Cold?
IGNORED

London & The South East Regional Discussion - Part 11

kold weather

Posted
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: Siberian
  • Location: Upminster Bridge London Borough of Havering 40m above sea level

Regarding the slow demise and tragic death of your snowman willinkent, remember the words in O God, Our Help In Ages Past.

"Time, like an ever rolling stream

Bears all its sons away."

The rest is water.

Posted

The fact Steve Murr hasnt posted tonight is very telling

Updated memo the MetO have sent Croydon Council STILL shows snow :D:cold:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, Tornadoes, Snow and Hot Sun

oh no the tragedy..... its 1c and my snowman's head has fallen off..... the humanity..... :aggressive: oh well considering this winter he had a good run.... :good::clapping:

wow he did have a good run! ours tragically died a couple of days ago. He was leaning like a drunk after a day or so and he might have had a little helping hand the rest of the way lol :whistling:

Posted

Ours is also leaning at about a 45 degree angle now but still in one piece, although the kids have now renamed him Scream-Man due to the pebbles and carrot that have fallen off to leave round circles that look like the ghoul out of scream!

Still have about 3-4cm at the bottom of the garden which gets no sunlight but it is really hard compacted with a layer of ice, no drip drip today and the pavements are sheet ice and lethal. There are still huge piles of snow where people have shovelled the stuff from their paths and driveways etc.

Posted

Just seen the latest BBC forecast and, blimey. Looks a near-run thing for our region tomorrow night into Friday. From an IMBY point of view interesting, because being in west London I may be right on the eastern edge of any snowfall. Still, would only take a slight shift east for the whole of our region to see something. Something tells me not this time though, looks like a Midlands event to me.

Still, I'd say this has been a good cold spell for London; a week of cold or v cold temps, one significant fall of snow and several days with snow grains in the air - all very seasonal. Just a shame so much of the snow melted on Sunday/Monday, that's all that stops this current spell from moving into the 'very good' category.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Looking like more snow potentially next week!!

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

Here is a snow map for thursday and friday(posted in snow thread)

post-11361-0-74637500-1328768709_thumb.g

dark pink areas-moderate to heavy snowfalls

light pink is lighter snowfall, and we are in there! so be nice to get some light snow at least, not expecting any deep falls here.. but i can say one thing, you just never know what could develop, its a time when things change over the hours, it is difficult to place the edge of these systems, but the further west and north of our region that is more likely to see snow, as nearer the main weather system, but even if we dont get the snow across all our region the future looks interesting for snow and maybe not needing to wait to long for more potential events!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Very Hot,Very cold.scared of thunder and lightning.

probably a stupid question,but is that ppn out in the north sea really gonna swing back west that quick?