Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 11

kold weather

Posted

Damn, but good while it lasted aye? We had 11cm in Headington,Oxon, not far from you, how much did you end up with in the end?

Regards,Mark

I measured 10cm before I went to bed that night (my birthday!) and we had a bit more after that so probably about the same as you. It was already falling off the trees in the morning though.

It's now pretty much just on the grass and footpaths. The roads are clear - even our private cul-de-sac. However, I'm not on top of the Wycombe hills so I think there's more up there still.

Is your snow cover holding up?

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Are we due snow tonight then?, light dusting perhaps :(

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

I measured 10cm before I went to bed that night (my birthday!) and we had a bit more after that so probably about the same as you. It was already falling off the trees in the morning though.

It's now pretty much just on the grass and footpaths. The roads are clear - even our private cul-de-sac. However, I'm not on top of the Wycombe hills so I think there's more up there still.

Is your snow cover holding up?

Yes similar story here though all roads are now clear, paths now have slush and some snow in patches. Though on some parts of the grass we have 6cm left. Starting to see the grass poking through again

Regards.Mark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything

Still pretty snowy here in Ashford this morning. We lost maybe a third of our cover yesterday so still quite a bit of snow out there. Of course it's frozen solid now with -7 reached last night.

Sun is out now but I don't expect the thaw to be as rapid as yesterday, maybe we will lose half of what we have left? That still leaves a few CM's to re freeze tonight and the possiblity of a top-up at some point!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Interestingly as we now have the flow off the North Sea we are no where near as cold as Mid Kent.

Recently

Temp : -2.5c

Dewp : -4.1c

Still a beautiful winters day with wall to wall sunshine and a splattering of biggish snowflakes on the cars as some showers passed through very early this morning.

Amazingly we seeem to be colder here on the coast ,than inland areas which is not normally the case , still -1.3 here with a very cold wind now blowing , sunny skies though making the snow and ice look sparkling beautiful.

Are the models now sugesting an extension to this cold??

I see snow flurries are forcast for parts of kent through tonoght wth very low temps. :acute: .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow, and lovely summer Sun

Amazingly we seeem to be colder here on the coast ,than inland areas which is not normally the case , still -1.3 here with a very cold wind now blowing , sunny skies though making the snow and ice look sparkling beautiful.

Are the models now sugesting an extension to this cold??

I see snow flurries are forcast for parts of kent through tonoght wth very low temps. :acute: .

think something going on with my station, +1.7?

Posted

think something going on with my station, +1.7?

my station is showing +2c as well (could be that mine is slightly wrong positioned though )

just checked with manston and their showing -1.9c

Edited by PLANET THANET

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

carol k on weather this this morning was saying the temp will plunge some parts could see temp of -15 with us see snow showers 2morrow

Yes wouldn't rule out snow showers through tomorrow aswell with a easterly influence of sorts..

-10c will be broken somewhere in Central/Southern/Eastern England tonight.

Posted

my station is showing +2c as well (could be that mine is slightly wrong positioned though )

just checked with manston and their showing -1.9c

have double checked mine now showing -1.1 and everthing in back grdn still frozen solid

Posted

have double checked mine now showing -1.1 and everthing in back grdn still frozen solid

i am sure your temp is about right as there is no drip drip from the snow and although it has gone from the path around the house it is still deep on the lawn/garden, we have a minituare labradoodle and when she goes into the garden we cant see her short legs and her underside rubs on the snow !!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: love snow and frosty mornings

Still very thick in my garden,still like a winter wonder land,all on my bushes still and no sign of my grass and my ponds

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

freezing out there today! really dont want to venture out...Bambi springs to mind. I managed to get some pictures of the snowflakes though :D

P1060462.jpg

Posted

P1060462.jpg

WOW!!!! that's cool! ( :rolleyes: ) No seriously good photo Tilly!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

thankyou! I've got lots of pics, I will have to make them smaller and put them in the gallery. I haven't really got a clue when it comes to my camera so it was a bit of experimenting.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow cold,storms and heat

freezing out there today! really dont want to venture out...Bambi springs to mind. I managed to get some pictures of the snowflakes though :D

P1060462.jpg

Fantastic pic ,well done Tilly

Posted

i am sure your temp is about right as there is no drip drip from the snow and although it has gone from the path around the house it is still deep on the lawn/garden, we have a minituare labradoodle and when she goes into the garden we cant see her short legs and her underside rubs on the snow !!

P1060462.jpg

That snow flake looks perfect , hope theres more like that this evening falling on a very frozen ground. :good:

Posted

P1060462.jpg

Wow pretty.....similar on car and shed roof this morning......lovely photo....

Posted

Just taken my girlfriend to work via a wooded road and can't believe that there is snow on even the narrow branches right up to the top,its was 3c yesterday with bright sunshine.It was -1.5c today so it may stay like that again.

Posted

Just taken my girlfriend to work via a wooded road and can't believe that there is snow on even the narrow branches right up to the top,its was 3c yesterday with bright sunshine.It was -1.5c today so it may stay like that again.

Is she a lumberjack? :unknw:

Posted

interesting the cold air seems to be flooding our way again bright blue sky now after a dull and cloudy start. Fun and games on the model thread less knives out this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Has nobody looked at the far reaches of FI on the very poor GFS 06z runs yet? :shok::cold:

I feel a RAMP of EPIC proportions would be coming this way if it happened to verify. ;)

SM not about?

Regards

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

Temp rose to -0.4 is now dropping , curently -1.1. Could this be my 3rd ice day of the winter!. Lots of snow still in garden :rofl:

peps in the model discussion seem to be in high spirts this morn , Reasons ??