Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South Central England Regional Discussion Thread Part 3

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine & Snow

Getting very heavy at the moment, winds making the snow blow around. Watching the lamppost snow is falling flat at 180 degrees.

Temperature 0.6 C

Dewpoint -0.4 C

Edited by feb2012freeze

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

im chucking in the towel.... for all those with snow.enjoy..hope to tune in next week.for a better result

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzard, Hot & Sunny

It seems we can never underestimate the power and warmth of the channel. This is the reason for the snow turning to rain along the Hampshire coasts, including the IOW. I really thought that the cold block would hold out, but like everything in weather, I missed the one crucial thing... a Southerly wind! :acute:

But now, another interesting development here, the wind has just switched around to the E and they temperature is on a nose dive! Was 1.8c now 1c... Interesting!

SM

This is a great development, could see colder temperatures.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

IOW pompey lee.............................aaahhhhhhh........I'll pray for a large dollop of snow just for Shanklin......

Posted

No difference along the coast in sussex.A wintry mix,about to throw in the towel as well.Stupidly warm seas ruining it yet again for us coasters.

Prospect look better later on next with no onshore wind to ruin it on the coast.Fingers crossed

If we can pick up an ESE flow later next week as is possible, you may be thankful for those warm seas

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

It seems we can never underestimate the power and warmth of the channel. This is the reason for the snow turning to rain along the Hampshire coasts, including the IOW. I really thought that the cold block would hold out, but like everything in weather, I missed the one crucial thing... a Southerly wind! :acute:

But now, another interesting development here, the wind has just switched around to the E and they temperature is on a nose dive! Was 1.8c now 1c... Interesting!

SM

Indeed SM and come midnight, IF you have a covering by then you will most likely have a covering for the next week at least. The reason that I stress midnight as being CRUCIAL, is because from thereon in, the winds will tend to veer to the North and Northeast for several hours.

I don't think your current E wind will stay but it WILL back around in the early hours so this situation WILL still pack a surprise or two.

Here's a grab for my lovelies.

post-7183-0-69983600-1328387108_thumb.pn

gottolovethisweather

Edited by gottolovethisweather

Posted

This is a great development, could see colder temperatures.

Indeed SM and come midnight, IF you have a covering by then you will most likely have a covering for the next week at least. The reason that I stress midnight as being CRUCIAL, is because from thereon in, the winds will tend to veer to the North and Northeast for several hours.

I don't think your current E wind will stay but it WILL back around in the early hours so this situation WILL still pack a surprise or two.

Here's a grab for my lovelies.

post-7183-0-69983600-1328387108_thumb.pn

gottolovethisweather

I look forward to tonight then at least! currently 0.9c here now, still got sleet currently

SM

Posted

Well from a high of 1.6C earlier to 1.1C,has now gone up to 1.3,still snowing tho,so temps up down and up again,it seems there are a lot of little micro-climates out there as some have snow,some have rain,its always gonna be pretty much touch and go when we have cold temps and the atlantic knocking on our door,lets hope we all get something much whiter in the week.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

IOW pompey lee.............................aaahhhhhhh........I'll pray for a large dollop of snow just for Shanklin......

thank you :)

Posted

20.35, still nothing in Tunbridge Wells, but hopeful of at least a covering. Looking at the radar and not getting too excited at the moment! Temp = -1.2.

MM

Posted

Just got back after a 2 hour power cut, still very much snow here, seems quite heavy at present probably a good 2cm now accumulated

Posted

post-2094-0-94269800-1328385701_thumb.pnhere we go for all of you...

Thanks Polar bear, can you turn the green over me to pink do you think. A little bit of magic could do it! Pink is such a lovely colour when it signifies snow. LOL.

