Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

East Anglia & Three Counties Regional Discussion €- Part 4

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Welcome to the new thread everyone: Please continue here….

This is where you can talk about local conditions, your thoughts on how things are panning out; is winter really over when it’s only just begun or could we get another bite of the cherry yet?

This is thread is geared for a more general 'chatty' discussion to give all members a chance to post and discuss the weather within our region and also to enjoy reading informative and occasionally humorous posts so please don’t be shy join in and share your thoughts.

Just a quick reminder to any new members, or those who haven't yet done so to please put your location in your profile. You can do this by clicking on your profile (top right hand corner), then clicking "edit profile". Add your location and save!

Thanks - MKsnowangel :angel:

Link to the old one here…….

http://forum.netweather.tv/topic/72478-east-anglia-three-counties-regional-discussion-part-3/

post-10773-0-53970800-1328565193_thumb.j

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers, Cold Winters.

Currently hammering down, with rain....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow and photographically interesting weather

Yes the sleet has now turned to rain - although the temperature has dropped in the shower from 1.8c to 1.6c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Not convinced winter over yet MK...Bigger bite of the cherry to come. Marc B (OH BUGGER)

Jason

Posted

I see nothing falling from the sky :/ xxx

Thats amazing Mrsf, if I remember rightly, u are somewhere in Orton? If so, I doubt that you are no more than a mile from me (as the crow flies that is)

It is absolutely pouring here.

Posted

Thats amazing Mrsf, if I remember rightly, u are somewhere in Orton? If so, I doubt that you are no more than a mile from me (as the crow flies that is)

It is absolutely pouring here.

Yep, in the Ortons, near the awful centre lol!! ;) Just been for another nose at the window and we DO have rain but its not pouring, although we do have some puddles forming so maybe it was raining heavier earlier?

TBH I prefer if the rain comes and washes all the snow away when it goes slushy and horrid like it has done xxx

Posted

oh it is falling here in Peterborough but sleet!

Whereabouts in Peterborough are you? I think that this shows how marginal things are, definitely rain here.

Posted

Hmm, if that precipitation carries on its current track without dying down the Nene Valley then its touch and go here. Temp 0.9C, dewpoint 0.7C.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Lightning, Snow and photographically interesting weather

Here "Central" Peterborough - it started off sleeting maybe even hail giving a visible light cover, but within a couple of minutes it changed to rain - shower lasted only a few minutes and dropped about 0.02" of rain. Temperature now is 1.5c after that shower The remaining snow is looking very thin on the ground now.

Edited by MBaines

Posted

At the closest weather station i am aware of, the temp is showing as 1.6 and falling, with a dew point of 1.3 and falling, perhaps any showers later could be more favourable?

Edit: Mrsf beat me to it!

Edited by MarcB

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms, very cold (inc. anticyclonic) weather

-0.4C here, very little thaw today, only really on the roads, still snow on roofs etc.

Looking good for a VERY cold night on Wednesday night if these snow fields stay....can't see them thawing tomorrow.

Posted

Good old peterborough weather watch, I use that too. Anyone know who runs the site, possible member ?

Edited by Hughsey

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Yep, in the Ortons, near the awful centre lol!! ;) Just been for another nose at the window and we DO have rain but its not pouring, although we do have some puddles forming so maybe it was raining heavier earlier?

TBH I prefer if the rain comes and washes all the snow away when it goes slushy and horrid like it has done xxx

Hmmm The bigger problem Mrsf16 its all going to freeze down to -8 thursday barely above freezing during the day.

Jason

Posted

Hmmm The bigger problem Mrsf16 its all going to freeze down to -8 thursday barely above freezing during the day.

Jason

Oh no, fingers crossed it (anything wet) all disappears by then! lol

Feel like I am betraying myself as I am normally a big winter lover.... but I really need mother nature to be on side this week! After Saturday it can do what it likes!! LOL xxx

Posted

Good old peterborough weather watch, anyone know who runs the site?

Not a clue, I have a couple of good friends that live on the same estate that it is based on and one of them thinks it maybe a crazy old guy that lives a couple of doors down from him, he says that there is all types of strange equipment in his back garden, I'll have to go and check sometime :unsure:

Posted

Jason

Surely tuesday night into wednesday is the threat?? -6 minimum with maximum in the day of 1.edit: then -5 min temperature wednesday night

Edited by Hughsey

Posted

Still got a decent 2 inch covering here away from the main roads and town centre. Outskirts probably still have as much as 3 inches in undisturbed areas on non-man made surfaces.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: SNOW

Yes I'm also near the awful centre lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

After light snow flurries since 21:00, the snow has become more prolonged and heavier in nature here in Sudbury (South Suffolk).

Another bitterly cold night again with 2/3" of snow still lying on grass.

Mammatus :D

Edited by Mammatus

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: cold and snowy. Summer: hot and sunny

After light snow flurries since 21:00, the snow has become more prolonged and heavier in nature here in Sudbury (South Suffolk).

Another bitterly cold night again with 2/3" of snow still lying on grass.

Mammatus :D

Can't actually see any precipitation on the radar over south Suffolk at the moment...?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Squall Lines, Storm Force Winds & Extreme Weather!

Can't actually see any precipitation on the radar over south Suffolk at the moment...?

I can assure you it's snowing moderately....... could be because it's low resolution radar. It's also very foggy..... has been know to snow in fog :winky:

The Met Office forecast 2cm - possibly 5cm for my location tonight, will be interesting to see what accumulations build up overnight but I suspect they have been a little optimistic with 5cm.

Mammatus :smilz38:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Surprises

Small snow shower here (20p size at times ) seems to have built up from nothing on the radar coming from north east - settling on cars, bin lids etc (-:

t +0.2c rising slowly

dp -1.2

h 94%

Edited by Pixel Precipitation