Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

'woolly Mammouth' Spotted In Siberia

Posted
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.
  • Location: Derbyshire Peak District South Pennines Middleton & Smerrill Tops 305m (1001ft) asl.

Isn't it a shame the video is such poor quality.... as per usual.

I would like to think they still exist, even if they are only part crossed or hold some of the same characteristics of the mammouth.

And if it was infact a sighting, why on earth did'nt they follow it and track it's path and take more photo's and vids.

If that was me holding the camera i would never want to lose sight of the thing !

Posted

so what do you guys think real or fake?

http://www.thesun.co...in-Siberia.html

It's a fake. Simple. Period.*

Like PM I wonder why every time something like this happens the picture is fuzzy. I bet it's two blokes in a costume :lol:

*and, yes, I hope I'm wrong.

Edit: actually, looking again, i think it's a bear carrying a fish :rofl:

Edited by Devonian

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

well, the wife just got from her girlie holiday out east....judging by the vid, she had a great time, just wish she hadn't worn her fur coat whilst salmon fishing....lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

and the vid?.....about as genuine as Jordan's boobies

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Are sun readers particularly gullible?

Even to my eye it is clearer a bear with a fish hanging from its mouth! :rofl:

Posted

I'm not entirely convinced the animal isn't somehow shopped in, very little disturbance in the water flow especially noticeable when they crop in.

And it does look like a blurry bear.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Real.

'

Its hair matches samples recovered from mammoth remains regularly dug up from the permafrost in frozen Russia.'

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Looks quite fake to me, the movements of the animal look very smooth compared to the rest of the video.

Posted

Real.

'

Its hair matches samples recovered from mammoth remains regularly dug up from the permafrost in frozen Russia.'

Allegedly :winky:

Posted

That is so fake! The disturbance in the water would be very obvious with the river running at that speed against such a big animal. It just seems to glide across! Will we ever see these kind of videos in full HD quality?!

Posted

It has to be said Siberia is vast, difficult to access and has large areas practically no-one has set foot in.

Hard to see how something that large could remain undetected so long though.

If it was (say) an unknown species of wolf or even a sabre tooth tiger descendant it might be more believable.

Edited by 4wd

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, Snow, Windstorms and Thunderstorms

I don't see it as evidence for anything. It's a grainy clip of something crossing a river, that's it really.

Posted

Allegedly :winky:

Yup, it's a bear with a fish in it's mouth. :lol:

Posted

At first I agreed with everyone, that it was a grizzly bear. However there are two BIG difference between this animal crossing the river and a grizzly. First, a grizzly has a very large and noticible hump behind its head. Second, a grizzly has rear hips that are practally even with its front shoulders. If you notice, neither of these two features are present. Another physical characteristic missing is the shape of the head is noticeably different. My vote is it diffantly not a grizzly. I also saw in the close up what seemed to be large ears moving. If I had to vote between the two I would vote mammoth. Just up until 1000 years ago mammoths were recorded by Native Americans and some recent archeology digs in southwest Canada have shown mammoth bones dated to about 1300 years ago.

The world has so many areas undiscovered I feel we are on the precipice of a great discovery such as this anyway. Refer to the new discoveries in the Indonesian islands as an example. Great posts by everyone but those who only wish to show out themselves.

Posted

Wouldn't be a grizzly in Siberia; that's a subspecies of brown bear that occurs only in North America and tends to be a forest dweller. It's either a Eurasian brown bear or one of the Siberian subspecies, all of which are bigger than grizzlies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

May be the Sun would like to investigate this 'Dragon' caught on camera in China :rofl:

http://web.vecer.com/portali/vecer/v1/default.asp?kaj=3&id=2012020905745594

post-5683-0-92254600-1328864286_thumb.jp

Edited by windswept

Posted

It could be a clone....... http://news.blogs.cn...xtinct-mammoth/ :search:

But probably not.

Edited by Polar Maritime

To my mind the clip is either a lucky large bear with a great big salmon hanging from it's mouth or it is a complete hoax.

At the same time there is the point that this area of Siberia is very sparcely populated and who knows what is lurking in the woods, possibly a tribe of Yetis keeping a 'big foot' as a pet -

If you go down to the woods today............. :)

Posted

I can't watch the video clip from this computer, but if most of you saying its a fish and a bear I'll go along with that.

Siberia may be large but so too was the wooly mammoth, its not as if the beasts can hide out from humans in the undergrowth, they also were supposedly herd animals aswell

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunder, snow, heat, sunshine...

Yup, it's a bear with a fish in it's mouth. :lol:

My thoughts, exactly!

Posted

It's a good example of the power of suggestion - you wouldn't of even considered the mammoth option or that it was faked if it was titled 'bear crossing a river'.

But on being told it was a mammoth you can certainly 'see' one there quite easily even if our references are only elephants and cgi animations.

• 7 months later...
Posted

I thought i would pop this in here...

Russian boy finds 'mammoth of the century'

4298952-3x2-700x467.jpg

Scientists say it is the second-best preserved mammoth ever found; the only better preserved discovery was made in 1901.

Yevgeny Salinder, whose family lives near a polar station in Russia's northern Taimyr Peninsula, discovered the frozen animal when he was strolling along the banks of the Yenisei River in late August.

"He sensed an unpleasant odor and saw something sticking out of the ground - it was the mammoth's heels," said Alexei Tikhonov, director of the Saint Petersburg-based Zoological Museum, who rushed to the tundra after the boy's family had notified scientists of the historic find.

Mr Tikhonov said the mammoth had died aged 15 or 16 around 30,000 years ago, adding its tusk, skin, an eye and an ear were clearly visible.