Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Wales Cymru Weather Discussion Part 5

J10

Time for a new thread.

My post from model output thread.

To me the charts seem very strange and sometimes this happens when the models are struggling, it could also be that we are going to have a period of nOndescript weather, after the surface cold over the next few days.

Of course both could be true.

Posted
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)
  • Location: Llanwnnen, Lampeter, Ceredigion, 126m asl (exotic holidays in Rugby/ Coventry)

Again, to those hoping for snow, virtually no chances this week I'm afraid with high pressure over us:

post-2595-0-78163200-1328556057_thumb.gi

Posted

Without being pedantic can we have the Cymru with a capital C and out of the brackets and only separated from the Wales by a hyphen? It feels like it's deliberately being undermined, and it's been annoying me for a while now :)

Diolch.

Again, to those hoping for snow, virtually no chances this week I'm afraid with high pressure over us:

post-2595-0-78163200-1328556057_thumb.gi

While there will be no real snow this week, the BBC Wales forecast at 6.55pm did mention that there maybe light snow flurries for Eastern areas tomorrow.

Without being pedantic can we have the Cymru with a capital C and out of the brackets and only separated from the Wales by a hyphen? It feels like it's deliberately being undermined, and it's been annoying me for a while now :)

Diolch.

I have changed the title, however it will not allow a capital letter after a hyphen for some strange reason, are you happy with the changes.

Posted

I have changed the title, however it will not allow a capital letter after a hyphen for some strange reason, are you happy with the changes.

Much Better Jackone Diolch i ti gyfaill :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Sancerre.

As everyone is looking far ahead for the Greenie High, we are at risk of missing some proper weather coming our way over the next couple of days. Hard frost and slow-to-shift fog tomorrow morning - better than mild SW'lies! Looking ahead - as we know, Easterlies are rarely any good for us, but the bigger pattern continues to hint at a colder flow from somewhere North. The synoptic models will continue to bounce around and raise the Blood Pressure for those that obsess over every damned run of every model, but are likely to work themselves out in a day or three. Keep the faith. Oh, and I'll have a Wishbone please.

Posted

I've run out of patience with this lame winter. Heading to the Alps on the annual mass exodus with thousands of others. Any predictions for Savoie / Isere Jackone?

cheers!

Posted

A very narrow streamer on a N-NW wind no more than 30-40 miles in width which extended from Northwest to Southeast Wales.

And yes, it was very fabulous. :D

Posted

morning guys the guys in model threads seem to be very excited this morn, highs lows etc, dont understand it myself but it sounds like the cold may very well come back but is it 140 hrs away again? or is it a probability? as the last cold spell was 240 hrs away then 144 then back out to 240.i myself still think winter got a kick left in it and there is still snow hanging about around here even after this rain and mild spell. i really hope we can get a huge snow event just so my kids can see what some ov us saw when we were younger. and also for you guys who have yet to see much snow this winter. but please wait until next tues afternoon as we have to go away for a few day.

Posted

morning guys the guys in model threads seem to be very excited this morn, highs lows etc, dont understand it myself but it sounds like the cold may very well come back but is it 140 hrs away again? or is it a probability? as the last cold spell was 240 hrs away then 144 then back out to 240.i myself still think winter got a kick left in it and there is still snow hanging about around here even after this rain and mild spell. i really hope we can get a huge snow event just so my kids can see what some ov us saw when we were younger. and also for you guys who have yet to see much snow this winter. but please wait until next tues afternoon as we have to go away for a few day.

I think you're fairly safe between now and the start of next week - although some of todays models are predicting the start of a possible northerly around about then! - Until then it'll still be pretty cold but dry!

edit update:- not sure about totally dry mind - signs on the models there could be a little snow towards the end of this week!

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: eira mawr yn y gaeaf, braf yn y haf

ok rant Here, am getting sick of constant tweets and fb updates from my inlaws moaning about their 15cms of snow (which they apparently hate ), sending me pics of it and telling us we're "lucky " not to have any in Wales. Or my MIL, who desperately wants us to move down to Kent (not going to happen ) trying to persuade me that "see, if you lived Here you'd have lots Of snow " and claiming she was "snowed in " yesterday. She lives in the middle of Sittingbourne in a flat, hillless area with a Sainsburys 2 mins walk away, how can you get snowed In under those conditions ? We were properly "snowed in " for a week in the valleys last December, seriously, roads impassable and cars buried under three feet of frozen snow !!! :80:

*takes deep breath * OK that over with, its gone very damp and miserable here and definitely not as cold as it was, no frost or ice and all snow melted. Not sure what to expect next as the forecast from the Met is totally different to the one on my android phone, from Accuweather, which was actually Much more reliable than the Met on Saturday . . . . :sorry:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms & Snow.

Very frosty start but cloud cover almost 100% now.

Posted

Where exactly for and when.

Conditions out there are stunning atm, amazing considering the very slow start to the season. Check out www.snoweye.com for the latest webcams.

Alpe d'Huez. Sat 11 - Sat 18 Feb. Cheers!

Posted

well i am suprised how cold it is today,car is showing only plus 2 by my house and only plus 4 in cardiff by heath hospital. seems much colder than yest to me but didnt notice temps yest so may be wrong.

Posted

Interesting developments for the end of this week

BBC just showed the high giving way earlier than expected, unfortunately that allows less cold air to move SE across Wales later Thursday with their graphics showing rain. Such an unpredictable set up this! I would have thought some sleet is possible if this happens at least? Nor does it seem to be a decisive conquest by the milder air, with the models keeping us in 'No Man's Land' into the weekend.

Also, is that these troughs and little lows keep surviving into what is high pressure recently. As a rule of thumb, I would say that pressure of 1030 would kill off any fronts and precipitation, and that at 1025 it would be light. Due to this I would not be expecting very much other than 'snizzle' at best for us

Fax chart for Thursday night shows the weak warm front across Wales:

post-2595-0-91939100-1328622149_thumb.gi

And then for Saturday, an interesting little feature close to Wales, too mild I guess though?

post-2595-0-49547500-1328622238_thumb.gi

Must admit I am confused :wacko:

Edited by TonyH

Posted

Yes T could be a repeat of exactly what happened last saturday.Snow to rain event ,also from the 14th of feb(why does that day ring seem important cant remember)A northley wind seems possible ,again if that comes off another round of applause for Gp and his strat thread.

Edited by keithlucky

Posted

Chance of some snowy fun evening and overnight thursday/friday folks on the GFS 12z

gfs-2-66.png?12

From the model thread and my fav American weather forecaster Mr Joe Laminate Floori

Jolaminate floori on twitter states " Major storm could blast UK in about a week with a widespread six inches or more

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Chance of some snowy fun evening and overnight thursday/friday folks on the GFS 12z

gfs-2-66.png?12

Uppers will be above freezing, good chance of a freezing rain event, doubtful of snow tbh, there's a chance, but a slim one.

Posted

gfs-2-66.png?12

From the model thread and my fav American weather forecaster Mr Joe Laminate Floori

Jolaminate floori on twitter states " Major storm could blast UK in about a week with a widespread six inches or more

I may have just fallen in love with Mr jolaminate floori and you :air_kiss: but I would like to put that on official order please as I am desperate now lol.

Posted

Outlook for Wales Thursday to Saturday:

Becoming cloudier and more unsettled with rain spreading from the northwest, possibly preceded by some snow. Becoming less cold by the weekend.

Updated: 1530 on Tue 7 Feb 2012

Edited by andymusic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snowy, Hot and Dry, Blizzard Conditions

Same...what day is Joe talking about