing lightly.

London Heathrow - Light snow

London City - Snow

Biggin Hill - Snow

Heavier in the east at the moment...wind coming from 110* so the weather should be going about 250* magnetic.

Posted

Not far from you, Shelley's is the local school. I'm out in the sticks a bit, and the kids are desperately hoping I'm wrong about it all blowing through...

lol, it seems to be taking the predicted SW track now so it probably won't keep the kids off school. i'm out in the sticks a bit as well, near rapkyns.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

London Heathrow - Light snow

London City - Snow

Biggin Hill - Snow

Heavier in the east at the moment...wind coming from 110* so the weather should be going about 250* magnetic.

Yeah but looking at the radar, the heavier snow at the moment is west of central London and towards Herts. Lighter in the east. Which makes sense as the whole system is slipping SW.

Edited by danm