Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West Of England Regional Discussion Thread Part 3

Jane Louise

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold & Snow

Actually, I see it's probably not much and probably will turn to rain, but nevermind, better than the rest of winter.

Posted

Frome stands a good chance IMO! Actually you could argue it's an upgrade for Frome, more PPN and hopefully snow for you! The models are a downgrade for Western areas ( Ie Somerset and Bristol )!

Let's see what the radar brings us anyway, as I got a feeling it's going to pan out differently again!

Thanks AWD

Let's see what happens then :-)

So looking at the radars is the heavy PPN over the North Sea, heading past Hull due to pass through the SW?

Let's hope most if not all the SW get something tonight :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Southerly tracking low pressure in winter. Hot and thundery in the summer

Just rain.

Tbh looking at radar, even if it did turn to snow, theres like an hour or so left.

I suggest you have a propper look at the radar, the stuff northeast hes our name on it, dont worry its still developing.

Posted

Drizzle here. Temp has dropped to 1.7c and DP is -1.1 according to my weather station.

According to Severntales site... temp 2.1°C dewpoint -7.3°C (Wet Bulb :-0.9°C )

Could those more knowledgeable interpret that regarding what is required for snow to fall ?

Incidentally everything in the north east is set to swing this way and met o still has south east wales as a potential risk.. appears to pivot back over there...

Cheers !

John in Gloucester (Quedgeley) -- light rain at mo - lamp post watch later ! :-)

Posted

Not sure why the Doom and gloom latest BBC1 forecast @ 6:30pm shows snow all over Bristol and surrounding aera 5-10cm.

Why the long faces? :clapping::acute: :acute: :p

Did it? Latest news24 forecast showed main snowbelt thru' Berks, Wilts, hants, dorset

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Gales, frost, fog & snow

I think we all got to remember it was supposed to start as rain and be rain for a few hours! If it hasn't started changing to snow in places by midnight, then and only then will it be a massive boobs up!

It's nothing special, just something far more interesting than the weather this winter so far! I'm still hopeful that later tonight there will be more snow than rain around the region! IMO it's just a question of how much, if any settles, that's where my confidence drops!

Posted

Our local weather forecast had snow for East Devon from this evening until tomorrow morning. Pleased to see they forecast snow for here but I thought it wasnt supposed to be starting to snow until the early hours?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Frost and snow. A quiet autumn day is also good.

snowing now

Already? That's good news. Going by the NAE it looked as though it would stay as rain a fair bit longer. Here's hoping then that the NAE has underestimated the snow potential and it all goes in our favour.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Temperature has held steady at 1.5C for the last hour or so, no evaporative cooling yet and still that horrible drizzly rain. Some parts of Brum seem to be reporting snow though so we shall see.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

Did it? Latest news24 forecast showed main snowbelt thru' Berks, Wilts, hants, dorset

Looking at the radars currently I wouldn't believe it, but surprisingly it still did still surround Bristol in snow tonight into the early hours, but it's a pretty big sudden pull westwards around midnight to make it happen...

If the BBC forecast is right it doesn't change back to rain much either...

Edited by Bugganuts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, frosty / Warm but not hot with a steady breeze

i think its just very light rain or sleety mix here at the mo

Posted

Looking at the radars currently I wouldn't believe it, but surprisingly it still did still surround Bristol in snow tonight into the early hours, but it's a pretty big sudden pull westwards around midnight to make it happen...

If the BBC forecast is right it doesn't change back to rain either...

That BBC forecast had a small area of snow around the BTL area - last night there was a massive blob stretching all over our region in SE Wales, West Midlands, etc - we WERE in a sweet spot - now we're forecast to get the dregs.

In fact i think precipitation amounts will be well down anywhere in the country, compared to last night's forecasts

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Continental winters & summers.

Let's remember that the heavier the ppn, the more likely it will be snow, and then when it is snow - how much. At the moment it's very light. In fact there's very little heavy ppn around in our region at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Severe weather enthusiast

That BBC forecast had a small area of snow around the BTL area - last night there was a massive blob stretching all over our region in SE Wales, West Midlands, etc - we WERE in a sweet spot - now we're forecast to get the dregs.

In fact i think precipitation amounts will be well down anywhere in the country, compared to last night's forecasts

Oh yea I agree with you - it isn't as good as last nights forecast...but if this comes off we're still looking at 3-4 hours of snow on and off I guess? We will just have to wait and see.

But I still don't like how the live radar is playing out so far.

Edited by Bugganuts

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and thundery or Cold and snowy.

YEEEEES Lynxus nice medium RAIN in Gloucester. Very wet here. :)

I know man!!!! I cant believe our luck!

Ive checked and its EVERYWHERE!! Rain all over the road. Its even on the grass!

Posted

Rain turning to snow in Midsomer Norton later according to Ian F!

Yay:) Will be in Midsomer Norton on Saturday visiting parents, driving from Surrey, hoping it snows there and stays for us to enjoy it as not expecting much on the Surrey side!

Posted

Oh yea I agree with you - it isn't as good as last nights forecast...but if this comes off we're still looking at 3-4 hours of snow on and off I guess? We will just have to wait and see.

To be fair, when it's such a downgrade it ain't worth having. At one point yday eve it looked like we could almost 12 hours of the stuff. I'm in a pessimistic mood tonite - is it obvious? :rofl:

whats goin on... Meto have me for snow now till mid day 2mor lol

Yep!

Wilts looks like one of the sweet spots from latest forecast i saw earlier

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

I can repirt we have steady light sleet falling. :nea:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, cold, frosty / Warm but not hot with a steady breeze

im not too far from MSN, more importantly thats near where i have to work so i'd be really gutted if i couldnt get there

noooot

Edited by Aceman

Posted

There is reflection on the road, from a wet surface. Please lord, this needs to change?

Dew points low, temps s@@t, shirley it can only get better?

Posted

Ian F just on - cr#p with a capital C - it's more of an eastern event (of our region) and it clears away much quicker than at first forecast - graphics sh#te!

Now where's that Azores High? :rofl:

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted

When is the main rain band meant to start heading west? Getting worried its not going to :p