Currently light rain here and as always I follow the netweather local forecast that showed rain for me all along. Haha, I always hope they are wrong when they don't show snow for me, but good old netweather always gets it right! GRR. :D

Posted

How's it going guys? Got about 4-5 inches here with the heaviest yet to come, not that I want you to be jealous or anything :p

Nick, did no-one ever tell you it is wicked to mock the afflicted. :cray: :lol:

Posted

If the current models keep doing their stuff you could well be on the Isle of white!!!! by the 12th.

many happy returns for then

Ah that is so sweet, a ray of hope in the deep gloom of our despair. Haha. Well here's hoping because all i have, (as I really expected I would) is wind and rain. Such is life and tomorrow (or even next week) is another day.

Posted

Is nearly everyone in this thread coastal?

Probably yes because everyone who has snow is currently at the window watching it fall not daft enough to waste the pleasure looking at posts by us sad snowless peeps.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Any more snowdepth measurements out there and what are your Temperatures and Dewpoints?

MY AT is 0.3c, DP is -0.2c so becoming possibly borderline sleet before long.

However I have an approx. inch covering from the looks of it.

I don't think this airmass mixing will do too much damage to those who already have a covering.

gottolovethisweather

Probably yes because everyone who has snow is currently at the window watching it fall not daft enough to waste the pleasure looking at posts by us sad snowless peeps.

Except your host CF, I hope you're well and I reckon you do look good in pink. :p

Posted

Any more snowdepth measurements out there and what are your Temperatures and Dewpoints?

MY AT is 0.3c, DP is -0.2c so becoming possibly borderline sleet before long.

However I have an approx. inch covering from the looks of it.

I don't think this airmass mixing will do too much damage to those who already have a covering.

gottolovethisweather

Except your host CF, I hope you're well and I reckon you do look good in pink. :p

Hi GTL, sadly I haven't been that well but nothing a little snow wouldn't fix. More blood tests Monday. I really NEED that snow. As for pink, I hate it really and have never worn it despite being a lady, and not the Little Britain sort either. But for snow I would even wear pink! LOL Hope you are well too and DO enjoy that snow!

Edit: I forgot to say, my current temperature here in Bognor is a balmy 2.4C and showing no sign it will drop. A shame really as the small river close to me was frozen over this morning and I haven't seen that happen for 13 or 14 years. Not even last December.

Edited by coldfingers

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny summers, cold and snowy winters. Traditional seasons please!

Snow depth is around 1-2cm here (not prepared to go out in my slippers and measure it exactly!). Temp 0.6c, DP 0c. Snowing fairly heavily, but only small flakes.

Is nearly everyone in this thread coastal?

I'm not coastal either. About 25 miles inland :acute:

Posted

Hi GTL, sadly I haven't been that well but nothing a little snow wouldn't fix. More blood tests Monday. I really NEED that snow. As for pink, I hate it really and have never worn it despite being a lady, and not the Little Britain sort either. But for snow I would even wear pink! LOL Hope you are well too and DO enjoy that snow!

I'm good and it is turning pink your way right now according to the radar if I've got my geography right.

Take care and look after yourself, CF.

A few hours of precipitation to come for many just yet.

Cheers

gottolovethisweather

Posted

latest updates from just north west of andover.

around 4cms on the ground

dewpoints 0c

air temp 0c

moderate snow falling steady for around 1 hour.

better than expected by far, really thought it would be rain by now.

Still could go the shape of the pear but got all crossed

Posted

Snow depth is around 1-2cm here (not prepared to go out in my slippers and measure it exactly!). Temp 0.6c, DP 0c. Snowing fairly heavily, but only small flakes.

I'm not coastal either. About 25 miles inland :acute:

Well done you, pretty much the same as me so far.

The further west and south you are at the moment it does look all rain but you never know, that could still change when the Triple Point comes our way. :good:

gottolovethisweather

latest updates from just north west of andover.

around 4cms on the ground

dewpoints 0c

air temp 0c

moderate snow falling steady for around 1 hour.

better than expected by far, really thought it would be rain by now.

Still could go the shape of the pear but got all crossed

Thanks Stox. Do keep us informed.

Edited by gottolovethisweather