Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Cold Spell Part 2

Zenarcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

13.6C here today. Way below the reported 19C down in Englandshire but still unnaturally warm for the time of year. Can't even put the drinks out the back door to get cool so its either clear the fridge or warm beer / wine tonight after giving my wife some moral support with the ironing. :(:drunk:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

13.6C here today. Way below the reported 19C down in Englandshire but still unnaturally warm for the time of year. Can't even put the drinks out the back door to get cool so its either clear the fridge or warm beer / wine tonight after giving my wife some moral support with the ironing. :(:drunk:

Yes, I noticed my giant temporary refrigerator (unfinished extension) was on the blink. :huh:

Based on extrapolation of the below trend, june looks good for snow....

t850Aberdeenshire.png

Posted

Next week looking positively balmy again, and I assume the wind will still be here.

Dryer day today, but the wind is never ending, brings a new meaning to blowing the cobwebs aff, I think they are blown aff, disintegrated, destroyed, non existent.

Not sure what the temp was, lost the will to look, so like most of you :drinks:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, ice, cold

Yep, it's officially Not Winter Any Longer in BleakMidwintersville - may still get some snow, but I'll think, "ooh, how unseasonal!" if it happens... it's sunny, it's mild, I'm barely wearing any sheep and my room is full of daffodils.

Mind you, off today by train to visit old pals and frankly I don't care what the weather does - the two of them have come through a horrendous six months with bereavement and birth and everything possible, and as long as they can get NAE MORE RUBBISH this year, then I'll settle for nae snaw!

Posted
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level
  • Location: Maddiston , Falkirk, Scotland 390ft above sea level

Glenshee looks more like late June that late February. Think my planks will be away for the season. Going to Austria on Saturday they are still in winter so will not want to come back!

glenshee.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

7.6c/-2.7c WNW bit of a brisk breeze and sunny! First morning for ages without any lights on.

Posted

lovely morning. sunny and a bit of a breeze. fresher weather incoming I see - currently 8C.

Just dipped in to the model thread to see how my march northerlies are doing. findings? dunno - no one has posted since yesterday which does speak volumes. The southerners have given up but I certainly have not. For the moment though enjoying mild and dry. and looking forward to weekend beers.

Posted

Nothing most of you don't know already really, but here are Matt Hugo's thoughts:

http://matthugo.word...is-24th-feb-12/

Well in to the first month of spring looks quite pleasant for many, one wonders if we should perhaps hope now that the Azores high DOESN'T bugger off any time soon. We have indeed had a lousy winter season because of its influence, but if it produces the goods for us in Spring and Summer then this winter will soon be forgotten. The chances of it disappearing in time for next winter would surely be increased? Maybe this year I will get some fruit on my tomato plants! :rolleyes:

Edited by Blitzen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Well not much going on today other than a slow,very slow migration of that Azores Ridge to the N East. Whether that heralds any change in set up time will tell.

Another warm phase before then anyhow. Feeling quite cold today, had a nosy at the ENSO projections in the Technical thread.

Also worth a look are the updates in the Solar Activity thread, could be another impressive set of Aurora inbound in the next few days.

Looking up loads to see if you are lucky ( clouds) you can catch Venus, Jupiter, the ISS and Mars all at the same time...

Posted

Not to intentionally pi55 you all off!.....

http://iceagenow.inf...no-italy-video/

Edited by Blitzen

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snaw

Not to intentionally pi55 you all off!.....

http://iceagenow.inf...no-italy-video/

No trolling on this thread please. :nonono:

Edit, ok, if we're doing videos, then here we go. (think someone posted on here in times gone by but..) Subaru impreza climbs Mont St. Anne. Love the beer thing near the end...

A winter tyre lovers dream trip (he must have a set, no way otherwise...).

Edited by scottish skier

Posted

Nevermind SS...... Hopefully it will be your turn next year especially with the terrain around your neck of the woods!

Was looking at another website there and it was stating that there was a coast to coast snow warning for Canada? Had a look but more like a glitch I would think!

http://www.theweathernetwork.com/index.php?product=alerts

Posted

Managed to catch the ISS at around 1849 this evening.

Jupiter and Venus lined up with a crescent moon - pretty stunning.

Enjoyed explaining to my daughter that in that wee dot there were a group of Astronauts pinging past at 7700 km/h !

There is a thread around today from a new poster with some amazing pictures of Italy. Not Jealous....... much

Wheres Ma Snow Machine Barn Party !!!

Edited by lorenzo

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

It has been a very poor Winter for snow in much of Canada this year, the exception being the West.

Here it maxed at over 10C but the wind felt cold. Must be getting soft with all this warm weather. :sorry: Crocuses are coming out along the road.

Posted

Will kick off another thread shortly Howham.. there was a wee cold spell so don't want to erase it's history :)