Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 13

kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Metoffice have updated their warnings, talk about covering their arses!

LOL. Now they update the warning map and include us. 90 mins into the snow falling. Do these people not look at the radar?! Bizarre.

Btw I'm not having a go at the Met and the Beeb for the forecasting of this, more the nowcasting. The models were all over the place for this event, so it was always going to be difficult. But when you see live tv forecasts be completely contrary to what is going on at that moment in time, then that is something I find bizarre.

Now someone that agrees with me, this was a massive **** up!

Most stuff is pre-recorded, especially the weather.

Posted

Right so we have a dusting in Grays/Thurrock. Any other reports of at least a dusting in Essex? Nowt in Sarfend.

Posted

Right so we have a dusting in Grays/Thurrock. Any other reports of at least a dusting in Essex? Nowt in Sarfend.

Not really a dustin here yet, keep having moderate snow of 5p flakes but very intermittent

Posted

On last thread, Bas, Benfleet, Woodham and Rayleigh! Seems you me and Paul S are just to far east in Leigh/Southend

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

Just saw the forecast at 8:27 on bbc news channel, showing nothing for eastern England....looked outside, oh wait no there it is, a good solid near inch outside!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

MetOffice says heavy snow from 9pm in my area.

I doubt it.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: 22-38C in summer with storms, cold in winter with some snow/or 15-25C

It's SNOWING!! real flakes as well!

Posted

Now someone that agrees with me, this was a massive **** up!

Most stuff is pre-recorded, especially the weather.

to be honest they went by there models.. we went by our ones.. t.e.i.t.s said its all going to go a bit further east then forcasted, i doubted him at first but watching the radar all day then started to believe him.. and outside is the result of heavy snow falling and its now a bit more then a dusting..

Posted

Crazy E16 just on Thames has had 90 mins of light to moderate snow and everywhere has covering of snow except roads.

Posted

radar showing good returns for Chelmsford area - but nothing other than very light snizzle ....

I think if its blue its no good has to be a darker green or yellow for anything decent from patching together the reports to the radar! All a bit tricky tonight.