Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Three Counties Regional Discussion €- Part 4

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

Very tiny dusting on car in the end,was thinking i might get more because of warning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

A good post from the london thread - easy to read and understand

The SEVERE COLD is on its way back or even more intense

The below charts indicate very cold, anything that falls would be snow as this severe cold gets in from the East,

12020800_2_0618.gif

(1)Thickness 850/1000hpa-now that is cold-look over the lake at those deep blues

12020800_2_0618.gif

Thickness 500/1000hpa - those blues right across SE and EA

the next chart is a wider view of the 850/1000 chart(top)

12020800_2_0618.gif

ok so thats looking good for temperatures through the layers if you like snow to fall,

next we look at the dew points, these are really below 0C

12020800_2_0618.gif

then the surface temps,

12020800_2_0618.gif

severe cold,

so what we look for now is for precipitation-thats all we need now everything else is in place for snow

(charts are for 0000hrs wednesday) surface temps are 6pm-12am, its getting very cold as this freezing air moves in so expect anything to be snow as we go through tuesday and through the week, daytime to i would think.

next the surface pressure, high pressure with the freezing air being drawn in from the near continent,

12020800_2_0618.gif

below is NAE ppn, quite a dry high but cloud could bring something along and as GFS shows on the last chart, that indicates light snow/light snow showers

12020806_2_0618.gif

12020800_2_0618.gif

Not doing this everytime, but when we get more snow events then il do something like this!

DATA 18z

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Ice and cold sunny days with blue skies.

Woke up to a light covering in Saffron Walden too. Nice and unexpected. Hopefully it will hang around to the next heavy fall......

Edited by rodthrutheblock

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Morning all,

Nice to hear some of you had or have got some snow showers last night and this morning;

It's another foggy start here with temperature, wind chill and dew point all at around 1 °C

I still have approximately 3-4cm of laying snow on untreated surfaces and with temperatures due to fall from tonight it looks like what is left could hang around for a while yet.

Have a good day everyone :angel:

Posted

Interesting 3 to 5 day east of England forecast on the met office site updated at 243 this morning. Mentions sleet or snow Friday night and sleet or rain on saturday. So some potential there. Sorry cant post link as on my phone and havent worked out how.

Can't see anyone talking about it on the model thread though.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

just a quick note..

If anyone fancy's looking at how much snow cover remains from Sunday from Space here is a nice link

http://lance-modis.e...Ireland.2012037

Worth bookmarking... it's showing 6th Feb at the mo... expect them to release a new photo later today - and it should be good with clear skies expected

edit: just noticed some of you already have clear sky - http://www.sat24.com/en/gb

Due to the weather and time of year - I've not much work on at the mo :lol:

....idle hands =

Edited by Pixel Precipitation

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

some more flurries tonight (RADAR ON).

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Just passed a gritting lorry on my way home - it was gritting, I expect it's only for the ice warning due to melting snow freezing later !

Posted

The model thread is getting quite excited, Output improving Still few more twist and turns. My advice keep your eye on the thread this week. Snow potential increasing aswell. So Far so good.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Bitterly cold outside now........ can really feel the colder air digging back in. Bbbrrrr....... :cold:

Can't wait to get outside and make another snowman later! :crazy:

Mammatus

Posted

Going to be a cold one tonight..

-2.4C

Pressure: 1044mb

Humidity: 63%

Dewpoint: -8.5C

Wind: 4 knots from the E.

Posted

I regret walking to the gym without a coat! Much colder tonight, most of the left over snow (Which there is quite a bit of away from the town centre) is now frozen solid along with the melted snow.

Posted

I regret walking to the gym without a coat! Much colder tonight, most of the left over snow (Which there is quite a bit of away from the town centre) is now frozen solid along with the melted snow.

I unfortunately walked home from the gym in my tshirt and shorts, bad idea!!

Freezing out there now, -1.4 already, possibility of -6 or so tonight, ice could be a big issue tomorrow :cold: :cold: .

edit: down to -1.6 four minutes later.

Edited by Hughsey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Walked the dogs at lunchtime and holy moley was it cold out of the sunshine… temps haven't risen above freezing all day and now it's dropped to —4ºC. Snow still deep and crisp and even and after last night has a layer of ice as my terrier's tracks didn't sink into the snow.

It's going to be beautiful later under a nearly full moon, so I might go out again.

Edited by Iceni

Posted

As Steve M noted in the SE thread, the moon looks absolutely stunning tonight! Currently -4.4C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

Temperature was plummeting earlier this evening, down to -5.5C at 5:42pm. Cloud has since rolled in and it's up to -4.7C.

Pity...if the night had stayed clear then we would see -11/-12C with all the snow cover. Since Friday night it's only been above freezing for 3 hours here, and that was yesterday when it got to about 1.5C. Still got 4 inches of snow on the grass....only really melted on the roads. Rooves still covered on the better insulated houses.

Edited by suffolkboy_

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny. Cold and sunny.

Went for a walk to Herringfleet this afternoon and took this snap. Thought it had a bit of a Dickensian feel to it. So I will dedicate this to the great man on his 200th birthday. It was minus 5c according to my iphone app. My shutter finger very nearly ended up with frost bite. All the canals were frozen.

post-16221-0-57485500-1328643808_thumb.j

Posted

Down to -4.2 here, cloud cover rolling in tonight though right? -10 potential in the midlands but we will miss out on that wont we?

Edited by Hughsey

Posted

-7c at Stansted and has been for a good hour now though some high level cloud now rolling in - looks like we're the coldest place in the UK at the moment

SK

Posted

Found this on me twiiter page..Interesting one to watch.

Joey B

Major storm could blast UK in about a week with widespread 6 inches or more.. http://pic.twitter.com/xsDHHBPw

AlDYKhZCAAAwPH7.jpg

Uk people.. some milder weather this week before atmospheric anarchy in UK next week. This does not look warm to me. http://pic.twitter.com/zfRFsuKT

AlEEh6kCQAAAfrj.jpg

Edited by Jason T