Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South West Of England Regional Discussion Thread - Part 2

kold weather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny summers, cold snowy winters

Awful day here today, continuous drizzle / light rain, very dull and murky. Temperature up to 4.6C and what patches of snow remain fast disappearing.

Posted

After just reading the latest medium and long range met office forecasts, it is starting to look like that could be it for any meaningful snowfall for this winter. Oh well lets bring on spring. I'm getting bored of this cold weather now if no snow is going to come of it.

Edited by bathweatherwatcher

Posted

From what I've read it looks like its going to get cold/very cold from Wednesday onwards. I have no idea about the snow prospects but I'm guessing by the doom and gloom (especially in the Model Thread) that it's not looking good :(

Doesn't even feel like Winter compared to the last 2 we have experienced!

Posted

bbc national forcast had -9 over us for weds night so could be coldest night of winter! As we know thats citys temps and in countryside get colder

Posted

I think it could be very icy tomorrow morning. After some light showers overnight this morning was quite slippery, but it's just rained quite heavily for

half an hour and left a lot of surface water (including run off because some ground is still quite frozen) and an air temp of 2c will be cold enough to

mean the ground temperature is freezing.

Posted

That late afternoon rain over the region was a pest. As Andy says that will freeze tonight making for some potentially icy stretches on roads and pavements.

Ian F confirmed on Points West this evening that milder weather is on the way after this week. Going to see some very low overnight temperatures first through the rest of this week by the looks of things.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

The ECM goes to show how uncertain everything is at the mo.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

The ECM goes to show how uncertain everything is at the mo.

Yes nothing is set in stone as of yet except ill be having a drink or 2 at 9pm :drinks:

I think models will sure up in a couple of days and then maybe we will have more agreement, lets just hope its for a cold wintry spell to see our winter out with a bang :good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold in winter, snow, frost but warm summers please

Yes nothing is set in stone as of yet except ill be having a drink or 2 at 9pm :drinks:

I think models will sure up in a couple of days and then maybe we will have more agreement, lets just hope its for a cold wintry spell to see our winter out with a bang :good:

Ha! Enjoy the drinks....Im taking the week off

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot and sunny or cold and snowy. Nothing inbetween.

It had better stay cold, i want to be able to try out my new weather station!

Posted

Seems like the GFS 18z may have started to show some good signs... Fingers crossed for weather station and sledge usage in the not too distant future :)

I'm not convinced that things are going to warm up - the models did this before throwing us in the deep freeze last week. Let's hope winter is going to have one last go at us.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

could be very interesting late wed /thurs ,fronts coming in from west .depends on angle of attack and how far west cold uppers get ,keep an eye on fax charts and wording on met forecasts . and dont forget those of you who are newes , you dont have to be smack on the front to get precipitation , so long as the milder air behind doesn,t get dragged to low down ,fingers crossed ITS US THIS TIME :help: cider at the ready i,v got thatchers down the road ,over the mendips in a mo ,to see mum ,law ,good buz on modell thread ,enjoy :drinks:

Posted

Ooh! I like the sound of this!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: action weather

i just wish more people would have smoky fires in chimney as i love to watch smoke , gives a lot of clues to wind direction and pressure ,bring it on ,but lets wait till tonights faxes . going down village now to turn on lamps on lamp posts ,DONT TELL COUNCILL :drinks:

Posted

The clearer bitter continental is is slowly making a return :) , very much looking forward to hard frosts and sunshine as we had from Tuesday-Friday last week!. The cloud towards the E/SE is much thinner than overhead, yet even here it's far better than earlier which was very foggy with even a little drizzle

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold, snow and summer heatwaves.

brief transient snow possible later in week... :D

Posted

When you mean transient, I hope you don't mean it changes to rain?!

Posted

some interesting signs for thursday night, friday morning as a slim possibility.

gfs doesn't bring the precip as far as the sw, meto develops loads of it, ecm is in the middle and shows a potential period of snow for some.

worth keeping an eye on.

post-6326-0-33687400-1328639422_thumb.pn

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Oh lawd, not another will it/won't it. Is it really too much to ask for the weather to come up with a scenario of yes, without a shadow of doubt, it will snow?

Posted

Oh lawd, not another will it/won't it. Is it really too much to ask for the weather to come up with a scenario of yes, without a shadow of doubt, it will snow?

LOL :rofl:

Posted

some interesting signs for thursday night, friday morning as a slim possibility.

gfs doesn't bring the precip as far as the sw, meto develops loads of it, ecm is in the middle and shows a potential period of snow for some.

worth keeping an eye on.

Ian F going for rain on friday/saturday, with "perhaps some snow on leading edge, but not much" - and that word "uncertainty" again!

Edited by Bristle boy

Posted

Well the IPhone app is going for -12c tonight! It's been pretty accurate in the last week but I'd imagine we need clear sky throughout

which is quite unlikely.

Posted

Sky just clearing here, 2c, cloud bank appears to be clearing eastwards oddly. Temps should start to plummet now. All eyes on those faxes tonight....

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms in the summer, frost fog & snow in winter.

Ian F going for rain on friday/saturday, with "perhaps some snow on leading edge, but not much" - and that word "uncertainty" again!

Sounds like another trip up the mendips! :D

By the way on a slight change of subject, does anyone know why animated avatars don't work anymore, mine should be animated & not a static image.