Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Scotland Regional Discussion - Cold Spell Part 2

Zenarcher

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Just dropped back down to zero here with clear skies. Max was 2.2c so icy slush still on the side roads and pavements. Not very nice.

Had a ticket for the rugby but decided to give it a miss for family reasons. Good decision now I feel. Hope the footie goes better in Edinburgh tomorrow. Models looking good for end of week and beyond. Every good direction for snow possible!

Posted

Reading the London and SE Thread and it seems that the snow there isn't lying or falling much and the temperature is on the rise which seems a little strange? Even more bizzare is that there is no snow falling under the blue colours on the met office radar! A bit of a disaster really but the midlands have been hit very hard.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and cold. Enjoy all extremes though.

We had maybe 1" this morning,which turned slushy when it started sleeting. Out at the bin just now and it is solid ice everywhere. Couldn't get the bin lid up because it was frozen shut!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

We had maybe 1" this morning,which turned slushy when it started sleeting. Out at the bin just now and it is solid ice everywhere. Couldn't get the bin lid up because it was frozen shut!

was that the rugby team you were trying to get rid of?

Posted

Still trying to digest how the worst team won, and wondering if we'll ever score a try again?

Anyhoo, just been for a dip at the local bathing establishment, and the drive over and back was interesting. May need studded tyres for the ice soon.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Never watch rugby much but did enjoy it in a perverse way.....Scotland finding new ways to lose matches they shouldn't possibly lose is car crash viewing....was impressed with Denton if that was his name and lamont in patches but no one else stood out and no one in England team impressed me at all...from a couple of angles looked like was a try for Scotland and them other angles did not...showed how even video technology can be inconclusive...

-1.1 here and wind coming of the east....cold and dry for this week but potential....groundhog winter

Posted

nice pic HC.... yer good in that photoshop :winky:

http://www.camvista....don/trafsq.php3 telephone boxin snow in trafalgar square thats just taking the hit and miss

Edited by edodfc

Posted

nice pic HC.... yer good in that photoshop :winky:

http://www.camvista....don/trafsq.php3 telephone boxin snow in trafalgar square thats just taking the hit and miss

Looks very pretty, but would like to know how Heathrow are justified in the cancellation of 33% of flights tomorrow? I think the worst I have heard is 4" in the Midlands. I would hardly call it disruptive, when you see what most of East and Central Europe have had to deal with over the last few weeks.

Posted

this a bit better css? nice greens in greenland... i think....potential?

ECH1-168.GIF?04-0

Posted

Looks very pretty, but would like to know how Heathrow are justified in the cancellation of 33% of flights tomorrow? I think the worst I have heard is 4" in the Midlands. I would hardly call it disruptive, when you see what most of East and Central Europe have had to deal with over the last few weeks.

It is a joke.....imagine boston airport shut everytime it had 4 inches! bonkers decision...i watched inside gatwick and it was fascinating seeing the chaos there last year but they got a foot and to be fair invested a fortune on new equipment so be interesting to see how they fare when they get an event....not much on the news channels so guess its been fairly tame down sarf

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: where's my vote?

this a bit better css? nice greens in greenland... i think....potential?

ECH1-168.GIF?04-0

Still there, just a bit delayed.

Photshop yes, but not as much as you'd think. Lots of people were looking at the sky going 'wow man you seen the sky? wow man...' Bloody hippies.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Reading the London and SE Thread and it seems that the snow there isn't lying or falling much and the temperature is on the rise which seems a little strange? Even more bizzare is that there is no snow falling under the blue colours on the met office radar! A bit of a disaster really but the midlands have been hit very hard.

My aunt lives near Birmingham and has about 3-4 inches of the stuff. Of course, pfft, we wouldn't have blinked an eyelid at depths like that last December but we've been hit by fairly severe half-pipe bans at times this year. Hopefully the shortage will end soon...

half%20pipe.jpg

Posted

one for you HC

ECH1-192.GIF?04-0

Posted

Pub run wasn't all that reassuring for that Greenland High. God I really hope we do get heights up there and be plunged into a long lasting, snowy freeze.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold and snowy in winter, a good mix of weather the rest of the time

Pub run wasn't all that reassuring for that Greenland High. God I really hope we do get heights up there and be plunged into a long lasting, snowy freeze.

It built the high, it just left too much residual high pressure around over the continent and sent the PV back into Greenland, neither of which look particularly plausible to me:

h500slp.png