Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 11

kold weather

Posted

Think i will nearly have a ice day here, t -2.8 dp 3.9 and both still falling .it is -15 in some places the other side of the north sea at mo, and few light snow showers maybe for essex and kent later too as we now have a east flow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy Cold Winters & Warm Dry Summers

I really hope after all the hype from the media and the model forums that last weekend is al we end up getting in the form of snow.

It was nice for about 6 hours and then not so nice and if that does turn out to be it for this Winter then it would be a shame and and be reminiscent of the winters of pre 2009.

Posted

-5c in Faversham dew -8c....where some flakes fluttered have settled on the shed.....not a dusting but pristine fluffy flakes.... still have 6-10cm in places..... snowman sort of survived the night.... lots of iced up slush around today.....

Edited by willinkent

Posted

Just looked through the ECM GFS and UKMO, the ecm looks like we might be going through the nerve shredder again, by showing us some tasty easterly prospects! GFS also hinting at this, UkMO not sure yet as does not go out far enough.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: BEASTERLYS

Just looked through the ECM GFS and UKMO, the ecm looks like we might be going through the nerve shredder again, by showing us some tasty easterly prospects! GFS also hinting at this, UkMO not sure yet as does not go out far enough.

Really cold ere this morning -3.6 , blue skies , but all that slush and snow has turned to stone this morning , rubbish men havent been either so roads must be a nightmare hoping for some more low temps tonight along wth maybe some snow flurries., loving this weather ,hope it stays for at least another week wth morE shots of potential snow ??

Posted

Gosh it's cold in Canterbury -9.6 and dropping

I thought my station was playing silly sods, when I looked and it was -9.5C. Thankfully your recording a similar temperature!!

Morning All-

A macro dusting here in Bex today...

Blow that cold air back up from kent-

Remember people some sub -12's out there tonight- this has not been covered by the media...

I see the models have backtracked as well today!

S

Posted

Really cold ere this morning -3.6 , blue skies , but all that slush and snow has turned to stone this morning , rubbish men havent been either so roads must be a nightmare hoping for some more low temps tonight along wth maybe some snow flurries., loving this weather ,hope it stays for at least another week wth morE shots of potential snow ??

Greetings to Ramsgate from the Bay...

GFS looks a stonker as does the ECM! Have you seen the "Beauty of the Beast!" lol after that ECm shows a northerly can you believe that?!! BBC also going for snow flurries for kent from as early as tomorrow nice one eh?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: hot sunny summers to ripen the veg and cold snowy winters of course

I think that the models were exhausted yesterday after the last week of excitement, and couldn't get their acts together, I know I was. Temp didn't go below freezing last night so the journey to work wont be too icy, still much to look forward to over the coming days

Posted
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.
  • Location: Saltdean,Nr Brighton,East Sussex,Hither Green,SE London.

-7c here now out in the Countryside near Hastings. Still 3 inches of snow after yesterdays small thaw. dewpoint (-4) so right back in the freezer. BBC calling for a maximum of -1c here today. That would be the fourth ice day here from this cold spell.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Quick question.

When people talk about FI, what does this stand for?

Cheers

Posted

Yep really freezing cold in Eastbourne with -3.0 °C on the drive and plenty of ice and crispy slush. Surprisingly it got a little warmer as I travelled inland to work and it's an almost balmy + 1.0 °C here now!

Local BBC weather this morning had Rachel going for a few flurries today. I think they may be limited to Kent, but could be interesting to keep an eye on the radar later!

Quick question.

When people talk about FI, what does this stand for?

Cheers

Fantasy Island - a place where your perfect weather exists, but you never actually get to it!!!!!! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Hi guys, nice to see alot of you saw at least a light dusting of snow, cold air returning today and like steve said -12c uppers ;)

Posted

Light snow in High Wycombe! That's a nice surprise! Too damp to settle anywhere except on the (rapidly diminishing) lying snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: As long as it's not North Sea muck, I'll cope.

Yep really freezing cold in Eastbourne with -3.0 °C on the drive and plenty of ice and crispy slush. Surprisingly it got a little warmer as I travelled inland to work and it's an almost balmy + 1.0 °C here now!

Local BBC weather this morning had Rachel going for a few flurries today. I think they may be limited to Kent, but could be interesting to keep an eye on the radar later!

Fantasy Island - a place where your perfect weather exists, but you never actually get to it!!!!!! :lol:

Thanks. Makes sense now! :rofl: I keep thinking of Forced Induction - from a sports car forum I used to belong to.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow

Light snow in High Wycombe! That's a nice surprise! Too damp to settle anywhere except on the (rapidly diminishing) lying snow.

Damn, but good while it lasted aye? We had 11cm in Headington,Oxon, not far from you, how much did you end up with in the end?

Regards,Mark

Posted

Thanks. Makes sense now! :rofl: I keep thinking of Forced Induction - from a sports car forum I used to belong to.

Great minds!!!

turbogauge.gif

Posted

Hi Craigore, When easterly synoptics show I always think there will be a chance of snow for our regeion. If the models keep trending to this and all mostly agreeing at t72 then good chance. I think info from the Strato thread suggests look for good changes from the 10th onwards, ie more blocking, greenland high pressure etc

Posted

Interestingly as we now have the flow off the North Sea we are no where near as cold as Mid Kent.

Recently

Temp : -2.5c

Dewp : -4.1c

Still a beautiful winters day with wall to wall sunshine and a splattering of biggish snowflakes on the cars as some showers passed through very early this morning.

Posted

Hi guys, nice to see alot of you saw at least a light dusting of snow, cold air returning today and like steve said -12c uppers ;)

carol k on weather this this morning was saying the temp will plunge some parts could see temp of -15 with us see snow showers 2morrow