Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Regional Discussion Thread Part 4

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Now this is all very well and good and I am tempted to go for a drive and see how it looks but I am just far too tired to go out, however will this be gone in the morning like the other morning? Will it slip away from some rain later AND how long into the night do we expect this flow? Any thoughts anyone? Tell me it will stay so I can get some sleep and set the early alarm ? ... :)

No. No and many hours yet!

Posted

Well in Farlington temp is 1.7 (was 1.9 20 mins ago, but says stable and there is no wind at all and no snow!! :cray:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

post-2094-0-07175700-1328823673_thumb.pn

Thanks GTLTW, well, judging by the radar one of the brighter echoes seems to be headed in that direction, but the temps/wind direction are a bit marginal, so it'll be a close call, especially for the coastal strip. Mind you, I didn't expect it to snow here! Dew points are low so if it comes down heavy enough could see a lightish fall right along the coast - for a change!

Posted

prectypeuktopo.png

GFS 18z looking good, heavy snow right down to the cost around mid night and then lighter right through to mid morning

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

post-2094-0-07175700-1328823673_thumb.pn

Well done PB, this is loking like an upgrade at this stage I would say, if only it could stall now I hear the folks say whom have a covering.

Hmmmm.

Posted

There's nothing wrong with my sensor. I have 2 & a trusty old mercury max/min & they are all within 0.1/0.2C of each other. Don't forget Solent & Thorney Island are airbases, with a huge open expanse of land, so are not representative of the whole area. I'm often 2-3C warmer than both station due to my urban location.

Posted

prectypeuktopo.png

GFS 18z looking good, heavy snow right down to the cost around mid night and then lighter right through to mid morning

Cheers windseeker, if you can, please roll out a couple more for a later timeframe as well.

That would be most helpful. :good:

Posted

Well done PB, this is loking like an upgrade at this stage I would say, if only it could stall now I hear the folks say whom have a covering.

Hmmmm.

#

Stall? hmm you in telepathy with me?

Posted

There's nothing wrong with my sensor. I have 2 & a trusty old mercury max/min & they are all within 0.1/0.2C of each other. Don't forget Solent & Thorney Island are airbases, with a huge open expanse of land, so are not representative of the whole area. I'm often 2-3C warmer than both station due to my urban location.

Mine and Snow Mania's posts were meant as advice and not criticism. However, as you say your location does make a difference and you would know that better than anyone. :good: What I will say is that COULD be pleasantly surprised by morning as your temperature will drop yet further and the dewpoints are better now than previously.

Posted

Ah yes, good point there, completely forgot the most obvious! Urban heating! Apologises SSC!

SM

Posted

Just notice on the radar that there appears to be a very heavy band popping up to the SW of Birmingham. lets hope this extends

Posted

Just notice on the radar that there appears to be a very heavy band popping up to the SW of Birmingham. lets hope this extends

Thats going west of us, some heavier stuff coming from London now. See what you mean, appologies. Edited by saintkip

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

All but stopped snowing here has settled on cars and grass but not pavements. Hoping for more about midnight. Can't see the radars as on phone. Can anyone see if we will get more at midnight?

Posted

real interesting radar watching tonight

the Precipitation just keeps intensifying, all around our area, you just don`t know where it will kick off next.

There is a real feed off the north west around amnchester down to birmingham that is turning into some real heavy falls.

don`t think it will make it to our area but looks good for the cotswolds and dorset.

Posted

No worries. Cazbym in Farlington (just off Portsea Island) a few miles north of me is recording 1.7C so that ties in with my temperature too.

Not saying I won't get snow, hopefully I will, just making an observation that it is warmer here.

Edited by SunnySouthCoast

Posted

Thats going west of us, some heavier stuff coming from London now. See what you mean, appologies.

Yes, can see very faint line from birmingham right across to say about croyden, this could get interesting

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

All but stopped snowing here has settled on cars and grass but not pavements. Hoping for more about midnight. Can't see the radars as on phone. Can anyone see if we will get more at midnight?

I think (certainly hope) that we should do divadee - fingers crossed!

Posted

Mine and Snow Mania's posts were meant as advice and not criticism. However, as you say your location does make a difference and you would know that better than anyone. :good: What I will say is that COULD be pleasantly surprised by morning as your temperature will drop yet further and the dewpoints are better now than previously.

Agree with you there GTLTW ....one thing SSC I am a chichester girl born and bred and I know the south coast very well. Esp Thorney. Thorney always has been milder than anywhere else. Locally it is called the Thorney Window. It is infact quite sheltered so events here are notable. believe me. I reckon like GTLTW you will be very surprised. Hang on in there :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Hot Sun (but not at the same time!) 57m asl

I think (certainly hope) that we should do divadee - fingers crossed!

I don't have a clue how I'm gonna sleep tonight!! Got the day off tomorrow so has hubby and daughter has broken up for half term as well so I want family sledging fun!

Just wish could see radar on phone. Stupid iPhone having no flash player.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snowy Winters, Hot Sunny Summers

Light has turned to moderate, continuing to settle, and as a good omen a gritting lorry has just driven past (unheard of in SO15!) If it carries on at current rate 40-50mm by morning. Here's hoping!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow. Winter. Dry cool Summers

Sleet then heavy rain according to Meto.